Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
JohnKennedy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
thank you for your encouraging comment. I appreciate it.
No worries Kim, but if you think about it, it does make sense, there are still too many good economics applicants that applied pre-oxbridge that haven't got places. If you survive the next round of rejections you are very likely to get an offer IMO.

[QUOTE=Swayum Business Mathematics and Statistics .[/QUOTE]

Im sure you'll get in with those grades! they would be nuts to reject you.
jcb309
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by serocan)
Do you guys know the total number of applicants to LSE econ this year?
Look a few pages back to page 200 or so, Jong Il Kim is kindly making a list.... you can ask him for the list! It's for pure econ though, just so you know
lavada
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
Don't wanna put your confidence down its supposedly rare for someone to hold offers from both UCL and LSE
my friend does he applied to pure econ for both and got the UCL offer way ago in november and LSE offer like 2 days ago
he was also rejected from cambridge
so it is possible
jamapp
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
So, I've just finished this time-consuming process. This is only for pure economics. Note that there are still 22+ early applicants waiting for decisions and the list is not exhaustive.

N.B. Crossed out those who are suspicious of authenticity (i.e. those who provided minimal information and/or have not posted on TSR more than six weeks) to make sure the validity of sample.

Please read this carefully: I first would like to apologise for the fact that this list is only for pure economics. However, even if you haven't applied to straight economics course, you can still make use of this list as a yardstick since economics is the most oversubscribed course (i.e. simply there are more samples, which is a crucial factor in making a speculation) at LSE which I believe that it could represent/reflect patterns at other courses as well. I hope this helps.

Remaining early applicants - checked thoroughly

Amar09 (ox applicant)
Pandapple(9/10)
Jong Il Kim (14/10)
Capocrimini (13/10)
Shanny123456 (14/10)
Jonoelgrande (12/10)
kingkanoot (8/10)
crash209 (8/10)
littlemiss-sunshine (7/10)
Jinru (1/10)
Mietekmac (15/10)
Makke (1/10)
econ0403(13/10)
gilash89 (9/10)
DanielJH(13/10)
Oldboy5745 (13/10)
sonyramuni(7/10)
Izoar (cam applicant)
Xenocide (cam applicant)
I_Am_Abbas (cam applicant)
Splee (cam applicant)
kellybaby (cam applicant)

Other early applicants – please update your status

Mopac91 (10/10)
Moogen (10/10)
DragonKiller (7/10)
Potterotter (12/10)
Muhammad Yousuf Naveed (13/10)
naive212 (13/10)
Dave_McDougall (ox applicant)
River Hippo (ox applicant)
Boysenberry (cam applicant)

Acknowledged - Applied after 15th of October

bl3ss3r (18/10)
hideiris (2/12)
cactus_c (2/12)
tommyvillegas (9/1)
JAW4LIFE (2/11)
Mashad1602 (31/10)
kfighter(13/1)
Cnguyen
Sally0203
.ACS.
Steve2006
Berkice

Gathered Pile
Deipnosophist123
Dramaminedreams (6/10) (2/12)

Offer
Ab0408 (28/11) Unconditional
Economist1 (28/11) (A,A,A)
Scaryfairy5 (28/11) (A,A,A)
Mirah (IB) (28/11)
Tahadayem (IB) (28/11) (43 points)

Rejection
Roundabout (25/11)
Tribalium (12/01)
Amerz (10/11)
Econk7 (5/12)
Willis123 (25/11)
Nawz (25/11)
Accessahn (5/12)
J234 (5/12)
SinghIsKing (5/12)
Lili_220 (10/11)
Asimo
I'm also an early applicant waiting to hear from LSE for pure economics x
dorice525
Report 10 years ago
Wow.. haven't checked this thread for some time and it's gone out of control, it seems ! (nahh)

Erm yearh... I'm an early applicant who didn't get the gathered pile e-mail so it's kinda strange and frustrating for me. I wonder what they are thinking o_O Anymore theories anyone? :P
moleymus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have heard 23rd of january is goin to be a news update day
danzer
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by moleymus)
what do you mean?
alikarachi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i read somewhere in the earlier pages that NONE of the shortlisted applicants from last year got offers. is this true? i really am goin nuts after reading that...
alikarachi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by moleymus)
Yeah what do u mean?:eyeball:
Milch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by alikarachi)
i read somewhere in the earlier pages that NONE of the shortlisted applicants from last year got offers. is this true? i really am goin nuts after reading that...
really?
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by alikarachi)
Yea this is true...Well maybe apart from a couple of exceptions. Basically I think the shortlist group is just a pool of people they have gathered who are good enough for an offer BUT because of the competition, they are forced not to give out an offer straight away. At the end of the deadline they will review how many offers they have given out to others (people who got offers straight away) and depending on numbers they will give out more or no offers to the people in the shortlist group. So for example if accounting and finance was very competitive last year then all or some of the people on the shortlist would have to be rejected HOWEVER if the numbers are a little low then maybe some offers can be given out to people on the shortlist. In the unlikely situation of the course being low on numbers then I think everyone on the shortlist would get offers..........However this is just my view and opinion...
JohnKennedy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
Yea this is true...Well maybe apart from a couple of exceptions. Basically I think the shortlist group is just a pool of people they have gathered who are good enough for an offer BUT because of the competition, they are forced not to give out an offer straight away. At the end of the deadline they will review how many offers they have given out to others (people who got offers straight away) and depending on numbers they will give out more or no offers to the people in the shortlist group. So for example if accounting and finance was very competitive last year then all or some of the people on the shortlist would have to be rejected HOWEVER if the numbers are a little low then maybe some offers can be given out to people on the shortlist. In the unlikely situation of the course being low on numbers then I think everyone on the shortlist would get offers..........However this is just my view and opinion...

I was not a gathered pile applicant but I take a more positive view for those with gathered emails.

What it could mean as you say is that you are good enough for a place but not quite good enough to be offered a place straight away. Hence they want to compare your application with those received after the 15th of Jan. They will get some good applicants after this deadline and will compare these against the gathered pile applicants and see who they give offers to accordingly.

So if applicants after the 15th are not as good as you, you should get an offer.
token
Report 10 years ago
Are offers only handed out on Fridays?
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by token)
Are offers only handed out on Fridays?
Yeah it appears so.
user_01332
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have received an acknowledgment email of course. But my UCAS application was not delivered to LSE until 10/12 – so according to the opening post in this thread I missed the shortlist email days.

However, despite my application not being early – it is not late and therefore I don’t feel disadvantaged in any way.

Any thoughts? Since it does some that most people on this thread fired off their applications really early.
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by user_01332)
I have received an acknowledgment email of course. But my UCAS application was not delivered to LSE until 10/12 – so according to the opening post in this thread I missed the shortlist email days.

However, despite my application not being early – it is not late and therefore I don’t feel disadvantaged in any way.

Any thoughts? Since it does some that most people on this thread fired off their applications really early.
Personally, I think the earlier you send it the better it is, if you send your application in December, by the time they get round to properly considering it it's going to be January February time, when a lot of offers will already have been given out. Just what I think really, I mean, it might make the difference if you're a really borderline applicant.
jewelz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For those who still haven't had a reply yet..and were not in the gathered pile..is it good or bad news? =/
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jewelz)
For those who still haven't had a reply yet..and were not in the gathered pile..is it good or bad news? =/
When did you apply?
Bear Without Honey
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jewelz)
Yeah, I'm in the same situation, having applied on 20/11 (Yeah, late - My head of sixth form's an absolute plank)

I havn't had replies from 4/5 uni's yet so... panic? :p:
Milch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Personally, I think the earlier you send it the better it is, if you send your application in December, by the time they get round to properly considering it it's going to be January February time, when a lot of offers will already have been given out. Just what I think really, I mean, it might make the difference if you're a really borderline applicant.
For 2 of my friends it turned out better to send it later!
They sent their applications a month later than mine (All of us for accounting and finance). I got a gathered field e-mail but both of them didn't and they both got an offer on Friday!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%