Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal don't have a winning mentality.
    Say something

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal= dodgy CB + dodgy keeper = no trophies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    Wenger needs to go. He has taken the club as far as he can.
    Are you insane?

He is one of the best managers around right now. I agree with people saying he needs to start spending a bit, but you can't question his ability, he's generally fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal's bottle, still missing since 2005.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I like to lurk around and see the faces of some here who claim they support the club.

Winning it would mean nothing, I'm pretty sure there would have been more wums if we actually did. The only thing I'm worried about is how this effects our players.

tbh, we were just unlucky.
    Totally wrong about being unlucky writing was on the wall in the first half they should have gone in 2-0 in front. Arsenal were so poor it was unbelievable so fragile at the back. Birmingham deserved victors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    Arsenal will get knocked out by Barca,wont win premier league or FA cup.
    Are you fortune teller?

(Original post by neillya1)
    The EPL is belongs to United this year I think....
    If you are an Arsenal fan and already gives up the title to ManU, then I'm sorry you don't deserve to be one.
    4 points behind them: We play them at home and they play chelsea twice and you think it's over for Arsenal already? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obafemi Martins)
    Say something
    This had nothing to do with winning mentality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Don't worry about the final guys. I'm sure the majority of fans are actually happy that you lost. It's the taking part that counts.
    This. Our players put in 110%, the fact that we managed to get to the final instead of X, Y or Z team in itself tells a story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    If Arsenal had won it would have been labelled a pointless trophy (true) but now they've lost it's an absolute travesty, lol
    Standard though, when United won it, Arsenal fans all said it was a pointless trophy , then when they reach the final it suddenly becomes a real trophy, now it doesn't mean anything?

Fact it is, it is one of the trophies that matter, less so than EPL/CL/FA but it is still a big trophy, and any fan of any team would like their team to win it.

Why didn't Nasri play central? I can help feeling Arsenal would have played better with him there.

ReputationRep:
    All the people saying "Oh its just a mickey mouse trophey" Stfu! seriously, at least TRY to be graceful in defeat, don't take the piss with the loss

Don't think we're guaranteed any cups this season with our ridiculous bad luck and inconsistency in big games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Arsenal= dodgy CB + dodgy keeper = no trophies.
    The same dodgy keeper and CB partnership that's conceded just 1 (clearly offside) league goal in 600 odd minutes?

Yeah, that's nowhere near good enough to win trophies

ReputationRep:
    this is like the battle for that ****ty little river port in lord of the rings. lose that, but kick ass at minas tirith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obafemi Martins)
    Say something
    Dude, if you're going to WUM, you can at least try to capture the FOB mentality and character of Obafemi

ReputationRep:
    :lol::lol::lol:

ReputationRep:
    The problem is, is that it's not as if losing in such a way came as a shock to anyone. We are always one step away from ****ing up at some point.

ReputationRep:
    For all those saying Arsenal wont win anything, this is February! There's a lot of football to play especially in the EPL. This will be a major wake up call which will hopefully pushes us on to a strong finish to the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Wait, aren't you a Chelsea fan? :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)

If you are an Arsenal fan and already gives up the title to ManU, then I'm sorry you don't deserve to be one.
    4 points behind them: We play them at home and they play chelsea twice and you think it's over for Arsenal already? :facepalm:

I haven't given up at all, we still have an excellent chance.

But, speaking from a realisitic viewpoint, I think United will win it. Doesn't mean I want them too - it's just my hunch. They went unbeaten most of the season so far, I think it'll be close - but I do think they'll take it.

Just because you're a fan of a club it doesn't mean you have to blindly think they'll win everything that comes their way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    You should be the last to troll, go back to your self-imposed ban.
    you mad brah?

(Original post by Isometrix)
      what do you mean micky mouse trophy? beggars cant be choosers.
      Of course, you're right. We're never usually in the running for any competitions, certainly have no chance of winning anything this season, and the future looks very bleak indeed with all the low-quality oldies we've got limping around. :sigh:

A don't understand all the knee-jerk reactions saying we need to buy a new squad or that Wenger ought to be sacked. It's not the end of the world, guys, it's not even the end of the season. Ffs.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.