Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

Eh I thought that was quite good:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kool_Panda)
    Space Peep Show

Also sounded like Maisie Williams at the end of the preview
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She's returning in the next episode

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    I honestly cannot believe Mark Gatiss wrote that, i thought it was garbage! Maybe it wasn't the script entirely but more the direction and editting, utter rubbish.
    Totally agree with you...was very dull and boring...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do people seriously not read the thread title? :facepalm2:

Please put this in spoilers. I did not know this and you have now ruined the surprise, so I hope you are pleased with yourself

ReputationRep:
    A character returning is hardly a spoiler, especially when she appears in the preview at the end of the episode.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Anyways, this week's episode was complete trash. Sentient sleep dust which then eats people and a crazy man trying to wipe out his own species. Very weak plot, poor acting by everybody but Dr and Clara (and the Japanese woman) and overall a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    snip
    If you don't know it from watching the episode itself, it counts as a spoiler. Some people don't watch the "next week" trailer, and although I do, I didn't twig.

ReputationRep:
    I take it we are going to return to this weeks story again later in the series (if I understand the end), pity because if the original story wasn't great I doubt the 2nd episode on the story will be much good.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    I take it we are going to return to this weeks story again later in the series (if I understand the end), pity because if the original story wasn't great I doubt the 2nd episode on the story will be much good.
    No, that was one of the two stand alone episodes this series (along with face the raven next week)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    No, that was one of the two stand alone episodes this series (along with face the raven next week)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Must be planning it for a later series then, unless the idea is that the spaceship is destroyed before the electronic signal gets out? They didn't really resolve the story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a standalone? There was no resolution to the story? The signal is being sent out and Clara still has that weird dust in her eye.

I find it hard to believe that the Dr would just ignore these things and go back to doing random **** while this happens.

(Original post by tomtjl)
    It's a standalone? There was no resolution to the story? The signal is being sent out and Clara still has that weird dust in her eye.

I find it hard to believe that the Dr would just ignore these things and go back to doing random **** while this happens.
    Well it wouldn't be a first; we never found out how the Doctor and Clara got out of his time stream:dong:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I believe Steven Moffat wants a sequel for 'Sleep No More' in the future

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Do people seriously not read the thread title? :facepalm2:

Please put this in spoilers. I did not know this and you have now ruined the surprise, so I hope you are pleased with yourself
    Sorry!

Edit: * Though it would probably be ill-advised to look through this thread if you hadn't viewed the most current episode*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshL123)
    Sorry!

Edit: * Though it would probably be ill-advised to look through this thread if you hadn't viewed the most current episode*
    Yes, and if it had been revealed in the episode it would be different. Some people don't watch the "coming up next week" thing though, and what you stated wasn't actually made obvious in it :no:

I do apologise though, my comment was probably harsher then it should have been, but I was annoyed :sad:

ReputationRep:
    It'll be like series 1 where they came to Satellite 5 to find history had gone wrong.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    this rosheilda person is irritating
    we have already had this girl who can't die/did die whatever before
    srsly moffat make some coherrant, original stories

ReputationRep:
    On the bright side, Clara is gone.
    But every silver lining has a cloud- and next week looks like a really rubbish episode

ReputationRep:
    Wow, they actually did it. No soppy ending.

Just a shame the Doctor never went genocidal, i'd love to see a highly emotional butchering from him.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It's a shame that Asheildr won't become the new companion because I think that would've worked really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Wow, they actually did it. No soppy ending.

Just a shame the Doctor never went genocidal, i'd love to see a highly emotional butchering from him.
    This!

I was so afraid they'd make the whole episode when she left about her leaving. This was exactly the way I wanted her to go.

Also, I was seriously unimpressed - I watched a little bit of graham norton last night, and Peter Capaldi was on it, and he said that it was the end of the road for Clara. It's so ridiculous when they put massive spoilers like that in unexpected places

I don't think we saw enough about next week to know how it's going to be, so I'll reserve judgement until then.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.