Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    The 'unhype' probably has to do with the fact that he is French more than anything. I'm not one of those who thinks that makes a difference though and it really does annoy me when the football world insists that Wenger only buys French players. Cant name a player other than Giroud who is French in our squad.

Never seen him play but how bad can it be considering we got him free?
    Koscielny?!

Sagna?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Koscielny?!

Sagna?!
    Diaby
    Coquelin
    Squillaci

and from French league
    Gervinho
    Chamakh
    Park

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Diaby
    Coquelin
    Squillaci

and from French league
    Gervinho
    Chamakh
    Park
    I think the bit I bolded is important. Recently we have still been stereotyped because we buy from Ligue 1 as opposed to because we French players in particular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    coquelin, kos, sagna, diaby
    Youre right there Completely forgot about the more experienced French players! Although my point still stands- those that don't think Sanogo is a good buy do so mainly because of his nationality.

ReputationRep:
    Never seen him play but how bad can it be considering we got him free?
    We must never forget Marouane Chamakh. Though Sanogo won't be on hilarious wages like the gelled one.

ReputationRep:
    Youre right there Completely forgot about the more experienced French players! Although my point still stands- those that don't think Sanogo is a good buy do so mainly because of his nationality.
    The main problem with Sanogo is that he has a worse injury record than Diaby. I'm not getting into any hype until he proves his fitness.

Anyway, most of these young talented buys never turn out to be good enough. That Bendtner was the cream of the crop out of about 10 young strikers since 2002 says it all. They were all talented but didnt develop at all. Hoping Sanogo turns out differently.

Anyone watch Joel Campbell for Real Betis last season btw? He started 30 odd La LIga games for a team that finished in upper midtable so maybe he's half decent.

ReputationRep:
    When is diaby expected to return? If he wont miss much of the start of the season then I fear wenger wont sign a dm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    When is diaby expected to return? If he wont miss much of the start of the season then I fear wenger wont sign a dm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He' was supposed to start running this month, so by Diaby's standards than'll mean he'll be limping by 2014.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    :lol: Artekkers over Wilshere. I'm in a bliss right now.

Anyways, just realised that Sanogo isn't a 'one for the future' buy, he's going to definitely be a squad player next year with cameos in bone fide matches (aka PL). No way he would've joined us otherwise.
    Sanogo had a good game in the U20 WC against Turkey tonight from what I've read, and scored another goal, I reckon Wenger is going to give him a few games in and around the first team setup if he keeps this form up. He's having a great tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    The main problem with Sanogo is that he has a worse injury record than Diaby. I'm not getting into any hype until he proves his fitness.

Anyway, most of these young talented buys never turn out to be good enough. That Bendtner was the cream of the crop out of about 10 young strikers since 2002 says it all. They were all talented but didnt develop at all. Hoping Sanogo turns out differently.

Anyone watch Joel Campbell for Real Betis last season btw? He started 30 odd La LIga games for a team that finished in upper midtable so maybe he's half decent.
    Yes I agree with the injury issues, it is a big gamble but then again football is riddled with these kind of gambles. The reason we were lucky enough to even get Sanogo is because of his injury troubles at Auxerre. Apparently he was looking like breaking through to the French squad in a couple of years which means he was playing at a fairly good level before the injuries. Hopefully he stays fit enough now to prove his potential at Arsenal rather than another club. Can never say unfortunately, just look at Diaby- its so tempting to keep pursuing with him just cause he could be so good for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megadeath999)
    Sanogo had a good game in the U20 WC against Turkey tonight from what I've read, and scored another goal, I reckon Wenger is going to give him a few games in and around the first team setup if he keeps this form up. He's having a great tournament.
    He was absolutely dire. A total passenger in the game albeit not totally due to his fault as the game was completely played in midfield but he was profligate with the ball and could have been smarter with chances that fell his way. A 6/10 performance at best. Wouldn't say he's having a good tournament either as France haven't lived up to their billing until this game.

And his goal was a typical run at keeper and shoot. Nothing special about it.

ReputationRep:
    The guy scored four goals in one game and still lost. Seems like bad luck tbh. Although he does have yaya in his name so you never know.

expecting -1s for my analysis

ReputationRep:
    ffs how many weeks until the new season starts :bored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    ffs how many weeks until the new season starts :bored:
    My feelings exactly, I feel like cryin wen the football season ends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Lovely stuff! He wasn't as good on the last one, wonder if Arsene can get him up to FM11 standards :daydreaming:
    Him and tomas necid in a counter attacking 4-2-4 was so lethal. :sogood:
    Might go back to my FM11 real sociedad save in fact. Just reminded me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I think a Rooney deal can happen. Gazidis did say we can afford Rooney. Man U are looking to sell and Rooney wants to leave.
    If it was that clear cut and simple.. the deal would of been done by now.

(Original post by Zürich)
    I've only seen bits and pieces of him, but there's been such hype about him amongst journalists and critics that I'm pretty excited to see him feature for us. Seems like he's a player who can come in and do a great job on the left of our attack, so perhaps he'll be able to phase Podolski out over the next couple of seasons if necessary.

ReputationRep:
    It looks well be doing our main transfer business once the season starts. Most probably on the 31st August.

ReputationRep:
    "I would call it a successful transfer window, we haven't sold any of our Captains or key players during this window, so to us, having Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla this season will be like a new signing" - Wenger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    It looks well be doing our main transfer business once the season starts. Most probably on the 31st August.
    3 days into the window and the WOB is out in force calling for Wenger's head. Only the fickle gooners are crying about transfers. Sensible gooners know AW will get it done.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.