Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PGCE 2014 Applications (NOT FOR SPECIFIC INTERVIEW TASK DISCUSSIONS) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Hahaha spooky! :-P I was the girl in group C, in the grey dress.

And I spent ages talking as well and am also hoping that is a positive not a negative!!!! Lol.
    I knew it was you!!!!cos you mentioned being offered a place at derby!i was the guy you worked with!! NO WAY!haha...even spookier now that id get put with you..of all people haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    I knew it was you!!!!cos you mentioned being offered a place at derby!i was the guy you worked with!! NO WAY!haha...even spookier now that id get put with you..of all people haha
    Hahaha that is insane!! Small world eh??

ReputationRep:
    Can track update over the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha that is insane!! Small world eh??
    Very haha! I see you managed to find your way home then!unless you are still on campus using phone internet haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Very haha! I see you managed to find your way home then!unless you are still on campus using phone internet haha
    Hahaha! Yeah...curled up under reception or something. Yeah made it home. No gas explosions. All good. :-P

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha! Yeah...curled up under reception or something. Yeah made it home. No gas explosions. All good. :-P
    Hahaha yeaaaah...my issue was i was nearly late to work cos of traffic!!was well bad!i was the last one to leave haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone heard from Glasgow unì yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Hahaha yeaaaah...my issue was i was nearly late to work cos of traffic!!was well bad!i was the last one to leave haha
    Haha woops!

ReputationRep:
    Haha woops!
    Apparently they still have loads more interviews to do!i asked the interviewer sone questions as i left haha.. what was your interview with her like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnicolexwx)
    I think that will be fine, you still have a few days to prepare which should be okay. I haven't taken my skills tests yet, I've got mine on the 27th and 29th. I don't think it will go against us. I had university exams so would have been a nightmare preparing for those and my uni exams! I attend Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge which hasn't got a very good rep so I wouldn't worry. Just remember they chose us for a reason :-) Yeah if I were you'd I'd stay overnight just to be sure. I have an interview with Oxford Brookes on the 24th and I'm staying overnight. You never know what traffic will be like, etc. What uni are you studying at?
    Ah cool Oh okay, not just me who hasn't done the skills test yet then! Yeah I am going to book somewhere, would be too stressful otherwise I think Oh well done on your Oxford Brookes interview! I haven't heard from either of my other choices yet I am at the University of Bath at the moment - I am doing a bit of a random course though, it's social sciences so a mix of sociology, psychology, politics and education. I would have applied for a PGCE here but they don't do them :'( I've been having a think about interview clothes! Ahh, been two years since I've had an interview so need to buy some new clothes I think. Also... have no idea what to put on the 'personal statement' bit of the college application form - is it just a list of hobbies or should it be continuous prose explaining them and why you do them?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! :-) don't feel quite so nervous now! I was given the 'thinking about thinking' article.
    Oh I have been given the same article! Have you applied for primary or early years. I applied for early years so thought it might be specific to that. It looks quite interesting but I haven't read all of it yet

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh Unconditional from Bath Spa! So shocked as they said it would take two weeks but my interview was on Wednesday and they emailed yesterday! Good luck everyone xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Apparently they still have loads more interviews to do!i asked the interviewer sone questions as i left haha.. what was your interview with her like?
    Oh really? Gosh!! I guess I should have expected that considering how small the group was...

My interview with her was fine. Managed to get a lot of points in and it was pretty informal. Overall I'm happy with how it all went...now just have to wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview next week and one of the things I have to bring is a reference of working with children, my placement school can't give me this in time for my interview, do you think I will be okay if I explain that I can get this at a later date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! :-) don't feel quite so nervous now! I was given the 'thinking about thinking' article.
    No problem that's the one we were all given too, the question they ask is a tad random but it's fine, very doable! Good luck with your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamiic)
    I have an interview next week and one of the things I have to bring is a reference of working with children, my placement school can't give me this in time for my interview, do you think I will be okay if I explain that I can get this at a later date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That'll be ok other people at Durham had that prob too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ST10)
    How important is it to have a national curriculum degree or national curriculum a levels for a primary pgce? I'm considering applying next year but don't have either
    Don't worry too much about that. I don't have a-levels at all and my degree is not a national curriculum subject and I got 2 out of 3 interviews this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucibelleD)
    Can track update over the weekend?

I had a change on track on a Friday night at 9pm! So I think it could definitely change!

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered both Glasgow Uni. and Strathclyde PGDE Primary. I'm undecided on which one to go for. Anyone in a similar boat? Or have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? Gosh!! I guess I should have expected that considering how small the group was...

My interview with her was fine. Managed to get a lot of points in and it was pretty informal. Overall I'm happy with how it all went...now just have to wait and see!
    Yeah yeah...mine just felt like a chat really...i spent ages talking to her about some of the new curriculum and my opinions on it...still quite shocked when the guy said it was 37 places for like 220 interviewees!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.