Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Marca....

Even if it were true, don't we have first dibs for £25m anyway?

Milner either wants more football or a fat new contract. But I'd have him over Arteta in a second.
    Yeah, we get first say on where he goes after Barca or something and something else to do with finance etc etc etc.

He wants more football. Feel it for him though cos he's that good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Alexis Sanchez maybe? Doubt they'd sell plus he'd be expensive.
    Song apparently may be going to Chelsea? Will he willingly come back to Arsenal though, that's the thing.
    I would like to see Song back at Arsenal - he was good when he played for Arsenal.

I reckon they won't sell Sanchez. Who do you think we should sign? I really like Insigne and think he would be good at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    I would like to see Song back at Arsenal - he was a good holding midfielder when he played for Arsenal.

I reckon they won't sell Sanchez. Who do you think we should sign? I really like Insigne and think he would be good at Arsenal.
    Insigne would be a decent option but I think the issue with him is he's tiny!! Could he hack the physicality of the Premier League?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see Song back at Arsenal - he was a good when he played for Arsenal.

Omg! I said insigne a few days back as well when Napoli played Fiorentina. He scored 2 fantastic goals. I think he'll be a great addition..only someone quoted me as to saying that "he is too short for English football" ??

I didn't necessarily agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Insigne would be a decent option but I think the issue with him is he's tiny!! Could he hack the physicality of the Premier League?
    I reckon he's good enough for the Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    Would be so much easier if Fabianski and Sagna were staying.
    Need a back-up GK,
    RB (preferably who can play CB as well),
    CDM to partner Ramsey,
    ST.
    That's all I want, anything else is a bonus. Don't think we need a winger until next summer but obviously I'd take the likes of Sanchez any day.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We'll Ozil did almost

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's exactly what Malevolent said when he quoted me on Insigne.
    Yeah but isn't aguero a bit short? Not to mention the likes of Tevez etc
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Ozil hasn't exactly hacked the premier league's physicality either though..

ReputationRep:
    Omg! I said insigne a few days back as well when Napoli played Fiorentina. He scored 2 fantastic goals. I think he'll be a great addition..only someone quoted me as to saying that "he is too short for English football" ??

I didn't necessarily agree.
    Carzola is only 5 foot 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We'll Ozil did almost

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lool almost!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Carzola is only 5 foot 6.
    Nathan dyer is even smaller...

ReputationRep:
    Lool almost!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol but still Insigne does not need to be tall to thrive in the EPL, and though shorter than Ozil, aint he faster?

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what Malevolent said when he quoted me on Insigne.
    Yeah but isn't aguero a bit short? Not to mention the likes of Tevez etc
    Aguero is 5'8, Tevez 5'8 and those two are built like brick houses, deceptively strong.

Insigne is 5'4, smaller that Modric (5' 9) who everyone doubted if he could cope in the BPL when he initially came to the league because of his stature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    This is our potential line up according to the Daily Star.....
    Are they high?
    No Ramsey or Walcott :rofl:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aguero is 5'8, Tevez 5'8 and those two are built like brick houses, deceptively strong.

Insigne is 5'4, smaller that Modric (5' 9) who everyone doubted if he could cope in the BPL when he initially came to the league because of his stature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tevez is basically a lion.

But I don't think isigne would be too bad though!

ReputationRep:
    FFS why didnt we sign Ntep.

'French Soccer Player Stops On A Wide-Open Breakaway, Scores The Most Obnoxious Goal Possible'

He's such a tease how he posted on IG with tickets to London on deadline day :unimpressed:

Can see him coming here but what would happen to Sanogo? Loan to Everton?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we get first say on where he goes after Barca or something and something else to do with finance etc etc etc.

He wants more football. Feel it for him though cos he's that good.
    He's coming off a season where he's made his highest ever appearances and averages far more games at barca than arsenal and also has the highest appearances of any barca midfielder......you do talk some rubbish

ReputationRep:
    No, we need more than 2 or 3 players, we are already light on numbers in some positions.

Sagna is off so we need a replacement, 1.

Fabianski as we'll, 2.

Another CB especially if Vermaelen goes. We were incredibly lucky this season with our CBs not being injured for a lengthy time, 3.

Flamini & Arteta are not good enough to be our holding midfilders. Both ageing and games are just passing Arteta by, 4.

We need a proper almost old school left winger with pace and trickery. The reason it's been so difficult the second half of the season is because we lacked the pace to get in behind, 5.

I world class striker to take Olivier's place in the starting XI, and if not, someone who is good enough to rotate with Giroud without it having too much of an impact on the way we play, 6.

So a new GK, RB, CB, DM, LW & ST of a standard either similar to what we already have or above said quality in certain positions are required at the bare minimum if we are to push on in the league and CL.

The lack of a quality striker didn't stop us from winning the league but rather the lack of depth in other positions that showed once our starters were injured.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Overhauling a team in one season will lead to it's collapse - look at totennham.

Flamini is good enough in my view, we just need a quality CB, mert/koscielny and gibbs are class. We need a replacement for Sagna.

We need one quality striker, and a quality replacement for arteta.

Max of tree players should be brought in this window for a 1-2 seasons

ReputationRep:
    So Van gaal is official now

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.