Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anyone applied for ppe at st catherines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PollaPulchra197)
    Yeah it's quite nice, we have socials at our local rugby club where people get drunk and dance for an evening. The social side can be bad when you want to concentrate on work though 😂
    I can imagine! Oh well, grass is always greener

(Original post by mazzaion)
    yeah I didn't find anything too... I'm now sort of hoping they're doing the subjects in alphabetical order
    Fingers crossed :-)

(Original post by Caitlan)
    Yeah, for 2015 entry mine came through on the 20th of November and a friend of mine's email came through on the 23rd/24th
    Oh okay - do you mean a rejection or invitation for interview on the 20th? I guess there is no point worrying for now but it's hard to just forget about it I did my admissions test way over a month ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatimzarzar)
    Hello everyone ,
    I am an international student too from France applying to Oxford (PPE) Worcester college .
    I received the same email yesterday.
    The only difference is that they don't call me for an interview but :
    "Dear Candidate I understand that you are resident outside the EEA and therefore might not be able to come to Oxford for interview if you are shortlisted. Please can you let me know by Friday 13 November whether you will be able or unable to come to Oxford for interview in December if shortlisted. If you are not able to attend for an interview this will not impact on the consideration of your application. If you are unable to attend in person, then the College may wish to interview you via Skype. Please see the following web link for more information"
    A person said on this forum , we won't hear from them before 23 of November.
    So I don't know if for PPE students it's different, because they have many applications.
    I'm a French international student as well!
    This mail is not an invitation to an interview.
    You basically have to reply to the e-mail (to the address they gave you in it) and tell them wether or not you are willing to go to Oxford and if not you have to tell them that you would rather have a skype interview.
    I had to send this email before the 10th of November (and a friend of mine that applied to PPE had to the same as well).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applying2skool)
    I did! At Magdalen How about you?
    Wait aren't you the one that applied to Law and French Law at King's as well?
    We already talked on an another thread ahahahaha
    I applied to St Catz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anelisesg)
    I'm a French international student as well!
    This mail is not an invitation to an interview.
    You basically have to reply to the e-mail (to the address they gave you in it) and tell them wether or not you are willing to go to Oxford and if not you have to tell them that you would rather have a skype interview.
    I had to send this email before the 10th of November (and a friend of mine that applied to PPE had to the same as well).

Hey,
    I know this email isn't an invitation for an interview , Aha . I sent the answer this morning .The visa takes 10 days to be ready.
    For which course did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Medicine, and no, I'm from Scotland
    I'm guessing you're international? Where from?
    I'm applying for medicine at st hughs too! Finally I've found someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatimzarzar;[url="tel:60587295")
    60587295[/url]]Hey,
    I know this email isn't an invitation for an interview , Aha . I sent the answer this morning .The visa takes 10 days to be ready.
    For which course did you apply?
    I applied for law with French law at St Catz
    If you use your French passport isn't quicker ? (I'm British as well so I don't really know how it works )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anelisesg)
    I applied for law with French law at St Catz
    If you use your French passport isn't quicker ? (I'm British as well so I don't really know how it works )

Well, it is quicker when you have a French nationality aha , I live in France and I am Moroccan so my passport is from morocco . Aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    I'm applying for medicine at st hughs too! Finally I've found someone
    Judging from you're name, I was wondering if you're Greek?
    I am and I also live in Athens!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview for Biochemistry. First preference college was St John's, but been reallocated to St Catz for interviews. Just got the email todat.

ReputationRep:
    Do they send us an email if we are not shortlisted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxyfrost)
    I've got an interview for Biochemistry. First preference college was St John's, but been reallocated to St Catz for interviews. Just got the email todat.
    That's amazing, congrats!!!! So does that mean that from this point onwards St Johns will no longer consider your application? If other colleges want to interview you (other than St Catz) will you be notified by email before going up to Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    That's amazing, congrats!!!! So does that mean that from this point onwards St Johns will no longer consider your application? If other colleges want to interview you (other than St Catz) will you be notified by email before going up to Oxford?
    As a reapplicant, I can tell you that it means, that St John's indeed will no longer consider this application. As for other colleges, you find out once you arrive Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amoicavalli)
    As a reapplicant, I can tell you that it means, that St John's indeed will no longer consider this application. As for other colleges, you find out once you arrive Hope this helps
    Thanks for the quick reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Seeing that only 21 people applied for French and Linguistics last year made me a bit calmer
    Where did you find that information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowflake39)
    Where did you find that information?
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-...ergraduate2014

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LevCrofts)
    Hey! God willing I'll see you at interview then!
    What A-levels or equiv are you doing?
    I'm applying for Oriental Studies at St John's too! Have you heard anything about interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reenie.stp)
    I'm applying for Oriental Studies at St John's too! Have you heard anything about interviews yet?
    Im also an orietal studies applicant although I'm applying at Hertford for Chinese after I got my written work receipt email, it was reaffirmed that interviews will go out no later than one week before te interview dates - for us, those dates are 9-11th December, so interviews will be sent out no later than 2nd December and probably start being handed out in the next week I haven't seen any Oriental applicants getting interviews yet so it'll be soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivoryfall)
    Im also an orietal studies applicant although I'm applying at Hertford for Chinese after I got my written work receipt email, it was reaffirmed that interviews will go out no later than one week before te interview dates - for us, those dates are 9-11th December, so interviews will be sent out no later than 2nd December and probably start being handed out in the next week I haven't seen any Oriental applicants getting interviews yet so it'll be soon!
    Hertford is a really nice college! Are you going to take Korean or Japanese in your third and fourth years? I'm intending to take Chinese in my 3/4 years alongside Japanese At St John's we have to arrive at the college for Oriental Studies on the 7th of December, so for us applying to St John's it would appear a little earlier than at Hertford. Good luck and let me know if you get an interview. Do you have any idea as to what to expect in the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reenie.stp)
    Sorry to butt in, but was trying to work out if I know you, hahah. Are you from the UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.