Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Nice!! When will you be arriving there?
    I don't know yet, probably the 15th. And you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elanor96)
    I don't know yet, probably the 15th. And you?
    Around the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victrbelle)
    Do you think LSE will still consider my offer if I have missed the English requirement (IELTS) by 0.5 in Speaking section, though? The School asks for 7.0 in each component with 7.0 overall, but I've only got L8.5, R8.0, W7.5, S6.5

Help, please
    I very much that anyone on here will be able to answer your question. Your case will be dealt with the Admissions Tutor for your course and will no doubt depend on things like how popular the course is, how many people are on the reserve list, how many other people missed their offer and all kind of things like that.
    In saying that, I do hope that they look on you in a favourable light and that they allow you in. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Mans just here inni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    I very much that anyone on here will be able to answer your question. Your case will be dealt with the Admissions Tutor for your course and will no doubt depend on things like how popular the course is, how many people are on the reserve list, how many other people missed their offer and all kind of things like that.
    In saying that, I do hope that they look on you in a favourable light and that they allow you in. Best of luck.
    I know some people that were accepted last year despite not having enough score in IELTS. I'd say depends on your course, other people who miss their offers and the total number of offers they gave, but in general don't lose hope because I know at least 3 or 4 people who missed their offers and still got in (some of them missed IELTS and some of them secondary school examinations).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ananv12)
    Any of you thinking of going to this party?https://next.fatsoma.com/the-big-fre...breaker-london
    yeah PM me so I don't forget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsexam2013)
    anyone get the lse survey email?
    Probably everyone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsexam2013)
    on friday morning?
    Don't know if everyone got it on Friday morning - that's when I got it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victrbelle)
    Do you think LSE will still consider my offer if I have missed the English requirement (IELTS) by 0.5 in Speaking section, though? The School asks for 7.0 in each component with 7.0 overall, but I've only got L8.5, R8.0, W7.5, S6.5

Help, please
    Im having the same problem

Are you an international student requiring tier 4 student visa by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eloo)
    I know some people that were accepted last year despite not having enough score in IELTS. I'd say depends on your course, other people who miss their offers and the total number of offers they gave, but in general don't lose hope because I know at least 3 or 4 people who missed their offers and still got in (some of them missed IELTS and some of them secondary school examinations).
    Do you know if they have a student visa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yjeslee)
    Do you know if they have a student visa?
    They don't need one as they are from the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Is three A2 subjects enough to compete for a place in LSE? (ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE / FINANCE)I had 4a's in AS for Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I had dropped Biology for now and my A2 forecast is 3A*. Will my subject combination be a major disadvantage to me? I don't have much great stuff to write in my personal statement though.Because seems like most of the guys here have four if not five A2 subjects. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You do not need 4 as most taking four have taken Maths and Further Maths and they regard Maths and FM as one

ReputationRep:
    I did 4 AS - Maths, Further/Pure Maths, Physics & Biology and I dropped Biology to carry on with just 3 at A2. If you can show that you have a real passion for doing your course then you could be okay.
    However, there is no magic formula that you can follow that will ensure you get into LSE. Some people had amazing GCSEs, amazing AS's and A2 predictions as well as benefiting from a costly private education that gave them loads of extra curricular stuff but their PS was not deemed as strong as others and they did not get the offer.

ReputationRep:
    i made it in LSE ECON YESS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    What grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
    LSE here I come.

Got called to my College early so the group with the top results could have their photos taken, so I had my grades at just after 8am.
    A*
    A*
    A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    LSE here I come.

Got called to my College early so the group with the top results could have their photos taken, so I had my grades at just after 8am.
    A*
    A*
    A
    Congratulations!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    Sameeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Sameeee
    Well done mate. See you there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.