Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    That's really reassuring, thanks! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries! If you have any specific concerns or wanna know more about it, you can always PM me

ReputationRep:
    That's really reassuring, thanks! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just to echo TLG, they're definitely on your side. My lady was nice and said I could have a break if I needed and stuff. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    No need to be nervous - the assessors are really nice and helpful! It's not like getting a government disability-based hand-out, where the assessor may be scrutinising you or trying to catch you out.

I spent the whole of my assessment drawing pictures :teehee:

:console: :jumphug: :console: bout your last post

:hugs:
    thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Back in A&E.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    x
    Hey! How're you doing? :hugs:

(Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Yeah, like I just drive round willy nilly and it's kinda boring, like there's no purpose to the journey haha! I also hate driving with other people in the car because I feel like they're judging me, even though they probably aren't :lol:

Aw, you know you can always message me, right? My advice ain't that fab, but I can listen and I know hahaha he doesn't understand that Sheffield and York are in the same country because he wants me to got to the university of England (Sheffield) because it's in this country, he doesn't want me going to another country (York) haha bless him, he doesn't get it yet and hahahahah yano my cousin would so say that as well, he's 4 going on 40 :lol:

I went out and got pretty drunk, which I know isn't good for you, but tbh, I had a really good night so I'm just like screw it haha
    I hate driving with other people too - I mean I'd probably be okay with a friend, but defo not my parents - also I quite like driving cos it's a nice opportunity to be in a metal box and just talk to yourself and ramble and sing out loud

Thanks (You too! :hugs:) They're like the same county even, aren't they? :lol: Poor Laura's cousin :console: That's so cute though My friend told me yesterday that my cousin was correct in this assessment of me at that time

Glad you had a really good night then
    How are you now? Sorry to see mum's being irritating :console:

(Original post by Deyesy)
    Well it's over now and it was the way he came across which caused people to get upset. No problem with it getting binned now. Pretty sure they have to have a control group but the control group doesn't know they're the control group? It's all very unethical :')
    Yeah Really odd - that's sort of what Dallas Buyers Club was about! (if you watched it? (was good :yep:))
    I realised a couple days ago that I didn't properly reply to the rest of your other reply!
    Started back today then? Hope everything went okay - Everyone's quite anxious about new friends sort of too, to start with - in that no one knows anyone, and everyone's looking for friends/people to hang with?
    Hope it goes well :hugs:
    I'm up and down a lot, though last couple of days have been up! :woo:

(Original post by luno)
    x
    Hey Luno! Hope you're doing okay :hugs: Been up to much? :jumphug:

Finished my 6 month internship today. I did it! :king1: Can't remember how many days off I had but I am confident they'll give a good reference.

Thanks to all of you for cheering me on and keeping me company online during working hours (not that I've been on TSR during working hours :nah: :ninja: :ahee: ) :grouphugs:
    :woo: Well done!

(Original post by .snowflake.)
    The beginning bit of Up makes me jump - everyone else finds it hilarious that it does. And the bit where his wife dies makes me cry...
    That whole start bit is so sad Music for it is amazing. (Thinking about it I should probably get on ipod )
    Moved back into Uni? Hope everything's gone okay

(Original post by Meaty_man)
    There's something comforting about an overcast, grey sky, maybe something about neutrality. Facial hair has got to the cactus stage, and it's driving me nuts x_x Currently feel neither here nor there, i prefer this over feeling like death though.

So hard to stay positive when your head thinks everything is wrong >_>
    I need to shave soon New house doesn't have a socket though - need to get an adapter
    I like overcast sort of too - mostly that I don't really like it sunny/too warm I think

Sorry you're not being great at the moment Hope it improves soon :console:

(Original post by Porridge510)
    Oh.
    I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope you're feeling better soon. My boyfriend has to go to university soon and I have to go home, back to my old rubbish life. :sad:

He might not be able to take his car, cos all permits are gone. people taken them. Messes things up even more seeing as hes 3 hours away. :'(

Me too! I'm like yes ill buy it *add to bag* no i cant. *move to saved items* What kind of tournament?
    I'm currently on an up mostly I think - so generally good Just got to keep busy sort of, though not yet sure how to keep that up properly.
    :console: Have you been to where he's moving into? I'm sure it'll be better than you think - though I appreciate that it must be tough seeing him go when you've had lots of summer with him

That sucks Could you get the train or something to see him? Though a car is a lot nicer/cheaper I suppose I'm sure you can both sort something out somehow

Haha Glad I'm not the only one - I do that exact thing It's for a first person shooter - "Team Fortress 2"? They have 10 matches between now and christmas and there's 4 people on each team (for the tournament we're doing) Should be good fun! Also headset arriving sooner than I thought and post is always good!

How're you? :hugs:

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    feeling crap all day & just fed up with the world.
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Yeah! I am still not good, but yeah, I have the possibility to play! :pika::playball::playball::rambo::dance:
    Hope you have fun with it (Love the smilies :gah:)

(Original post by Riku)
    Third day in a run of just sitting around on TSR. Not sure whether I should have returned.

Also I have joined TSR's Take Me Out for some reason beyond me…someone seems to think a younger member has a crush on me
    Can you just leave it? :dontknow: (the take me out)
    I often find the internet sort of addictive/can often find myself just sat here - particularly over summer. I'm afraid I don't have much advice to counter it I'd say if you try and set aside a time each night to reply to peeps or something (Maybe what I do :hide:)
    Maybe not the best advice
    Hope you're doing okay though

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    x
    I always go down the foreign food aisle/see the american bit and always want to try it all :drool: Also is snapple any good actually? They have it in costcutter

(Original post by Cinnie)
    getting manic
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I have work tomorrow

oh please try again in 12 seconds
    Probably too late (well, it is I guess ), but thought I'd send hugs - I hope work went okay

(Original post by james1211)
    Ugh. So my recent surgery has just started to heal and lose the pain, and now it feels like someone has yanked my jaw off and is driving a foot long masonry drill into my left ear :'( excruciating. Can't even take any more codeine or ill become addicted.
    Eurgh I'm guessing normal pain killers/para's aren't doing much for it? :/
    Hope it stops soon - do you think it's because of the surgery? Sounds as though the re-surgery went okay otherwise?

Edit: Just seen your post Really hope they sort things out fine.

(Original post by PandaWho)
    No there letters.
    And since i passed my GCSE maths, i have never once needed letters to work out a maths problem. In fact i dont think iv needed hardly anything in my life maths related.
    For some reason they keep asking me to do more letters-y maths problems :sad: :ninja:

We have an essay this year though :unimpressed: :afraid:

Sorry, anyway :getmecoat:

(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    x
    Could you just make another tumblr blog/not tell them about it? I think you can keep the same account/have multiple blog things? :dontknow:
    Not a horrible person at all :hugs:

(Original post by senz72)
    I'm such a total screw up. I don't deserve this.
    You're really not! :hugs: Are you back to Uni yet? Hope moving in goes okay and stuff.

There's a wolf in my flat! :eek:
    :eek: (:hi:)

(Original post by furryface12)
    x
    Hey Hope you're doing okay :hugs:

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    feeling extremely wobbly/weird/fragile. bleeeeeeeeeugh. life seems even harder than normal recently.
    :jumphug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I was going to say earlier, and I know this doesn't necessarily cover your friend/she should still reply - but I guess was just wanting to say that sometimes it can be sort of difficult knowing what to say I think? :dontknow: That's what my friend's told me before, anyway when she's semi-ignored me - I think it's definitely better if they'd just say *something* - because not saying anything doesn't help at all

I realise this might not cover her at all, but I guess if it does - then it doesn't mean they don't care about you :hugs:

Hope that that makes sense :hugs:

DSA news update:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2879465
    Thanks for the update TLG

Glad it doesn't affect me just yet

Wellbeing/student support lady said she'd help with my app once I've seen GP on Tuesday (got to somehow sneak out for before-10am appointment without flatmate(s) knowing. Or I can I suppose just say I have a doctor's appointment :dontknow: )
    But should be helpful I think/was nice of her to offer Haven't a clue if I'd be eligible at all tbh

I didn't realise there was an assessment :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)

Spoiler:
    Show
    I was going to say earlier, and I know this doesn't necessarily cover your friend/she should still reply - but I guess was just wanting to say that sometimes it can be sort of difficult knowing what to say I think? :dontknow: That's what my friend's told me before, anyway when she's semi-ignored me - I think it's definitely better if they'd just say *something* - because not saying anything doesn't help at all

I realise this might not cover her at all, but I guess if it does - then it doesn't mean they don't care about you :hugs:

Thanks. I guess. I dunno I think that's a bit of a crap excuse though. If someone discloses something like that to you then you don't just not reply Even if you reply just to say that you don't know what to say :dontknow: How are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! How're you doing? :hugs:

I hate driving with other people too - I mean I'd probably be okay with a friend, but defo not my parents - also I quite like driving cos it's a nice opportunity to be in a metal box and just talk to yourself and ramble and sing out loud

Thanks (You too! :hugs:) They're like the same county even, aren't they? :lol: Poor Laura's cousin :console: That's so cute though My friend told me yesterday that my cousin was correct in this assessment of me at that time

Glad you had a really good night then
    How are you now? Sorry to see mum's being irritating :console:

Yeah Really odd - that's sort of what Dallas Buyers Club was about! (if you watched it? (was good :yep:))
    I realised a couple days ago that I didn't properly reply to the rest of your other reply!
    Started back today then? Hope everything went okay - Everyone's quite anxious about new friends sort of too, to start with - in that no one knows anyone, and everyone's looking for friends/people to hang with?
    Hope it goes well :hugs:
    I'm up and down a lot, though last couple of days have been up! :woo:

Hey Luno! Hope you're doing okay :hugs: Been up to much? :jumphug:

:woo: Well done!

That whole start bit is so sad Music for it is amazing. (Thinking about it I should probably get on ipod )
    Moved back into Uni? Hope everything's gone okay

I need to shave soon New house doesn't have a socket though - need to get an adapter
    I like overcast sort of too - mostly that I don't really like it sunny/too warm I think

Sorry you're not being great at the moment Hope it improves soon :console:

I'm currently on an up mostly I think - so generally good Just got to keep busy sort of, though not yet sure how to keep that up properly.
    :console: Have you been to where he's moving into? I'm sure it'll be better than you think - though I appreciate that it must be tough seeing him go when you've had lots of summer with him

That sucks Could you get the train or something to see him? Though a car is a lot nicer/cheaper I suppose I'm sure you can both sort something out somehow

Haha Glad I'm not the only one - I do that exact thing It's for a first person shooter - "Team Fortress 2"? They have 10 matches between now and christmas and there's 4 people on each team (for the tournament we're doing) Should be good fun! Also headset arriving sooner than I thought and post is always good!

How're you? :hugs:

Hope you have fun with it (Love the smilies :gah:)

Can you just leave it? :dontknow: (the take me out)
    I often find the internet sort of addictive/can often find myself just sat here - particularly over summer. I'm afraid I don't have much advice to counter it I'd say if you try and set aside a time each night to reply to peeps or something (Maybe what I do :hide:)
    Maybe not the best advice
    Hope you're doing okay though

I always go down the foreign food aisle/see the american bit and always want to try it all :drool: Also is snapple any good actually? They have it in costcutter

Probably too late (well, it is I guess ), but thought I'd send hugs - I hope work went okay

Eurgh I'm guessing normal pain killers/para's aren't doing much for it? :/
    Hope it stops soon - do you think it's because of the surgery? Sounds as though the re-surgery went okay otherwise?

Edit: Just seen your post Really hope they sort things out fine.

For some reason they keep asking me to do more letters-y maths problems :sad: :ninja:

We have an essay this year though :unimpressed: :afraid:

Sorry, anyway :getmecoat:

Could you just make another tumblr blog/not tell them about it? I think you can keep the same account/have multiple blog things? :dontknow:
    Not a horrible person at all :hugs:

You're really not! :hugs: Are you back to Uni yet? Hope moving in goes okay and stuff.

:eek: (:hi:)

Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks for the update TLG

Wellbeing/student support lady said she'd help with my app once I've seen GP on Tuesday (got to somehow sneak out for before-10am appointment without flatmate(s) knowing. Or I can I suppose just say I have a doctor's appointment :dontknow: )
    But should be helpful I think/was nice of her to offer Haven't a clue if I'd be eligible at all tbh

Yeah it's excruciating. Won't be out of here till at least 2am too. Really sick of medical stuff atm just want to be normal again and be able to enjoy my days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does anyone know what MH conditions you get allowed DLA in uni for?

I have BPD and Depression so i don't know if it's worth me applying for it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's excruciating. Won't be out of here till at least 2am too. Really sick of medical stuff atm just want to be normal again and be able to enjoy my days.
    I take it they couldn't do anything for you when you rang up? Are you starting to regret the operation yet? how are you other than that? :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone know what MH conditions you get allowed DLA in uni for?

I have BPD and Depression so i don't know if it's worth me applying for it
    Do you mean DSA? If yes, BPD and depression are definitely valid reasons to apply.

ReputationRep:
    Im done in i cant do this anymore :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes you can hun I promise :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    I cant do this I cant. I reallyy cant. :cry2:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: we'll sort things out when you wake up okay, it will be okay!

(Original post by tasha96)
    I cant do this I cant. I reallyy cant. :cry2:
    :hugs: yes you can! what's up?

ReputationRep:
    Socks are not meant to have to work this early

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, although I really have to work on several things to get better. But being actually in the middle of all, is amazing.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Back in A&E.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :jumphug: Hope you're OK

Yep there's an assessment by a needs assessor but they're very nice and trained to deal with a variety of different people. No need to worry! :hugs: See my earlier post to Socky :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I technically start Uni tomorrow, yet I'm really calm about it and have been cracking jokes thus far today. I feel as if I should just go in being myself with an added emphasis and see what happens. I'll probably freak out tonight and be all worried that people will hate me and all the rest of it tonight though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    :hi: I'm alright thanks, well MH-wise I am anyway! Ended up in A&E yesterday after an asthma attack but by the time I actually saw anyone useful I was ok, so they commented on the fact that I wasn't wheezing (I don't), told me that chest pain isn't part of an asthma attack (it can be) and decided I had something completely different altogether :confused: Oh and then I got home and had another one

How are you? How's uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I technically start Uni tomorrow, yet I'm really calm about it and have been cracking jokes thus far today. I feel as if I should just go in being myself with an added emphasis and see what happens. I'll probably freak out tonight and be all worried that people will hate me and all the rest of it tonight though
    Yay! Make the most of it while you can But if you go on like that they won' have any choice but to like you :nope:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.