The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Are you calling Hayles one of those people then? :tongue:

I think there's a difference between offering an insightful analysis of the game, instead of just whining and crying about it and getting in to fights.

Whenever Liverpool lose a match, I don't really want to be involved in that environment for a while - I seldom watch the highlights or post match interviews, and I'd definitely not want to be interviewed after the game.

All in all, I can imagine that losing at home on the opening day is bloody infuriating but I don't see this as anything but a one-off for Arsenal (and Chelsea while we're talking about it).
Not gonna lie, it's bloody entertaining though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know I've never met hayles in real life so she may well be a **** haha. She likes to pretend she's an ITK on the united thread so she is half way there already :wink: (inb4 fots shired).

I expect it to be a one off, but you really can't tell this season.

People talking **** about Ox annoys me (you know who you are), guy was by far or best player yesterday yet is going to "end up at palace in 2 years". If that's based off yesterday then I'd hate to think where the rest of our team is heading....

Same with Giroud tbh, the scapegoating is real. The reason we lost yesterday was because Kosc played poorly and Cech made 2 errors
Anyone thinks Danny Murphy's analysis of this match was spot on or just another failed attempt at punditry?
Original post by leinad2012
I don't know I've never met hayles in real life so she may well be a **** haha. She likes to pretend she's an ITK on the united thread so she is half way there already :wink: (inb4 fots shired).

I expect it to be a one off, but you really can't tell this season.

People talking **** about Ox annoys me (you know who you are), guy was by far or best player yesterday yet is going to "end up at palace in 2 years". If that's based off yesterday then I'd hate to think where the rest of our team is heading....

Same with Giroud tbh, the scapegoating is real. The reason we lost yesterday was because Kosc played poorly and Cech made 2 errors

Thought you were being serious until I read the end of the paragraph :wink:

No you can't, and when the league Ida's competitive as this, you can barely afford blips like this.
I don't expect Liverpool to make top 4 but the fact is that after 1 game you're 3 points behind.
A long long way to go, but that's how it is so you can't afford many more mess ups like that.

AOC was easily your most effective player - I don't understand the criticism honestly.

Giroud is honestly one of the most odd players I've ever watched. He'll give the ball away multiple times, take horrible touches for most of the match, and then randomly create a chance out of nothing like a world class striker.
You literally don't know whether you're gonna laugh at him or be amazed by him at any random point in a game.

I would hope for your sake that it was just nerves regarding Cech.
Both were very uncharacteristic errors that we haven't really seen from him over his career.
Would be a real shame to see him falter at Arsenal...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
All of the fans on the YouTube TV channels deserve to be lined up and executed anyway.

They're a ridiculous brand of knobhead, ruining perceptions of clubs from all over the country and seemingly becoming the face of the supporters. For any serious fan discussion, you're better off listening to some of the awesome podcasts on offer from neutrals and certain clubs' fanbases.

FullTimeDevils ain't bad
Original post by sr90
FullTimeDevils ain't bad

Nothing beats Forward the Hamlet. The only fan based podcast which opens up with one of our oldest fans calling us the swaggering dandies to a 90s club tune.

Football channels shouldn't really exist, and I think quite a few of the Away supporters dont like it themselves. Robbie tried doing a bit about a friendly with Borehamwood last year and the Arsenal group decided to boo the whole time he was talking.
Original post by sr90
FullTimeDevils ain't bad

Andy Tate. Personification of a FullTimeBellend.

Man should get tested tbf, might have some mental handicap benefits he's missing out on... (Completely srs)
That water bottle gets me ffs
Original post by leinad2012
Andy Tate. Personification of a FullTimeBellend.

Man should get tested tbf, might have some mental handicap benefits he's missing out on... (Completely srs)

Andy Tate does actually speak a lot of sense tbh. People only pay attention to the ''Moyseh'' rants.
How the hell can anyone say we don't need a striker?

We won't win anything with Giroud and Walcott - nothing! I don't care what anyone says, Giroud is at best a bench player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tony_LeaS
Football channels shouldn't really exist, and I think quite a few of the Away supporters dont like it themselves. Robbie tried doing a bit about a friendly with Borehamwood last year and the Arsenal group decided to boo the whole time he was talking.

The same people who booed Wenger away at Stoke???

Generally these days the Arsenal fan base loves a good cry and moan. The older heads tend to stay away from it. It annoys me how Robbie is making money off these reactions. I wish I had capitalised on it first
Original post by sr90
FullTimeDevils ain't bad

Original post by Tony_LeaS
Nothing beats Forward the Hamlet. The only fan based podcast which opens up with one of our oldest fans calling us the swaggering dandies to a 90s club tune.

Anfield Wrap is great for Liverpool fans, and there's some great analysis and discussion on AnfieldIndex too.

The Football Ramble isn't anywhere near what it used to be, unfortunately. I'm quite a fan of The Times' The Game podcast now, though. It rivals Football Weekly.
Did anyone see that ludicrous display last night?
Original post by The Shed End
Did anyone see that ludicrous display last night?

What was Walcott thinking?
Original post by Mackay
All of the fans on the YouTube TV channels deserve to be lined up and executed anyway.

They're a ridiculous brand of knobhead, ruining perceptions of clubs from all over the country and seemingly becoming the face of the supporters. For any serious fan discussion, you're better off listening to some of the awesome podcasts on offer from neutrals and certain clubs' fanbases.

To be honest the only Football fan base channels I like are BlueMoonRisingTV and ChelseaFanTV and maybe FullTimeDevils.
The problem with Arsenal is they always try and walk it in
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439206650.096290.jpg
Funny AF guys:

Original post by Depleted
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439206650.096290.jpg

Nice, so he was planning to have Ozil in his back pocket since 2013.
Original post by Dirtybit
Funny AF guys:

Nice, so he was planning to have Ozil in his back pocket since 2013.

He probably is now desperate for Arsenal to buy Benzema...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reece Oxford wasn't even born when Arsenal won the double in 1998

Ffs now I feel old
What the **** is this ****

Arsenal fans are a unique bunch

Latest