This discussion is closed.
Devious Hat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
the rooms are the same size, the only exception is the twin rooms

it means you'll be in block A floor 02 (i.e. 2 down from the walkway level) room 5
Nice one! So what's the best place to be in the Ziggs nearest to central campus and high or low?

I can't wait to get there ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Devious Hat)
Nice one! So what's the best place to be in the Ziggs nearest to central campus and high or low?

I can't wait to get there ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd probably say closer to the walkway level (0) the better- just a pain when moving in and out, I was fortunate in the fact I was 2 seconds walk away from the BIO building and 30 seconds from central campus- block C01
bethdavies79
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by blue_stripes)
Yeah I've just accepted En Suite Village too!
Just accepted my offer to the Student Village too! Whereabouts are you guys?
Devious Hat
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd probably say closer to the walkway level (0) the better- just a pain when moving in and out, I was fortunate in the fact I was 2 seconds walk away from the BIO building and 30 seconds from central campus- block C01
Yeah I'd agree with that! So is the ground floor accommodation floor 05? I'm heading to the bio block for my lessons but I'm in block A so the furthest away! :- ( can't really complain though still way closer than most uni accommodation! :- )

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I'd agree with that! So is the ground floor accommodation floor 05? I'm heading to the bio block for my lessons but I'm in block A so the furthest away! :- ( can't really complain though still way closer than most uni accommodation! :- )

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's the one just below street level- you won't get a fan in your room but you will be able to open your windows completely.

you'll only have labs in the BIO building, maybe the occasional seminar- most of your lectures will be in the lecture theatres around campus- primarily the main ones and in TPSC and JSC
Devious Hat
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it's the one just below street level- you won't get a fan in your room but you will be able to open your windows completely.

you'll only have labs in the BIO building, maybe the occasional seminar- most of your lectures will be in the lecture theatres around campus- primarily the main ones and in TPSC and JSC
Okay great thanks for the info! How hot do these rooms get? And if your in a room that doesn't get to open their window fully eg floor 3 can you find a way to open it fully? ;- ) I don't intent to jump out I just find the idea that you can't open your window annoying given how everyone says the Ziggs get really hot and all :- o

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Okay great thanks for the info! How hot do these rooms get? And if your in a room that doesn't get to open their window fully eg floor 3 can you find a way to open it fully? ;- ) I don't intent to jump out I just find the idea that you can't open your window annoying given how everyone says the Ziggs get really hot and all :- o

Posted from TSR Mobile
they do get hot- if your window doesn't open completely then you have a fan. I don't think I turned mine off all year but I'd recommend opening the windows first opportunity and turning down the radiators when you move in!
blue_stripes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bethdavies79)
Just accepted my offer to the Student Village too! Whereabouts are you guys?
I think mine is Courtyard A?
bethdavies79
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by blue_stripes)
I think mine is Courtyard A?
No way, I'm Courtyard A too
blue_stripes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bethdavies79)
No way, I'm Courtyard A too
3rd floor?
Laura57
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what time are the emails sent out each day? still waiting for mine
French_115
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by esmeb56)
Hey could you explain the codes to us? Is block A at top or bottom, also the numbers after the codes, which one determines the flat and room number etc? I've just been given my offer and want to know where that puts me in the Norfolk Terrace. Thanks !
Do the codes for the Student village work in the same way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by French_115)
Do the codes for the Student village work in the same way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure, I didn't have many friends that lived in the village in my first year
sarahl13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Laura57)
what time are the emails sent out each day? still waiting for mine
Usually early morning, I got mine about 9 this morning and the people yesterday were quite similar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laura57
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
just got my offer now! got the ziggurats, my first choice so really happy
anyone know what NTC0110 means? (I'm guesssing NT means Norfolk Terrace, what do the numbers stand for?)
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
just got my offer now! got the ziggurats, my first choice so really happy
anyone know what NTC0110 means? (I'm guesssing NT means Norfolk Terrace, what do the numbers stand for?)
You're in my old flat!

you're in block C floor 01, room 10
Laura57
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're in my old flat!

you're in block C floor 01, room 10
Thank you!! So is that second from the top? I want a good view :P
Also is there one flat per floor or more? Xx
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you!! So is that second from the top? I want a good view :P
Also is there one flat per floor or more? Xx
it is! and it is one flat per floor

look after my old flat- my room was 03
Laura57
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it is! and it is one flat per floor

look after my old flat- my room was 03
I'll try look after it
you don't happen to know how far room 10 is from the kitchen and toilets do you? I'm guessing further away is quiter :P
also, obviously people are gonna be hella drunk but how often do people actually puke in the toilets? That's a really weird quesiton i know but I have emetohobia and usually have panic attacks if i know someone's been sick :/
dyslexicvegie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hay is there anyone who has lived/had a look round Peston House?

Any idea of the bedroom sizes etc?

Just I have herd that the on-suit flats are quite different depending on which house you are in.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads