Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant match between Betis and Zaragoza.

Ended 4-3 and Betis are now top of the league.

ReputationRep:
    Javier Zanetti has played 757 games in 16 years and Ranieri will be his 17th coach whilst at Inter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Javier Zanetti has played 757 games in 16 years and Ranieri will be his 17th coach whilst at Inter!
    He also witnessed Inter lose all 3 games played against Schalke during his career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    I will accept that draw to be honest.. we were absolutely rubbish in the first half, Porto could have had at least one more goal if it wasnt for that superb save by Artur..

I was surprised by our start when we scored really early even though it was mostly Nolito single-handedly forcing that chance for Cardozo.. but I was also disappointed we let Porto take the lead again so quickly.

Our second goal was excellent. Amazing pass by Saviola. And good work from Cardozo to keep the ball in our possession.

It was funny how every Porto person started to talk about how Cardozo had hit Fucile, when not much really happened that I could see..
    Vitor Pereira or Kleber didn't say anything about it in the interview after the game, but I think they went inside and Pinto must have told everyone to start talking about that "aggression"..

They forgot about the headbutt (or attempted headbutt) that Hulk threw at Maxi. If it was the other way round, you can bet your life that Hulk would have thrown himself to the floor and everyone would be circling the ref.. Hulk was lucky that Maxi didn't want to play dirty..

*Sighhh*

:cool::cool::cool: Top of the League :cool::cool::cool:

ReputationRep:

Has anyone seen this?..disgustingly good skill for that goal!

ReputationRep:
    WHAT A GOAL BY MESSI! :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    WHAT A GOAL BY MESSI! :adore:
    I wasnt expecting him to move to the right like he did!..

Considering the rain the quality of play has been great!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Messi's second goal was good!

ReputationRep:
    hattrick Messi and Hattrick Ronaldo!

ReputationRep:
    Spanish football needs to sort it self out and stop Real and Barca doing their own tv deals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    I will accept that draw to be honest.. we were absolutely rubbish in the first half, Porto could have had at least one more goal if it wasnt for that superb save by Artur..

I was surprised by our start when we scored really early even though it was mostly Nolito single-handedly forcing that chance for Cardozo.. but I was also disappointed we let Porto take the lead again so quickly.

Our second goal was excellent. Amazing pass by Saviola. And good work from Cardozo to keep the ball in our possession.

It was funny how every Porto person started to talk about how Cardozo had hit Fucile, when not much really happened that I could see..
    Vitor Pereira or Kleber didn't say anything about it in the interview after the game, but I think they went inside and Pinto must have told everyone to start talking about that "aggression"..

They forgot about the headbutt (or attempted headbutt) that Hulk threw at Maxi. If it was the other way round, you can bet your life that Hulk would have thrown himself to the floor and everyone would be circling the ref.. Hulk was lucky that Maxi didn't want to play dirty..

*Sighhh*

:cool::cool::cool: Top of the League :cool::cool::cool:
    Benfica were awful in the first half, we really should have gone into ht winning 2-0 or something. I think getting the early goal in 2nd half really helped you, you obviously needed HT to arrive and to come back out for the 2nd half and scoring within 2 minutes i think really helped pick you up. And Fucile should have really scored that chance, it was a great save but he hit it right at Artur.

It looked like nothing. Fucile actually had a **** game. I've been praising him lately but yesterday he was poor. Bad decision making, kept going down easily, pointless shots.. back to the reason why he was never one of my favourite players in a blue and white top.

And that was just plain funny. After that they went away with arms around each other and laughing. Idiots.

I don't really know what to make of that game, a bit mixed, i feel we deserved more out of it but i should really be happy with a point too.

Anyway, CL again.. although it's in our favour with them having no Bruno, i'm actually pretty gutted. I really wanted to see him against us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Spanish football needs to sort it self out and stop Real and Barca doing their own tv deals.
    Agree 10000000000000000000% its ridiculous..but you know they will never do so

A piece on interesting young keepers in Europe on the Guardian.

ReputationRep:
    Inter are leading CSKA 1-0 in Russia. Lucio with a deflected effort after 5 mins. Sneijder is out for Inter....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Anyway, CL again.. although it's in our favour with them having no Bruno, i'm actually pretty gutted. I really wanted to see him against us.
    Hmmmm... a win is a win, I guess. Three points was the objective and I'm happy we got them. I'd have prefered a better score, but Otelul really didn't make our lives easy with their constant defending..

It seems Basel can score goals for fun.. two against Otelul and now three against Man Utd! A bit scared about facing them in the next match now. Especially since they'll have Xherdan Shaqiri back in the team (I THINK he was suspended for the first two game... unless I'm mistaken..).

Now then, its Porto's turn to bring back some UEFA points for Portugal..

What on earth happened last night?! :lolwut: Seems we had a crazy night of CL football. And to think I went to bed at half-time. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    What on earth happened last night?! :lolwut: Seems we had a crazy night of CL football. And to think I went to bed at half-time. :emo:
    I missed all the games! I was at football training. :mad: The Man U second half was crazy, I was getting updates and was just dumbfounded. But of course they pulled it back.

As for Man City, where to begin?

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    Found something saying it's a two match ban, but nothing about why or if this is the first match of that ban.... I do wish they'd do more background info on the BBC and Sky, tbh. Shaqiri is a massive player for Basle yet it's barely mentioned. :sigh:
    Sorry, I forgot to reply to this: I completely agree, it's ridiculous how most of the English-language media sources seem to give almost no focus to some of the smaller teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    Hmmmm... a win is a win, I guess. Three points was the objective and I'm happy we got them. I'd have prefered a better score, but Otelul really didn't make our lives easy with their constant defending..

It seems Basel can score goals for fun.. two against Otelul and now three against Man Utd! A bit scared about facing them in the next match now. Especially since they'll have Xherdan Shaqiri back in the team (I THINK he was suspended for the first two game... unless I'm mistaken..).

Now then, its Porto's turn to bring back some UEFA points for Portugal..
    I didn't watch it, too busy watching Wrexham.. should have stayed home and watched you guys though. :rolleyes: Utd and Basel..what a crazy scoreline! LIke you said they've got the goals in them, interesting match.

That was rubbish! Fucile started the first 4 or so games well, then the game against Benfica i saw the old ****ty him creeping in and then today..oh dear!!! What an idiot. He is really the main reason to why we lost! As soon as they came out for the 2nd half they were all attack on us and it was only a matter of time before they stuck the ball in the back of the net. It keeps being said but we really lack a proper striker! When Kleber got injured things got moved around but we only really have Walter as a "proper" striker but obviously VP doesn't really like him! However Shakhtar only earning a point has helped us. Two games in and APOEL top which i don't think people thought would happen. Also, the commentator was absolutely bumming Danny..hahaha really!? Oh Jesus!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.