• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Of course not. :sexface:
    :emog:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I remember a few answers if there are few you're unsure of if you can remember them?
    Grade boundaries will be low anyway, 28-30 would be an A*.
    I can't really remember any specific questions but I'm not that worried. I hope the grade boundaries are something like that because I think I'll have done well then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MdTahmid)
    Anyone here done AQA Geography A?
    (Original post by Benathletics)
    I have! What did you think of it?
    Me too! (Sorry to gatecrash the party)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Would you say being that straightforward sounds polite enough not o annoy people? I suppose "I'd rather not say" or something like that could work...

I just don't want to sound impolite or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think anyone should have a problem with it and if they do then they need to mind their own business, they're your grades; don't feel bad but yes of course your suggestion is more polite

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decerto)
    That still makes it sound like you want to disclose them because you have done badly.
    Whatever you it will make you sound like you are hiding your results a bit but it sounds much better than "I'd rather not say" and it sounds posher because in other contexts it would be a very professional thing to say.Maybe it would be better jsut to say"I want to keep things confidential".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    What have people got in their science modules so far??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In Core Science I got an A*(366/400) overall:
    Physics-A(84)
    Chemistry-A*(96)
    Biology-A(86)
    ISA-A*(100)
    In Additional Science I have got so far:
    Physics-A*(90)
    Chemistry-A*(91)
    ISA-A*(100) - unless it gets moderated down the current mark is 44/50 and 100 UMS is 43.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    you'll see people on twitter and other social networking sites saying 'as levels are harder than gcse's' - yeah that's obvious but it does depend what a levels you pick.If you pick the traditional subjects e.g maths,chem,bio etc you'll have to raise your game a lot.I worked my arse off for 5 months last year and aimed for ABBB+ this year.Instead i got BCDD.I was gutted,but it can be turned around next year.If there is one simple piece of advice I'd give to all of you - whatever you get at GCSE,can be changed at AS and whatever you get at AS can be changed at A2! Good luck guys
    Sorry I didn't reply to this until now XD.

Yeah that's where I guess I'm going to fail since I took maths, bio, chem and physics XD. I'm so worried about trying hard and still not ending up with anything that'll get me into uni or something.
    I have a feeling this year I'm going to have no life (not that I had much of one anyway) with just trying to make sure I get good grades D: hopefully maybe it's not as horrifying as everyone is making it sound out to be ;u;.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    In Core Science I got an A*(366/400) overall:
    Physics-A(84)
    Chemistry-A*(96)
    Biology-A(86)
    ISA-A*(100)
    In Additional Science I have got so far:
    Physics-A*(90)
    Chemistry-A*(91)
    ISA-A*(100) - unless it gets moderated down the current mark is 44/50 and 100 UMS is 43.
    I hope AQA individual sciences are 43 for 100 IMS :awesome: :crossedf: I got 44 44 and 45

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mário)
    Why does the wait have to get more and more unbearable the closer it gets?
    As the results day gets closer its still feeling as if its so far away because time is passing that slowly-I had been thinking to myself about how close it would feel when we get to this point and the grade boundaries are just over 2 days away and it still feels absolutely ages away but on the plus side, today has felt like a very quick day unlike every other day in the past 2 weeks ,its probably only because I woke up at 3pm though

I also have jsut realised this is my 6,000 post, after 2 years and 2 months bar 2 days on thestudentroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    My dad thinks A-Levels are a walk in the park (born in the era of O-Levels.)
    I've got them to agree with me doing Chem, English Lit, Maths (E+ M=influenced by them, but Im fairly good at them)
    They want me to do Biology and possibly Physics
    But I want to do History as I enjoy it- they do not see it as an A-Level worth having as in their opinion it is not respected enough

Haha at least they agreed....on some :/ If you pick History, then I'm doing three the same. Those are really good and varied choices too. Biology/physics are good but so is History. I hope you get to do your choices ..good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mascot of NI)
    I can't really remember any specific questions but I'm not that worried. I hope the grade boundaries are something like that because I think I'll have done well then.
    I'm hoping the examiner is kind with my writings! I got full marks in the orals so I'm hoping for something similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    As the results day gets closer its still feeling as if its so far away because time is passing that slowly-I had been thinking to myself about how close it would feel when we get to this point and the grade boundaries are just over 2 days away and it still feels absolutely ages away but on the plus side, today has felt like a very quick day unlike every other day in the past 2 weeks ,its probably only because I woke up at 3pm though

I also have jsut realised this is my 6,000 post, after 2 years and 2 months bar 2 days on thestudentroom.
    And let's hope for 6,000 more...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone Know what the Grade Boundaries for Edexcel Additional Science Biology will be like?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, if a person gets average gcse results but really good As/A level results. Any chance to get in LSE, Imperial or Warwick. I am Freaking nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newstudent2013)
    Anyone Know what the Grade Boundaries for Edexcel Additional Science Biology will be like?
    No-one knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKrA97)
    Haha at least they agreed....on some :/ If you pick History, then I'm doing three the same. Those are really good and varied choices too. Biology/physics are good but so is History. I hope you get to do your choices ..good luck
    Oooh! What 3 A-Levels are we both doing?
    And thanks- Thursday's creeping closer as every second ticks by. So in a matter of days I'll let you know what happens and vice versa if you'd like to share
    PM me if I forget (this is not unusual for me )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousuf5465)
    Guys, if a person gets average gcse results but really good As/A level results. Any chance to get in LSE, Imperial or Warwick. I am Freaking nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's possible to get in to Oxbridge with average GCSE results but you would have to make up for your poor GCSE results either with outstanding results and high UMS or a very good interview or both. I have no doubt that it will be the same for all of the other top unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MdTahmid)
    Anyone here done AQA Geography A?
    Yes I did both the physical and human papers in June

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosemarie7000)
    It varies. My school, for some silly reason, opens for results at 10am whilst most schools open at 9am.
    Oh okay. Thank you .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly648)
    Yes I did both the physical and human papers in June
    Same here! How did you find them? What do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like this year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.