ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I'm sure I did at some point.
    No
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I'd certainly be interested in debate, and through that learning, I have my opinions but I'm still learning lots and finding my place with everything. I'd certainly be interested in joining, and you guys here seemed the natural choice, and Ray, if I may call you that, has cleared up a lot and made the party seem appealing to me.

And well lets share the praise about the avatar, best solution
    Haha, yeah the MHoC is great for learning more about politics and economics. I've definitely learnt a lot.

You may of course call me Ray, it's that or RA.

If you would like to join the party we have a private sub-forum (as do all MHoC parties) which you can apply to join by following the link in my signature and selecting TSR Labour. It'll take a short while to grant access but once that's done you'll be a member!

ReputationRep:
    I'd certainly be interested in debate, and through that learning, I have my opinions but I'm still learning lots and finding my place with everything. I'd certainly be interested in joining, and you guys here seemed the natural choice, and Ray, if I may call you that, has cleared up a lot and made the party seem appealing to me.

And well lets share the praise about the avatar, best solution
    Yeah, i'm sure you'd like our views.

Thats probably the best solution.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by United1892)
    No
    I suppose

Still took him about 2 weeks.
    Well its very nice.

ReputationRep:
    Well its very nice.
    As is yours.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    As is yours.
    Thank you, though I've had it for ages - I might change soon for another historic Labour Party figure.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thank you, though I've had it for ages - I might change soon for another historic Labour Party figure.
    Keir Hardie perhaps? But I like Atlee nonetheless, very fitting.

How do you feel about me having Cameron on mine xD

ReputationRep:
    If we do historical labour figures I might have to switch to Tony Benn when I start reading his diaries. Although as mentioned I am rather taken with this current one
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If we do historical labour figures I might have to switch to Tony Benn when I start reading his diaries. Although as mentioned I am rather taken with this current one
    You like Tony Benn?

I like you

ReputationRep:
    I was practically raised to like Tony Benn, I have his, I think, last two sets of diaries next to my bed to read after I finish Chavs by Owen Jones

ReputationRep:
    I think i might bring in a labour figure to mine albeit one of the lesser known ones.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I was practically raised to like Tony Benn, I have his, I think, last two sets of diaries next to my bed to read after I finish Chavs by Owen Jones
    I'll have to read them.

Chavs is brilliant, I think it was his first book. The establishment is another brilliant book, no doubt you've heard of it/read it.

If you're into that sort of thing, I'd highly recommend Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell, probably my favourite book.

At the moment I'm currently reading a book called Young Stalin, not that I'm a Stalinist, I'm the opposite actually. But it's a good book.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think i might bring in a labour figure to mine albeit one of the lesser known ones.
    How about Dennis Skinner? Not that unknown, granted, but a good potential avatar nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    She... Saoirce is a girl
    I wouldn't bother. Apparently Rakas can't bring himself to acknowledge my gender that because on the right, respect for the individual and support for their freedoms doesn't extend to those they don't like, quelle surprise

(Original post by James Milibanter)
    I shall do!

Here's the thing though, I'm not thirsty or single or straight but why do I find you hot despite not knowing what you look like?
    ... So I'm now being hit on by a taken, definitely not horny, gay/bi/pan guy? This is new Sounds like someone had a very happy birthday though!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    ... So I'm now being hit on by a taken, definitely not horny, gay/bi/pan guy? This is new Sounds like someone had a very happy birthday though!
    Well I wish I could tell you what was going on in my head at the time I said that, but I honestly can't. Yet it's out here in the open and everyone can now see how mental I can be.

I was plastered Saoirse, it was mental, I started at 6:30 by downing half a bottle of sambuca.

ReputationRep:
    Read the establishment, and now reading chavs, which is his first book yeah.

As for Dennis Skinner, the Beast of Bolsover would be a fine avatar. And I'll certainly check out that Orwell book, great fan of Orwell.

As for Stalin, he is an interesting polticial figure, not in that I agree with his ideas, but for that period in history in general, lots happening, and it was all so recent really

ReputationRep:
    Well I wish I could tell you what was going on in my head at the time I said that, but I honestly can't. Yet it's out here in the open and everyone can now see how mental I can be.

I was plastered Saoirse, it was mental, I started at 6:30 by downing half a bottle of sambuca.
    Such is the internet haha, at least it's TSR and not Facebook with people you know in real life or anything Well, they say to start as you mean to go on!

ReputationRep:
    How about Dennis Skinner? Not that unknown, granted, but a good potential avatar nonetheless.
    I think I'll go for an older figure. Skinner is a great man thiugh.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Such is the internet haha, at least it's TSR and not Facebook with people you know in real life or anything Well, they say to start as you mean to go on!
    You don't even wanna know the state of my facebook after last night......

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.