Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMurray88)
    I had a change on track on a Friday night at 9pm! So I think it could definitely change!
    He he! This means my compulsive checking shall continue over the weekend then lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    Does anybody know how many times we can reschedule the skills test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think there is a limit on how many times you can reschedule? As long as you do it 24 hours before you're due to sit the test you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Yeah yeah...mine just felt like a chat really...i spent ages talking to her about some of the new curriculum and my opinions on it...still quite shocked when the guy said it was 37 places for like 220 interviewees!!
    I know!! It's not a lot of places at all really ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahowho)
    I have been offered both Glasgow Uni. and Strathclyde PGDE Primary. I'm undecided on which one to go for. Anyone in a similar boat? Or have any advice?
    Same! I've picked Glasgow because of the Masters credits (it's only optional at Strathy), it's an RG uni and it's gorgeous

I have heard that Strathclyde are a bit more organised than Glasgow, but I personally didn't get a good vibe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahowho)
    I have been offered both Glasgow Uni. and Strathclyde PGDE Primary. I'm undecided on which one to go for. Anyone in a similar boat? Or have any advice?
    IF I get an offer from Nottingham Trent, I will be deciding between there and Derby. Derby has always been my first choice but I really enjoyed my Trent interview which has left me thinking a bit more about it!! If faced with the decision, I will end up writing down positives and negatives for each and weigh them up. I may also go back to the campuses again if I can and get more of a feel for them.
    I would have a look at the course, location, staff, masters credits, ofsted and everything YOU want from the course and see which comes out top!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnicolexwx)
    I think that will be fine, you still have a few days to prepare which should be okay. I haven't taken my skills tests yet, I've got mine on the 27th and 29th. I don't think it will go against us. I had university exams so would have been a nightmare preparing for those and my uni exams! I attend Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge which hasn't got a very good rep so I wouldn't worry. Just remember they chose us for a reason :-) Yeah if I were you'd I'd stay overnight just to be sure. I have an interview with Oxford Brookes on the 24th and I'm staying overnight. You never know what traffic will be like, etc. What uni are you studying at?
    Hi, I was just wondering what PGCE in Oxford Brookes do you have an interview for? I have applied for the post compulsory in ICT/CS and haven't heard anything back from them at all. I have an interview for Edgehill and Reading in February but Oxford B are my first choice.
    Has anybody else received an interview invite with them for the post compulsory?
    Thanks for any feedback

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Does anyone know how many PGCE primary 3-7 places they have. I have my interview on Monday and very scared as it is my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry forgot to put the uni. Bath Spa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I know!! It's not a lot of places at all really ...
    Yeah!i knew it was competitive but when he said that i was literally like...oh no haha :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Don't worry. Realistically you would be fine with two days of prep, even one if you were desperate. Depends what you need to do but I've always felt fine with two days.
    Thanks, that makes me feel a little better x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumpadaisy)
    Don't worry too much about that. I don't have a-levels at all and my degree is not a national curriculum subject and I got 2 out of 3 interviews this year.
    Thank you for the info Has made me feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm26)
    Sorry forgot to put the uni. Bath Spa
    They said there was about 350 overall, so that's quite a lot. Don't worry too much - it's all very friendly! Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiebath12)
    They said there was about 350 overall, so that's quite a lot. Don't worry too much - it's all very friendly! Good luck! x
    Congrats on your place! Is bath your first choice and have you accepted the place? I'm still waiting to hear the results of my interviews with my other two choices so haven't accepted my place yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleyyy)
    How long after you applied did you get your interview request? I have had nothing but a 'Thanks for applying' email...

Also, has anyone heard anything back from Wolverhampton Uni? They requested more information about my work experience but nothing else since...

Same here.just asked some info about work experience... Still waiting....

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a newbie on the forum. I only managed to send my UCAS application last monday after waiting, what seemed like an eternity, for my second referee. Now it's a waiting game. Has anyone heard from Plymouth Uni for Primary, or Devon Primary SCITT Training Group? I have also applied to a school direct place.

Congratulations to all of you with offers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, has anyone had to do a science GCSE equivalency test at all?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had a Newcastle interview yet for primary Pgce? I'm a bit unsure as to what they want us to do for the 5 min teaching episode :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbstractAlex)
    Thank you I will I've looked at other universities that have asked for the same thing and the feedback from them all seemed to be that they just wanted to look at your teaching ability so I guess we teach the audience we have. xx
    Hi! I had my interview at BG lincoln on Friday just gone, so glad it's done with! I feel like it went ok and I kept calm and collected and tried to stand out. How did yours go? Have u heard yet? I just want to know as soon as whatever the answer is?
    X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucibelleD)
    Anyone had a Newcastle interview yet for primary Pgce? I'm a bit unsure as to what they want us to do for the 5 min teaching episode :-/
    I've got mine on Thursday. Really nervous about the teaching episode! Not quite sure what it's all about really! Have to get through an interview on Tuesday first, then another one on Friday too. Eventful week then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Finished all my interviews! Now the waiting game!
    Have you heard from North Tyneside yet? I've got my interview on Tuesday. Just wondering how long they'll take to get back to me after. Well done on your other offers btw.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.