Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Eastbourne Town fans celebrating a 1-0 win against Eastbourne Utd

Image isn't working

http://imgur.com/YkMmUT6
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Millwall absolutely battered a Southend side who, prior to kick off, were a mere point off the play-offs in League One. Heck of a win for Neil Harris away from home. 4-0.

ReputationRep:
    Cracking win for Bolton. They're still going down, but cracking none the less.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Cracking win for Bolton. They're still going down, but cracking none the less.
    Couldn't be a much better day for them, given the confirmation that their players will be paid tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    He's at it again.

Oh Massimo.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...rebar_facebook
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That Sergi Canos goal for Brentford was a delight. My favourite finish of the weekend, but Reading boasted a great team move at the other end too.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Cellino banning Sky TV cameras from the ground. Much as I dislike Sky the ban should be on Mr Cellino instead.

ReputationRep:
    foolhttp://bit.ly/1mGdbG8

ReputationRep:
    *Leeds start finding form*

*Massimo pipes up with more lunacy because he isn't the centre of attention*

*Players, staff and manager become unsettled*

*Leeds lose form*

ReputationRep:
    Absolutley ****e performance from Bradford we had played well untill yesterday, that performance was truly poor, I really dont know why Hanson is still the main striker he has no drive and needs to be dropped. If PP doesnt get us promoted this season he needs to go aswell. Had a decent run before that. Oh if we do go up PP tactics arent going to work I dont know wtf the board cant see this. !.

What does anyone else think of Bradford performance so far ? Playoffs in site but dont see it happening
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Legally Leeds cannot ban the sky cameras

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    The legality of a situation hasn't stopped him doing something before.

Anyway, it appears it was just a scare tactic and to prove a point. Sky are coming in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Absolutley ****e performance from Bradford we had played well untill yesterday, that performance was truly poor, I really dont know why Hanson is still the main striker he has no drive and needs to be dropped. If PP doesnt get us promoted this season he needs to go aswell. Had a decent run before that. Oh if we do go up PP tactics arent going to work I dont know wtf the board cant see this. !.

What does anyone else think of Bradford performance so far ? Playoffs in site but dont see it happening
    Bradford looked fairly decent at the Proact the other week, certainly not automatic promotion contenders as I had you down at the start of the season but I certainly think you can challenge for the play offs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    Bradford looked fairly decent at the Proact the other week, certainly not automatic promotion contenders as I had you down at the start of the season but I certainly think you can challenge for the play offs.
    Really !? How come you had us down as automatic promotion initially ? Tbh its not the manager PP is good however its the quality in the players, like when we had Nahki Wells were on fire, its the same when we have decent Championship player ie Adam Reach.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sheffield United will be investigating reports that their fans got involved in some racist chanting at Bramall Lane, apparently.

Horrible if true - but there's idiots in every fanbase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Mr Cellino should face a disrepute charge regardless, for his plan to ban the cameras in the first place. And Ken Bates should be banned from football too, as he is partly the architect of the current problems at Leeds.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Mr Cellino should face a disrepute charge regardless, for his plan to ban the cameras in the first place. And Ken Bates should be banned from football too, as he is partly the architect of the current problems at Leeds.
    Suspect he will be hearing more about this even though Sky did get into Elland Road in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Really !? How come you had us down as automatic promotion initially ? Tbh its not the manager PP is good however its the quality in the players, like when we had Nahki Wells were on fire, its the same when we have decent Championship player ie Adam Reach.
    Signings like Marshall, McMahon, Davies, Anderson, James, etc looked fairly decent, plus when I made my prediction I think there was still time for more signings which may have been possibly with the supposed increased budget and (although it may have little effect) the 16k+ crowds you're getting this season.

Looking forward to the final day of the season at Valley Parade actually,hopefully a nothing game for us though. Visited 15 grounds last season and VP had the best atmosphere and that was a Tuesday night probably at little over half capacity so I know we'd bottle it in front of potentially 20k fans in a relegation decider:laugh:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anybody read Living on a Volcano by Michael Calvin? Fascinating look at the lives of Football League managers, where the typical reign lasts a mere 8 months. Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Anybody read Living on a Volcano by Michael Calvin? Fascinating look at the lives of Football League managers, where the typical reign lasts a mere 8 months. Shocking.
    No but I will now Not big into football books but Soccernomics won me over.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.