Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Its only been the first game and I think this could be REALLY good..
    Missed the first games, has the DelPo forehand got going yet?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I am full of anticipation for the coming women's final. Germany has the chance to win a gold medal since 1992 when Steffi Graf did it the last time.*
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Missed the first games, has the DelPo forehand got going yet?
    Absolutely, crushed one at the end of a 20+(well it seemed that long) stroke rally to get the break in the first game!

ReputationRep:
    Watching them both it's hard to believe that either of them has been having a hard time of it of late. This match so far could have easily been another of their 2013 matches when both were on it.

Another good thing missed is that this makes the US Open in a few weeks that bit more appetizing since it previously looked like another clear Murray vs Djokovic final.

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro a break up in the second.

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro far too cautious on the backhand (plays it like a Fed return of serve where the aim is just to keep the ball in play) but the serve, forehand and movement all seem very good and as you were.

Nadal not as aggressive as he should be but playing very well.

Can't wait for the US Open after tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    One set all!

ReputationRep:
    Damned tennis is going to make me miss the Velodrome! What a game though, improved as its gone along too.

One thing to add also is that the judge is actually the Asian looking guy from Queens and Wimbledon. Must be a great honor for him.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal broken!!!! Del Potro serves for the match!!!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nadal broken!!!! Del Potro serves for the match!!!!!
    And Nadal breaks to love! The passing shot at the end... like the good old days
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Holy f*** those break points were tense.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Tie Break!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Why del potro couldnt serve like that before i dont know...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    delpo wins! Rakas21 That truly was an amazing match!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    although i must say i wanted nadal to clinch it
    At least He'll probably clinch the bronze..

ReputationRep:
    I am not ashamed to say that I will be rooting for Del Potro in the final. The fact that Murray and I happen to be compatriots is just not enough for me. There is nothing about him as a tennis player or a person that could motivate me to support him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    I am not ashamed to say that I will be rooting for Del Potro in the final. The fact that Murray and I happen to be compatriots is just not enough for me. There is nothing about him as a tennis player or a person that could motivate me to support him.
    What a match! Agreed, as a fan of the game as a whole i'll be supporting the player who makes my draw drop over my millionth second cousin.

Del Potro or Nadal for the US Open?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    delpo wins! Rakas21 That truly was an amazing match!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    although i must say i wanted nadal to clinch it
    At least He'll probably clinch the bronze..
    Can't say Nadal will be sad at gold and bronze i suspect.

ReputationRep:
    What a match! Agreed, as a fan of the game as a whole i'll be supporting the player who makes my draw drop over my millionth second cousin.

Del Potro or Nadal for the US Open?
    To be honest, if it was anyone else I'd probably just be neutral but with the way he (Del Potro) plays and his problem with injuries it is difficult not to support him.

For the US Open I think Delpo has a better chance than Nadal. Didn't get to see the whole match but Nadal looked very beatable from what I saw. I'd still put Murray and Djokovic as joint favourites though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Can't say Nadal will be sad at gold and bronze i suspect.
    Very true lol, I'm just quite a big nadal fan

ReputationRep:
    I want Del Potro to win. He's come this far. Sad for Nadal but he has a gold already from the doubles match he played yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Totally agree. The net has more personality than him.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.