Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I technically start Uni tomorrow, yet I'm really calm about it and have been cracking jokes thus far today. I feel as if I should just go in being myself with an added emphasis and see what happens. I'll probably freak out tonight and be all worried that people will hate me and all the rest of it tonight though
    Good luck, Dukey!

As if anyone could hate you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Yay! Make the most of it while you can But if you go on like that they won' have any choice but to like you :nope:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Having lived in the area for 20 years would make me invaluable no? :mmm: I hope people will like me, the last two years has really caused me to have self-doubt about my aibltiy to get people to like me :sad: But I feel that I have to go in with a bang! And be myself in order to at least try and make it easier to do so...if they even want to like me obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Good luck, Dukey!

As if anyone could hate you :hugs:
    Cheers 'Dweller!

Maybe not hate, but probably dislike :sadnod: But the future is not yet written and therefore, I can make it into whatever I want to. If I go in being myself, being polite, presentable and willing to have a laugh, then at least I tried right? :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I technically start Uni tomorrow, yet I'm really calm about it and have been cracking jokes thus far today. I feel as if I should just go in being myself with an added emphasis and see what happens. I'll probably freak out tonight and be all worried that people will hate me and all the rest of it tonight though
    Awww! Good luck for tomorrow, hun! :penguinhug: Nothing to be scared of - remember the majority of people starting with you won't really know anyone either. So you're all in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    I hate driving with other people too - I mean I'd probably be okay with a friend, but defo not my parents - also I quite like driving cos it's a nice opportunity to be in a metal box and just talk to yourself and ramble and sing out loud

Thanks (You too! :hugs:) They're like the same county even, aren't they? :lol: Poor Laura's cousin :console: That's so cute though My friend told me yesterday that my cousin was correct in this assessment of me at that time

Glad you had a really good night then
    How are you now? Sorry to see mum's being irritating :console:
    I've been with my mom a few times and she doesn't say anything bad, but she pulls faces and stuff so I always feel like she's judging me! The problem is that I never have anywhere to go that is long enough to sing for very long

Yeah, they're both in Yorkshire, but maybe a different part of Yorkshire (I took geography a level and I honestly don't have and clue where anything is)! But yeah, he doesn't understand now that I'll be back in November. He's been longer without seeing me before, but he's older now, and he's been warned about it so I think that's made it worse :lol: bless him it's probably best to be a little less economical this year then

Haha I'm okay thanks, got lots to do today...tidy my room, which is the biggest tip you've ever seen, and start to think about what I need to pack. I've made a list, but I feel like I've forgotten something -.- hope you're doing well :')

ReputationRep:
    Grr my head feels scrambled too much go remember periods of going in and out focus/spaced out feeling. I think today I need to write a to do lIst of what's gotta be done today and then stick to it.

IT key skills must be completed and sent
    Child psychology must be completed and sent
    Social work practice must be planned and completed drafts

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Having lived in the area for 20 years would make me invaluable no? :mmm: I hope people will like me, the last two years has really caused me to have self-doubt about my aibltiy to get people to like me :sad: But I feel that I have to go in with a bang! And be myself in order to at least try and make it easier to do so...if they even want to like me obviously
    It will! :yep: Well we all like you, which is definitely a good indicator But being yourself is definitely a good idea, it does kind of depend if they want to like you but someone is sure to, and more likely a lot of people Goood luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Cheers 'Dweller!

Maybe not hate, but probably dislike :sadnod: But the future is not yet written and therefore, I can make it into whatever I want to. If I go in being myself, being polite, presentable and willing to have a laugh, then at least I tried right? :hugs:

I doubt they'll dislike you either :hugs: Just be yourself and talk to people, and I'm sure lots of people will like you :3

ReputationRep:
    :hi: I'm alright thanks, well MH-wise I am anyway! Ended up in A&E yesterday after an asthma attack but by the time I actually saw anyone useful I was ok, so they commented on the fact that I wasn't wheezing (I don't), told me that chest pain isn't part of an asthma attack (it can be) and decided I had something completely different altogether :confused: Oh and then I got home and had another one

How are you? How's uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    medicine at its best :rolleyes: sounds a bit like the time I felt like I was breathing through a straw for weeks but it was just anxiety. :rolleyes: I've genuinely lost all faith in the medical profession

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Awww! Good luck for tomorrow, hun! :penguinhug: Nothing to be scared of - remember the majority of people starting with you won't really know anyone either. So you're all in the same boat
    Thank you TLG I understand I'm in the same boat as everyone else, it's just that previous experience of me going somewhere new and then feeling isolated and disliked has happened before. I never really got over that (although I'm getting there ) But just know that I'll give it my all :yep: :penguinhug:

It will! :yep: Well we all like you, which is definitely a good indicator But being yourself is definitely a good idea, it does kind of depend if they want to like you but someone is sure to, and more likely a lot of people Goood luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good ol' home Haha, well I'm sorted then I certainly like you (and the rest of MHSS too), so the feeling is mutual We'll see, there's still the other part of me that is really excited about the prospect of doing something new and the memories (good or bad) that'll it produce I just haven't been paying attention to that side as much as I should Thank you! You're so kind, much love and may happiness be with you always :hugs:

(Original post by shadowdweller)

I doubt they'll dislike you either :hugs: Just be yourself and talk to people, and I'm sure lots of people will like you :3
    I'll try, that I can promise you :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    medicine at its best :rolleyes: sounds a bit like the time I felt like I was breathing through a straw for weeks but it was just anxiety. :rolleyes: I've genuinely lost all faith in the medical profession
    Exactly! To be fair what he said made sense, he just didn't listen to a word I said and did nothing to actually help me... Apparently ibuprofen's meant to help, but it triggers my (and several other people I know's) asthma so that's really going to make a difference :rolleyes:

How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thank you TLG I understand I'm in the same boat as everyone else, it's just that previous experience of me going somewhere new and then feeling isolated and disliked has happened before. I never really got over that (although I'm getting there ) But just know that I'll give it my all :yep: :penguinhug:

Good ol' home Haha, well I'm sorted then I certainly like you (and the rest of MHSS too), so the feeling is mutual We'll see, there's still the other part of me that is really excited about the prospect of doing something new and the memories (good or bad) that'll it produce I just haven't been paying attention to that side as much as I should Thank you! You're so kind, much love and may happiness be with you always :hugs:

Thank you They'll be good memories I hope, or at least most of them will be :yep: Yeah, that's easy done though, kind of also the nature of anxiety I guess You too :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! To be fair what he said made sense, he just didn't listen to a word I said and did nothing to actually help me... Apparently ibuprofen's meant to help, but it triggers my (and several other people I know's) asthma so that's really going to make a difference :rolleyes:

How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh great :facepalm: sorry to hear all that, really sounds like a nightmare

I'm not good at all tbh :facepalm: barely slept and just cannot face the world right now. got so much to sort out today as well how are you doing atm? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    just spent the last hour creating a giant long tumblr post explaining what a free university counselling service is, why i found it beneficial and then links to almost 100 UK universities counselling services. phew. at least now i know how to find student wellbeing on almost any uni website
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    That sounds good :hugs: Let me know how it goes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I take it they couldn't do anything for you when you rang up? Are you starting to regret the operation yet? how are you other than that? :')
    This was for something else this time :') I rang up and they said it was as it should be, so that was relieving, but I went in for an ear infection that felt like a masonry drill going through my ear and it took four hours to be seen to!

I'm not regretting it, as it's too early to tell. I had to have something done anyway as it wasn't right the way it was, it's just so frustrating being a cripple while it heals

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :jumphug: Hope you're OK
    I'm in pain but it'll pass in time. Least I was given a prescription medication for it that seems to be working! Only took four hours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    just spent the last hour creating a giant long tumblr post explaining what a free university counselling service is, why i found it beneficial and then links to almost 100 UK universities counselling services. phew. at least now i know how to find student wellbeing on almost any uni website
    If you're ever interested in generating some content for us let one of us know

ReputationRep:
    Hate my brain some times. Supposed to be having work people over tonight for some drinking and one of them text this morning pulling out. I get that he has anxiety issues and other stuff going on but just have a little nagging voice telling me it's my fault and I've done something wrong. Plus I'm now way more anxious that no one will show up and it'll just be me and my boss which would be awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Oh great :facepalm: sorry to hear all that, really sounds like a nightmare

I'm not good at all tbh :facepalm: barely slept and just cannot face the world right now. got so much to sort out today as well how are you doing atm? :hugs:
    Not good then Can what you need to sort out wait a bit or does it have to be done now? Did your friend ever come back to you? :hugs:

I'm alrightish, very variable but right now ok so will try and make the most of it while it lasts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    Hate my brain some times. Supposed to be having work people over tonight for some drinking and one of them text this morning pulling out. I get that he has anxiety issues and other stuff going on but just have a little nagging voice telling me it's my fault and I've done something wrong. Plus I'm now way more anxious that no one will show up and it'll just be me and my boss which would be awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lovely, it's not your fault. People pull put for a variety of reasons. Regardless it'll be fine . You'll have fun.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.