Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much everyone. I don't think I am going to be able to break my addiction to checking TSR though. I want to see how everyone does.

So relieved to not have to rest the GAMSAT in March...though as it is already paid for I am sorely temped to resit anyways just to see what I get. But I can relax and enjoy Dublin at least.

I am going to have to really sit down and try and work out how I am going to fund this now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyra1987)
    Offer for Exeter!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats 😉

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Exeter!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations Enjoy Dublin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shassasing)
    Congratulations Enjoy Dublin
    Will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Massive congratulations! I know you've been waiting for this for a while!
    Only about 10 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara Sama)
    I don't think so - mine only knew me for a year but still gave me one 2 and 3 years later. Might be worth calling the universities to make sure though.

(Original post by HanaGEM)
    Not at all, my academic referee only joined the university during my last year
    Thanks for the reply guys, gonna have to work hard to get someone to write me an academic reference, challenge accepted!

Does anyone know a good thread produced for 2017 GEM applicants yet? Can't seem to find a legit one

ReputationRep:
    I had a professional reference not an academic one. I asked a Consultant Anaesthetist I work closely with to write mine. Figured it was better from someone who knows me that a tutor who has emailed me 10 times. But then I don't think Exeter look at the references much. I think the kind of reference you go for should be tailored for the choices you have.

ReputationRep:
    I think the kind of reference you go for should be tailored for the choices you have.
    This is very true, I havent looked elsewhere but I know Warwick specifically asked for academic if youd been in education in the last 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Exeter!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yyyyeeesssssssss!!!! Well done lovely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilverine)
    Yyyyeeesssssssss!!!! Well done lovely.
    Thank you honey. Just sad I won't get to meet you.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you honey. Just sad I won't get to meet you.
    Ahhh you never know, we might go to the same conferences or end up on the same Foundation programme, you know when we're doctors! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    You will be a year ahead! You might be my senior one day.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    Only about 10 years
    congratulations! you must be over the moon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMC18)
    Anyone heard from Birmingham?
    Post interview? No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine1193)
    Post interview? No
    Same here 😖 What date was yours? I'm not feeling overly confident as i don't feel it went well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMC18)
    Same here 😖 What date was yours? I'm not feeling overly confident as i don't feel it went well.
    I was on the Monday 18th. The bottom people have already received rejections so you couldn't of done that bad! I was hoping to hear this week but maybe they are making us wait until March now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine1193)
    I was on the Monday 18th. The bottom people have already received rejections so you couldn't of done that bad! I was hoping to hear this week but maybe they are making us wait until March now
    Oh so there has been some decisions sent out? I assumed we were all still waiting. I was hoping to hear this week too but looks like they're prologing the agony. Good luck anyway 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMC18)
    Oh so there has been some decisions sent out? I assumed we were all still waiting. I was hoping to hear this week too but looks like they're prologing the agony. Good luck anyway 😊
    Yeah those who didn't meet cut off have been rejected so it might be good news then ! Let's just hold thumbs

ReputationRep:
    anybody heard from Newcastle GEM? I think they said we would hear some time in March but just wondering (being impatient)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.