Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Was referring more to the infrastructure in place; brand new 60k stadium, 82k on the season ticket waiting list, excellent training facilities, situated in the heart of London, and good young squad. We really are in the position to push on.

You do realise that initially all I said was that going out in the R16 to Monaco isn’t good enough right? You then got in your feelings and deemed it an attack on your Lord and saviour Arsene Wenger. It wasn’t. It was a critique on the naivety of the team and predictability of the club in the CL.

City are new money, they got it wrong in the beginning but then found a way to make it work. City systematically dismantled the teams above and around them to get in the CL. Everton first; Barry and Lescott were taken and Everton had a hard time. Then us, Kolo, Adepaymor, Clichy, Nasri and eventually they toppled us.
    I do however think their ridiculous spending will catch up with them one day, but luckily for us, we don’t need to spend near enough a billion quid to compete.

Listen little boy, watch how you talk to me with all this spoilt/delusional/moron/smartass stuff. You seem to think it will all be dandy when Arsene Wenger sorts it all out, when he hasn’t been able to for some time now. We have the basis of a good team, he’s in a better position he was 3 years ago, but like I have said, now that our circumstances have changed so should what he is judged on. Others will strengthen where required and so should we. It shouldn’t be about reacting to what other have done, but what we need to do and not being left short in certain positions.

That’s because City are a small club with a big bank, so ultimately, their expectations will be different. City fans are now questioning Pellegrini and wondering if he is the man for the job. They weren’t doing that last season when he won them the league were they? Circumstances change.

What have I said which you deem delusional? I really want to know, suggesting that a club of Arsenal’s size should be doing a bit better than going out of the CL in March and being out of the league title race before X-mas seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Arsene has put himself in that position. He is the face of the club, runs the club from top to bottom, so some of the blame has to be attributed to him, not all but some.

Once again, I didn’t say go and splash £150m in the summer and hope it works out did I. What do you think are the main weaknesses we have in the team?
    Wenger has taken us as far as he can, Simeone or Klopp could probably take this current crop of players we have further than Wenger. Before you say, I know Klopp has had a hard season, but what about all the hard seasons in the past for Wenger? Because he managed to get top 4 means he should be given another chance to prove himself. Top 4 should NOT be the limit of our ambition.

Tom, please don’t tell me what I want. I know what I want. I want to compete. I don’t our season to be over in March. I don’t want the occasional cup and 4th. I want to compete, don’t you ****ing tell me what I want.

You took the ‘perfect’ thing a bit too literal didn’t you? Maybe not perfect, but in a very good and healthy position to seriously kick on. So I guess you think we are just going to stand still right? Stand still, we go backwards, we cannot afford to do that, but we also cannot afford to keep doing the same thing season in, season out.

Well no, like I said, we have the basis of a good squad, hence why I don’t think we need to be spending over £100m with a new manager or that the £50m Wenger has to spend in the summer isn’t that little for what we need to do.

Neglect the fact that I mentioned the league, okay then Tom. CL football isn’t just about how has the best squad, it’s also about who has the best tactics. Chelsea didn’t have the best team in 2012 and they somehow managed to win it, because they knew their strengths and limitations.

In the summer after the season finished, what was everyone saying we needed? A DM, ST and CB. No DM but luck out with Coquelin not being awful, £16m on an average one and a CB in the January window. Was left short in the summer and we got caught out.

Do you? Pretend as much as you want like you were wary of Monaco when the draw was made but pretty much everyone on this thread was jumping for joy when we got them because it was finally a team we should have the beating of, yet we didn’t.

Look at the context please. The landscape has changed and we shouldn’t be concerning ourselves with them.

Such a defeatist attitude. Because you think we can’t compete you are prepared to accept the same failings year after year?

We are never going to agree on this. You seem to think me asking for the team to do a bit better than just finishing in the top 4 and going out of the CL in March is unreasonable.
    Wait, waittt, did you not say earlier that you would not really be impressed by 2nd as a sign of progress (i.e. what I would be happy with this season)? So you want us to win the title essentially this season. Or do you want us to come within a few points? Because that in substance is still...2nd. There is really very little difference in ambition between the two types of 2nd's.

You know what? I am not even going to dignify the quality of your post with a full reply because you are a consistent contradiction throughout your post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Considering Arkasia was the guy that said we should put in a 50m bid for Zlatan I wouldn't take him too seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate, you talk way more **** than Arkasia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Wait, waittt, did you not say earlier that you would not really be impressed by 2nd as a sign of progress (i.e. what I would be happy with this season)? So you want us to win the title essentially this season. Or do you want us to come within a few points? Because that in substance is still...2nd. There is really very little difference in ambition between the two types of 2nd's.

You know what? I am not even going to dignify the quality of your post with a full reply because you are a consistent contradiction throughout your post.
    I said if the points difference is bigger than what is was last season than the perceived progress isn't as straight-forward as a league position change

I can't be arsed with this anymore anyway! You seem to think all will be well and Wenger will sort it out, I'm not so sure.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal fans really are the worst, if this is how they react to a 2-0 win against stingy opponents. Can someone tell me if Chelsea fans reacted like this when they got chumped by Bradford and sent packing by 10-man PSG?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    We'll be alright in the weekend imo. Theo will probably start, and so will Ramsey.

Reckon Alexis really needs a rest - he's burning out and his form is suffering.

I would go with this:

Giroud
    Welbz Ozil Theo
    Ramsey Coq
    Gibbs Kosc Gabriel Bellerin
    Ospina

We really need to see Gabriel in action now so he can merge in to the first team.

Basically give Ramsey a full game and bring on Santi for Ozil on the 60min mark.

Arteta is back in training and I think so is Jack. Also, where the **** is Gnabry?
    Gnabry confirmed that he is fit and available for the first team squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EddyP)
    Arsenal fans really are the worst, if this is how they react to a 2-0 win against stingy opponents. Can someone tell me if Chelsea fans reacted like this when they got chumped by Bradford and sent packing by 10-man PSG?
    Apart from the fact that this is clearly not about just 1 game, it's also clear that two people arguing online does not = all arsenal fans ever.

A* post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EddyP)
    They were too busy not allowing a black gentleman on to a train.

Nah, but in all seriousness, the two aren't even comparable. Chelsea fans are, in general, a lot worse just for being absolute scum. Granted, they're not all like that, but it certainly is a scummy club throughout, much more so than Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EddyP)
    But you're going to win the league!!

The win on the night shouldn't be looked at on its own. Over the two legs we simply weren't good enough.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, you talk way more **** than Arkasia.
    Coming from you LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Coming from you LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do I have any relation to Arkasia? You were attacking the lad for no reason. You are literally like the random bloke in a city centre fight between two guys, who decides to punch a spectator nearby based on an impulse to just hit someone and start a brawl.

ReputationRep:

City are new money, they got it wrong in the beginning but then found a way to make it work. City systematically dismantled the teams above and around them to get in the CL. Everton first; Barry and Lescott were taken and Everton had a hard time. Then us, Kolo, Adepaymor, Clichy, Nasri and eventually they toppled us.
    I do however think their ridiculous spending will catch up with them one day, but luckily for us, we don’t need to spend near enough a billion quid to compete.
    They got Barry from Villa, not Everton. They got Rodwell and Lescott off us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylo92)
    They got Barry from Villa, not Everton. They got Rodwell and Lescott off us.
    My bad! But the point was, they went after players of team that were initially above and around them to get them out of the way.

ReputationRep:
    How do I have any relation to Arkasia? You were attacking the lad for no reason. You are literally like the random bloke in a city centre fight between two guys, who decides to punch a spectator nearby based on an impulse to just hit someone and start a brawl.

You don't have any relation to Arkasia hence I didn't even mention your name at the start :lol:
    I have nothing against Arkasia, but what I hardly said counted as an attack either

Not sure how to respond to that random description or w/e you wanna call it. Was it meant to be funny lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    You don't have any relation to Arkasia hence I didn't even mention your name at the start :lol:
    I have nothing against Arkasia, but what I hardly said counted as an attack either

Not sure how to respond to that random description or w/e you wanna call it. Was it meant to be funny lol
    He was defending my post. You *****ed about him (i.e. that he should not be taken seriously) to Peggles for supporting my post.

No, it was a satire. Like this depiction of you in this picture is a satire:

ReputationRep:
    In retrospect, that was a bit mean ^, mods take that down if you must.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    In retrospect, that was a bit mean ^, mods take that down if you must.
    Looks alright to me.

ReputationRep:
    I question the sanity of this guy at times...

If you want to troll properly then do it but don't revert to adhoms every time some one calls you out :lol:

Not that I am gay, but I would find it both ironic and homophobic that you would try to ridicule someone for being in such a group "ie gay gunners" but whatever floats your boat Mr.Ford

Then again It would make perfect sense if you were schizophrenic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Looks alright to me.
    LoL! Aww man I love Wenger . Deserves more than this club today. He's on big money yes, but he could have won more stuff abroad and been all retired up by now. Off to the sunset with his daughter Lea (friend's mum in my Maths class looked after his daughter for him, I used to ask her all the time about what Wenger was like in private).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I question the sanity of this guy at times...

If you want to troll properly then do it but don't revert to adhoms every time some one calls you out :lol:

Not that I am gay, but I would find it both ironic and homophobic that you would try to ridicule someone for being in such a group "ie gay gunners" but whatever floats your boat Mr.Ford

Then again It would make perfect sense if you were schizophrenic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am not a troll on football forums. I am a wind up merchant.
    I am not clever enough to troll you guys.

Zurich accused me of being psychopathic. You are making suggestions of schizophrenia. Can someone please just prescribe me my real mental illness so that I can get some help for it please? I feel alone and bullied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Yeah I'd g with that team exactly. Newcastle are always very straightforward wins home or away for us tbh and with their form/manager/lack of motivation you'd expect us to collect the 3 points. Perhaps Rosicky for Ozil, he worked very hard last night and probably isnt the best player mentally after a knock-out.

It would be nice to finish 2nd as well really just for the prestige and I think it's worth a few million in prize money as well. Last time we finished 2nd must have been 2005. And you never know, if Chelsea draw again at the weekend and with us to play them at the Emirates, there is always the outside chance at a title race yet. If we win every game from now until the end of the season, we'll probably win the league!
    Good shout, hope Rosicky is ready for the game - even if he comes on from the bench. Though, it'll never happen. Wenger will play Ozil

Yeah I completely forgot United and City still have to play each other, hopefully its a draw. Definitely think 2nd is a realistic shout.

Regardless of us winning the league or not, I would really like us to beat Chelsea at the emirates. Will really show were we are mentally in the bigger games imo. I would like us to push Chelsea all the way though. Usually what happens after our CL cup exits is we get our **** together and beast the rest of the season (when it doesn't mean anything lol), think about the 2-0 at the Allianz. Hopefully we take this form in to the start of next season though, with a better squad I just hope we can push on :rolleyes:

Gnabry confirmed that he is fit and available for the first team squad.
    Would really like him back. He's similar to the Ox, and we really really missed the Ox yesterday. People forget how good of a player Gnabry is

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.