Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Farrage said that Junker was UN elected which is total nonsense, so it would seem that he really doesn't know much about the thing he doesn't like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Farage would have easily had Cameron on the back foot, when Cameron talked of the ear to the window he would have been asking when Cameron intends to try to become the 51st state, when Cameron talked of no other event having the same "expert" consensus we would have had the Euro and ERM. A person knowing what you're going to say prevents you from deflecting the issues
    Doesn't answer my question. You say Cameron didn't debate Farage because he knows hed lose yet I don't remember you complaining that he didn't debate ed one on one last year.

Cameron is miles better than Farage at these events. He gives far more substantive arguments and engages with the audience rather than calling them idiots or telling them to 'calm down'. He oozes leadership and prime ministerialness.

Farage was shockingly bad. He simply couldn't tackle the substance of the argument or back up his points. He just claimed anyone who disagrees with him is wrong.
    It's why even the leav campaign don't like him.

You can hardly label me a Tory basher when I'm supporting the Tory pm and you're supporting UKIPs leader.

ReputationRep:
    Who wants to hear a knock knock joke?

Knock knock...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lime-man)

Knock knock...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get off my ****ing lawn.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Barely a month in and Khan has already broken his main pledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Get off my ****ing lawn.
    Would you like to hear about our lord and saviour Jesus Christ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer

Knock knock...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Would you like to hear about our lord and saviour Jesus Christ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I was just gonna go straight for Americans' right to bear arms to be honest... But yeh, hounds would work too!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Another disaffiliation - http://www.thejc.com/news/campus-new...vote-split-nus

and two more referendums finish tomorrow, with results out on Friday.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Another disaffiliation - http://www.thejc.com/news/campus-new...vote-split-nus

and two more referendums finish tomorrow, with results out on Friday.
    We're all confused why york is extended other than lying from the yes side that has been common across the country, and I thought it was closing tonight rather than tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I would like to state my immediate concern with publications with which Parties are affiliated with, which are published off site, yet promoted through the MHoC, due to them being able to bypass site rules, as well as being able to be used as a platform to which they can be derogatory against other Parties, and the general difficulty of moderating it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I do feel the Cameron came off as too much of a closet brexiter last night.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I would like to state my immediate concern with publications with which Parties are affiliated with, which are published off site, yet promoted through the MHoC, due to them being able to bypass site rules, as well as being able to be used as a platform to which they can be derogatory against other Parties, and the general difficulty of moderating it.
    Hear, hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He must have learnt from Boris and the industrial peace pledge or the no tube ticket office closures.

ReputationRep:
    I've been drunk many times, even in the presence of promiscuous women who were also drunk, and I managed not to rape them, so I don't think drinking and promiscuity are the problems.

This here is the problem: some guys are entitled pricks, and they're entitled pricks because their fathers and coaches and friends taught them to be entitled pricks. Because they are entitled pricks, they think they can have whatever they want, and that their worth is defined by what they have and what they take.

Alcohol has this capacity to unlock what, deep down, we've always wanted to do. For me, that means, occasionally, shouting things in places I probably shouldn't, like through libraries or museums. But even at my most intoxicated, I've never lost sight of the fact that rape is wrong, because I was raised to know it's wrong. No amount of alcohol can depress that value.

Brock Turner and his ilk were never taught that. They were taught that they can have what they want, when they want, including women. And that's called being a man. Brock Turner thought he was entitled to a little "action" any way he could get it, and he thought that long before he got drunk. The alcohol didn't introduce that thought, it unlocked it. That thought: "I can take whatever I want, including her", was planted and watered by a whole, rotten village.

It is right that we shame him, and his father, and the friend that came to his defense, and the judge, and every other entitled prick we meet.

Just as importantly, we need to love our boys, and teach them the dignity of the body, and how to live through disappointment and confusion, and how to navigate confusing feelings, and how to separate feelings from action, and how to communicate and listen. We need to redefine for them what it is to be a man, that their worth doesn't come from that which they have and take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've been drunk many times, even in the presence of promiscuous women who were also drunk, and I managed not to rape them, so I don't think drinking and promiscuity are the problems.

This here is the problem: some guys are entitled pricks, and they're entitled pricks because their fathers and coaches and friends taught them to be entitled pricks. Because they are entitled pricks, they think they can have whatever they want, and that their worth is defined by what they have and what they take.

Alcohol has this capacity to unlock what, deep down, we've always wanted to do. For me, that means, occasionally, shouting things in places I probably shouldn't, like through libraries or museums. But even at my most intoxicated, I've never lost sight of the fact that rape is wrong, because I was raised to know it's wrong. No amount of alcohol can depress that value.

Brock Turner and his ilk were never taught that. They were taught that they can have what they want, when they want, including women. And that's called being a man. Brock Turner thought he was entitled to a little "action" any way he could get it, and he thought that long before he got drunk. The alcohol didn't introduce that thought, it unlocked it. That thought: "I can take whatever I want, including her", was planted and watered by a whole, rotten village.

It is right that we shame him, and his father, and the friend that came to his defense, and the judge, and every other entitled prick we meet.

Just as importantly, we need to love our boys, and teach them the dignity of the body, and how to live through disappointment and confusion, and how to navigate confusing feelings, and how to separate feelings from action, and how to communicate and listen. We need to redefine for them what it is to be a man, that their worth doesn't come from that which they have and take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    TL;DR

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From what I gathered on twitter, so could be wrong don't start yelling, he has froze oyster/contactless fares for four years, however due to the nature of travelcards they do not come under the power of the mayor but rather the Department of Transport, meaning he can't freeze travelcards directly, so is lobbying the DoT to freeze them for him

ReputationRep:
    TL;DR

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why bother posting if you didnt read it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    To be honest, was quite disappointed with his absolutely lacklustre responses.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.