Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How long after the quick chat with BAML have ppl been invited to the AC for IBD?

ReputationRep:
    About Centerview, what happens after the first chat with Dartmouth and when does it happen ?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any idea of the number of applications that are made for given summer internship position vs. the number that make assessment centres? I am wondering for BB and smaller but still big ones such as Nomura or BNP.

A few hundred applications?? 20 to the AC?? Have no idea haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Anyone have any idea of the number of applications that are made for given summer internship position vs. the number that make assessment centres? I am wondering for BB and smaller but still big ones such as Nomura or BNP.

A few hundred applications?? 20 to the AC?? Have no idea haha.
    you are severely underestimating this crap.
    here are the #s for a regional US BB (EMEA) office of which i'm sure of:
    2500 apps for 5 AC spots for 1 final spot.
    same odds at another for the same regional office but for 2 spots instead.
    here are the #s for the SW of another US bb @london
    5000 apps for 150 first rounds and 30 spots in the end.

Unless you qualify as some sort of diversity hire (B/F/LGBT) you're gonna need a spotless resume and then some luck with itw'er castings to get a spot some place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaFrenchy)
    About Centerview, what happens after the first chat with Dartmouth and when does it happen ?
    F2F with Dartmouth. Idk when it happens but had the first chat on friday and was told would hear back start of this week but haven't heard yet

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if/how many ACs PJT already had or if they have given out offers already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savonarollla)
    you are severely underestimating this crap.
    here are the #s for a regional US BB (EMEA) office of which i'm sure of:
    2500 apps for 5 AC spots for 1 final spot.
    same odds at another for the same regional office but for 2 spots instead.
    here are the #s for the SW of another US bb @london
    5000 apps for 150 first rounds and 30 spots in the end.

Unless you qualify as some sort of diversity hire (B/F/LGBT) you're gonna need a spotless resume and then some luck with itw'er castings to get a spot some place.
    Whilst i firmly believe in diversity - I know plenty of people who lie about their sexual orientation on their applications. I am curious if this is still considered / weighted in decision making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackboard)
    Whilst i firmly believe in diversity - I know plenty of people who lie about their sexual orientation on their applications. I am curious if this is still considered / weighted in decision making.
    lol, i have a hard time believing there are straight guys saying that they are gay on an employment form xD

ReputationRep:
    lol, i have a hard time believing there are straight guys saying that they are gay on an employment form xD
    like I said I have plenty of colleagues who lie. When you are out there to differentiate yourself and get an interview in one of the most competitive industries.... you do just about anything.

P.S. Not just the guys!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from HL final round?

ReputationRep:
    like I said I have plenty of colleagues who lie. When you are out there to differentiate yourself and get an interview in one of the most competitive industries.... you do just about anything.

ok now i got it.
    well ****. i'm a lesbian now gimme my interviews

ReputationRep:

Nah because on the application form that section gets filtered off. I think it's more if you have an organisation that helps people from your background into the industry by placing influential recommendations and giving you networking/training with professionals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can anyone suggest good report on M&A trends in 2016?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shandawg)
    Has anyone done the UBS first round?

Willing to help out with RBC, MS, HSBC, PJT
    PM me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    if you just need the #s
    google THOMSON REUTERS LEAGUE TABLES M&A H1 2016

ReputationRep:
    Do Morgan Stanley conduct both telephone interview on the same day? Or do you have to pass the first one before the second?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jefferies (grad) first round IBD interview advice?

ReputationRep:
    if you just need the #s
    google THOMSON REUTERS LEAGUE TABLES M&A H1 2016
    thanks, I am always using Thomson/Dealogic to check rankings, but I need the one more for getting some ideas to have discussion around industry/trends this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    Mergermarket, pm me if you want the Q3 one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    Mergermarket, pm me if you want the Q3 one
    thanks man, I actually have it already

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.