Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Could this mean I'm in or is it just a standard answer. It's just the "you will receive..." bit makes it sound like I got in
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 520
Size:  214.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excellentyiu)
    wht kind of preparation shd i be doing before results day??
    i did some and looking up on clearing stuff
    but im not sure how to be prepared

only doing work makes me less afraid of results coming loll
    That is good prep for now, all you can do at the moment is prepare yourself for the fact that things may not work out how you had hoped but know that it isn't the end of the road and there is always something you can do (clearing, retakes etc...) this anticipation is the worst bit and I'm sure everything will work out. Try and distract yourself from dwelling on it and stressing yourself out, when you have free time watch a new TV series or read a book I find that you get immersed in the fictional world and you don't think about results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Could this mean I'm in or is it just a standard answer. It's just the "you will receive..." bit makes it sound like I got in
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 520
Size:  214.6 KB
    seems standard to me, but you never know Uni's do know our results now I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franckenstar)
    Exactly how I feel. My course entered clearing on Saturday. I've been freaking out since.
    I'm sure you'll be fine. Guessing your course needs decently high marks? Not everyone can get those, but if you believe you did well you should get them yourself, right?

...right?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  metro4.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  10.5 KB

Reaction to missing your Firm and Insurance Offer by only a grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franckenstar)
    Exactly how I feel. My course entered clearing on Saturday. I've been freaking out since.
    Freaking out? Isn't that a good thing though? Or should i be worried too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzdevzz)
    What do i do when I've accepted an unconditional and i dont mind going to a uni. But i want to go to another uni (since i think i done better than i thought). Is there anyway to get out of an unconditional on results day and accepted another uni?
    . You would have to call them up and ask to be released from the contract you have agreed to by accepting the offer I believe. They may not release you from it however so you'll have to see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_1998)
    yh edexcel, i just hate the fact everyone found it so easy ahhh
    It wasn't as easy as everyone made it out to be....it happens every year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guardianbright)
    seems standard to me, but you never know Uni's do know our results now I believe.
    Wish I could say something like: "psst what are my results? I'll keep it a secret " lol

ReputationRep:
    What does clearing means in this context ???

ReputationRep:
    That is good prep for now, all you can do at the moment is prepare yourself for the fact that things may not work out how you had hoped but know that it isn't the end of the road and there is always something you can do (clearing, retakes etc...) this anticipation is the worst bit and I'm sure everything will work out. Try and distract yourself from dwelling on it and stressing yourself out, when you have free time watch a new TV series or read a book I find that you get immersed in the fictional world and you don't think about results day.
    thanks
    the school's head of sixth form / careers always disappears when u need them :v

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel! Where are the stats mark schemes???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhopeeful)
    Hey people! I've applied for biomedicine and my firm is Brighton for BBB. I'm not sure if I want that anymore. Could I go to a better uni i.e somewhere like liverpool or Manchester with the same grades through clearing? If they have spaces? Or would those unis want the grade requirements that they had in the first place?
    Manchester and loads of other places were off clearing for biomedicine and biochemistry the last time I checked (2 days ago). It seems to be a really popular course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    Freaking out? Isn't that a good thing though? Or should i be worried too
    a lot of the clearing courses were decided waaaay before Uni's got results guys, Uni's aren't capped on how many places they can give out so lots of courses will be on clearing as the uni will make more money. If anything they may be more lenient with accepting people who just missed the offer if they wish to fill up the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    It wasn't as easy as everyone made it out to be....it happens every year
    The problem is it was easier than last year's which was 68 for an A* and 62 for an A

ReputationRep:
    a lot of the clearing courses were decided waaaay before Uni's got results guys, Uni's aren't capped on how many places they can give out so lots of courses will be on clearing as the uni will make more money. If anything they may be more lenient with accepting people who just missed the offer if they wish to fill up the course.
    Unis aren't capped by facilities actually. Plus STEM subjects are loss making for unis so they don't go up for making money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somevirtualguy)
    The problem is it was easier than last year's which was 68 for an A* and 62 for an A
    I feel the last part of the Vectors question caught out a lot of strong candidates as lots came out the exam quite worried despite the fact it wasn't a truly difficult paper. I'd argue the grade boundaries will be very similar to last year because 69 or 70 for an A* is rather quite high and something I only ever see with FP2 and S2 so please can we pray :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swifty139)
    I feel the last part of the Vectors question caught out a lot of strong candidates as lots came out the exam quite worried despite the fact it wasn't a truly difficult paper. I'd argue the grade boundaries will be very similar to last year because 69 or 70 for an A* is rather quite high and something I only ever see with FP2 and S2 so please can we pray :P
    I hope you're right 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Unis aren't capped by facilities actually. Plus STEM subjects are loss making for unis so they don't go up for making money.
    . Well obviously not all subjects fit that criteria. I assume you meant that they ARE limited by facilities which is obviously true, when I said they are not capped on how many places they can give out I was referencing the recent relax in rules meaning that universities if they have the facilities to do so can give out far more places than in previous years due to a removal of caps previously placed on them. Regardless, my point was that people shouldn't panic simply because their course is clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Someone just kill me now pls

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.