Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
vapid slut magician
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Got up at 8:15am today as I booked my docs appointment for 9:30 to make myself get up. Goal is to stay awake until at least 10pm tonight. Doc was alarmimgly comptent and spent ages talking to me. Said I was depressed but didn't have depression... if that makes sense. Basically he thought it was precipitated by fracturing my wrist and wanted to see me again next term and if I felt the same he wanted to send me somewhere for a full mood evaluation. He agreed that taking me off paxil wasn't the way to go, which I was glad of since it's helped my anxiety.

Also, the other day I bought tickets to see the 2009 world artistic gymnastic championships at the O2 arena. I'm soooo excited (even though it's 10 months away). I never thought I'd get to see all my favourite gymnasts in action. They're my role models (even though they're like 6 or 8 years younger than me!). Bought tickets for 3 dates which was nearly £180 but worth every penny to me.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I honestly can't stand my Dad. I know he has been under a lot of pressure and I know he's finding things difficult but he has no right to take it out on me or to lose his temper. I don't know why I bother!! I have been trying to take care of mum but it just seems like I'm interfering to be awkward! I just said that ironing might not be a good idea because it might pull on her stomach muscles and it somehow escalated into a full-blown argument. I really can't cope with my Dad. I can't cope with one mentally unstable person and a cancer patient. I have tried so unbelievably hard to be strong and positive. But I need someone to be strong and positive for me, too. I just want peace.
can your brother and his partner help? Maybe if your mum went to stay with them for a kind of 'holiday' for a week or something it would calm things down?
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)

Vapid: Thanks for helping me, is everything going ok for you? Are you concentrating on finishing your masters?
I'm just doing your CV btw. Won't be much longer; taken longer than I thought. I'll email it back when it's done.
KJ21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
I'm just doing your CV btw. Won't be much longer; taken longer than I thought. I'll email it back when it's done.
Thank you so so much

Thanks xx
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Thank you so so much

Thanks xx
Ok it's sent. Few dates/addresses need adding, plus your personal info obviously. Maybe add a tad about IT and if you have any languages where ive left a space.
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok it's sent. Few dates/addresses need adding, plus your personal info obviously. Maybe add a tad about IT and if you have any languages where ive left a space.
Thank you so much.

Is my CV ok? Or is it crap? xx
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm making mince pies.
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
with a rum and raisin filling and lookig for a few beautiful cards
Laus
Report 10 years ago
can your brother and his partner help? Maybe if your mum went to stay with them for a kind of 'holiday' for a week or something it would calm things down?
My brother is exhausted from work and his wife has her hands full with my nephew. She also has bad morning sickness (pregnant again!) We're meant to be going there for Xmas, so that should be a good break. Mum is OK. I think we're all just getting a bit emotional. Hopefully things will calm down in time. Sorry to moan. :hugs:
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Thank you so much.

it was crap, now it's not! it massively undersold your grades, your degree, and your experience. the content is great, was just formatted and displayed really badly. You might want to alter it to tailor it to certain jobs/sectors, although that can also be done in a covering letter.

What jobs are you actually going for?
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Thank you so much.

did you understand why id changed it in the ways i have?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Got up at 8:15am today as I booked my docs appointment for 9:30 to make myself get up. Goal is to stay awake until at least 10pm tonight. Doc was alarmimgly comptent and spent ages talking to me. Said I was depressed but didn't have depression... if that makes sense. Basically he thought it was precipitated by fracturing my wrist and wanted to see me again next term and if I felt the same he wanted to send me somewhere for a full mood evaluation. He agreed that taking me off paxil wasn't the way to go, which I was glad of since it's helped my anxiety.

Also, the other day I bought tickets to see the 2009 world artistic gymnastic championships at the O2 arena. I'm soooo excited (even though it's 10 months away). I never thought I'd get to see all my favourite gymnasts in action. They're my role models (even though they're like 6 or 8 years younger than me!). Bought tickets for 3 dates which was nearly £180 but worth every penny to me.
Really glad appointment went well. I'm glad he didn't take you off Paxil.

That's great I'm sure you're right, it will be worth every penny. Awesome .
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
did you understand why id changed it in the ways i have?
Yes I did, thank you so so much.

Im applying for all types of jobs, mainly Admin Jobs. I cant get anything at moment so trying for everything. Anyone have any ideas?
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
i'm making mince pies.
Yummy
keonin
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
Lol ( Evils) Ramadullah
So anyway Mate do you suffer from depression or anything relative?
Laus
Report 10 years ago

I can relate to the tiredness. It's so hard to stay awake.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Hi how is everyone doing, sorry haven't been on in a while, I have more problems growing everyday. Still thinking and worrying about you all though?

Laus: How are you doing hunny, how is your mum?

Charlotte: Hang in there hun, if you need anything just text or ring me, you know im always here for you.

Vapid: Thanks for helping me, is everything going ok for you? Are you concentrating on finishing your masters?

Johnathon: How u doing mate? U feeling any better, here if you wanna talk pal.

StarChild: How you feeling, work getting any better for you?

Vienna: How are you, havent spoken to you in a while, everything ok?

Im here if anyone needs a chat, be nice to talk to some to be honest!

xxx
I'm OK. Just very tired and behind with work. Mum is still weak but, generally, she seems to be doing OK. The surgery rang up this morning saying she needed stronger antibiotics. Still waiting for a letter from the hospital.

How are you?
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Yes I did, thank you so so much.

Im applying for all types of jobs, mainly Admin Jobs. I cant get anything at moment so trying for everything. Anyone have any ideas?
you will now your CV kicks ass
Laus
Report 10 years ago
The lady speaks the truth. She made my CV sound great!! I'm sure I'll be going to VSM again! :p:
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i can't do this.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads