Report 10 years ago
What are the rejection days lol
crash209
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Nothing tomorrow I reckon as there were offers on Friday. We only expect things on Monday/Tuesday if we see nothing on Friday.
okayy, so I'm safe till Friday it's been a long three months!
well done on your offer btw
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crash209)
okayy, so I'm safe till Friday it's been a long three months!
well done on your offer btw

(Original post by gsc7)
What are the rejection days lol
We reckon it's alternate rejections/offers every Friday...so....the coming Friday should be rejections, if nothing, then a week Monday/Tuesday should be rejections, and the Friday after offers, etc.
econ0403
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is LSE just ultimately better than UCL??
Im wondering although I haven't got a reply from UCL
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by econ0403)
Well, it's usually higher in the league tables and I think it has higher international recognition despite dropping loads in the world rankings. I'm picking LSE over UCL - I think most people do, apart from maybe for Law.
tomoli
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Amar, if you update this thread, could you please sort yourself out and update my status on the first page. For about the FIFTH TIME, I got an unconditional for Anthropology and Law on Friday.
gsc7
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Economist1)
No, no. As I tried to say earlier, there is a whole team of admissions tutors looking at the applications. I was told that the applications are forward to different tutors, some of whom like to wait for a bit longer before giving out offers.
Oh I see sorry! Well it seems that mine has gone to a tutor who takes a while lol!

Capocrimini
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by econ0403)
As far as I'm aware, there's a large gap between LSE and UCL in terms of international recognition and strength of econ. department. Though, from what I've gathered, UCL seems to be a more sociable university.
Milch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, the date you send your application isn't the main factor that determines if you get an offer or not
Yes but considering I have better GCSE and AS Level results than both of them and a similar standard of personal statement it seems a bit weird
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Milch)
Yes but considering I have better GCSE and AS Level results than both of them and a similar standard of personal statement it seems a bit weird
Well, as Economist1 has been saying, you might have one of those admissions tutors who likes to take a long time
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, as Economist1 has been saying, you might have one of those admissions tutors who likes to take a long time
Does that mean he will eventually receive an offer?. Because it would seem a bit unfair if he had better grades with a similar personal statement and was rejected.

Or does it just rest on the individual admission tutor at the end of the day?
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
Does that mean he will eventually receive an offer?. Because it would seem a bit unfair if he had better grades with a similar personal statement and was rejected.

Or does it just rest on the individual admission tutor at the end of the day?
Well, I can't answer the first question.

I don't know on the second question, it's just what Economist1 said, although, I was under the impression that they had a team meeting to discuss final decisions on Fridays. We can't really make valid assumptions on how they do it though, unless someone finds some literature on it IMO.

Also, similar grades - fair enough. Similar PS - is very debatable. It's hard to evaluate the "standard" of a PS I think. Some people think they have really good PSs but actually they're a load of rubbish - I was one of them last year. It could just be that the LSE tutors liked Milch's friends' PSs better and so gave them offers.
user_01332
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tomoli)
Amar, if you update this thread, could you please sort yourself out and update my status on the first page. For about the FIFTH TIME, I got an unconditional for Anthropology and Law on Friday.
you egocentric joke.
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by user_01332)
you egocentric joke.
Well said bruv.
Bear Without Honey
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by user_01332)
you egocentric joke.
True dat!!

...and what not.

Whilst I'm here, have we not had any successful applicants for International Relations as of yet?
tomoli
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol, i don't give a **** if you got an offer or not. I don't update it every ******* day. Also, if you read my post, i said i wasn't going to be on TSR for a couple of weeks. Does it really matter whether a bunch of people on a website who you don't know see that your "status" is updated and you got an offer.
You must be some pathetic sort of person if it does matter.

Amar, I think this is a little pathetic. You obviously didn't get the 'tongue-in-cheekness' of my comment, I'm sorry but it wasn't intended as an insult!

If you really believe this why did you start this thread? And why do you spend so much time on it?

I also think it is a little petty to remove my name from the list!
tomoli
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Milch)
Personal Statements are subjective! Just because you think they are of a similar standard, doesn't mean the admissions tutors would agree.
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol, i don't give a **** if you got an offer or not. I don't update it every ******* day. Also, if you read my post, i said i wasn't going to be on TSR for a couple of weeks. Does it really matter whether a bunch of people on a website who you don't know see that your "status" is updated and you got an offer.
You must be some pathetic sort of person if it does matter.

Amar, I think this is a little pathetic. You obviously didn't get the 'tongue-in-cheekness' of my comment, I'm sorry but it wasn't intended as an insult!

If you really believe this why did you start this thread? And why do you spend so much time on it?

I also think it is a little petty to remove my name from the list!
omg i cannot stop cracking up about this lol....
JohnKennedy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personal Statements are subjective! Just because you think they are of a similar standard, doesn't mean the admissions tutors would agree.
Comparing your results/ps with friends won't do you any favours. Sometimes people just get lucky and other get unlucky... What i'm saying is that Admissions Tutors don't have a fool proof system and some good candidates will get undeserved rejections despite their obvious superiority... I'm stunned as to why applicants such as I_Am_Abbas or whatever his name is haven't recieved offers yet...
Milch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes fair point. One of my friend's PS was very well written so maybe that gained him the offer. However the other friend's PS was quite vague as he applied to a mixture of courses and so talked alot about banking for instance.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (904)
79.93%
Leave (227)
20.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed