Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    but they jumped of a building
    Which created a paradox so they survived that then got sent back by the angel who survived tge paradox.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    Which created a paradox so they survived that then got sent back by the angel who survived tge paradox.
    yeah but they were still dead in the present, they had gravestones and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but all the companions are going to die sometime if you take that viewpoint.Companions the Doctor dropped off in the past are dead now obviously and also some of those who have died in the present like the Brigadier and probably Sarah Jane now that the actor is dead.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't rate this new Doctor

ReputationRep:
    Considering the show is about time travel, how exactly do you define "the present"? .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I think the actress who plays Clara wanted to leave at the end of last season (She may have died inbetween the events of the last season and this one or simply left), but she was tricked into staying on against her wishes.
    At least I think I remember reading an article about this before?
    Yeah that's right and then the ending for Last Christmas was rewritten when she decided to stay on, I really liked the café scene at the end of Death In Heaven so I kinda wish that had been how they tied it up. Thought we'd seen the last of River as well (don't like her character at all, I think the Madame de Pompadour/Doctor love story which was similar was much better) but she'll be in the Christmas episode, nothing against Alex Kingston as an actress but I never liked River Song same with Michelle Williams and her character as well.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Ashildr said that the shade was promised a soul not that it was promised the chance to kill a soul, so the shade has Clara's soul so she should still be alive(the Shade reminds me of a wraith type being that takes souls in Once Upon a Time they managed to get the soul back for a person who had his soul took although this occurred off screen.

Even if Clara is dead it was at least hinted that she wasn't dead dead like thing of the ghosts in Episodes 3 and 4 they were souls forced to repeat those words and the Shade could have done anything with Clara's soul so she could be experiencing any sort of hell whilst still being dead but alive sort of like them ghosts.We don't really know what the the Shade does with the souls at all.

I'm pretty sure Clara is supposed to appear again in the finale although this might well be another copy of her, from the rumours I have heard.

Good shout

what about Amy and Rory?
    A) they're not dead
    B) Rory wasn't even human by the end of his tenure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hugs31)
    Yeah that's right and then the ending for Last Christmas was rewritten when she decided to stay on, I really liked the café scene at the end of Death In Heaven so I kinda wish that had been how they tied it up. Thought we'd seen the last of River as well (don't like her character at all, I think the Madame de Pompadour/Doctor love story which was similar was much better) but she'll be in the Christmas episode, nothing against Alex Kingston as an actress but I never liked River Song same with Michelle Williams and her character as well.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think River is supposed to appear at Xmas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think River is supposed to appear at Xmas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which is what I said right? At least we only have a couple of weeks to wait for the Christmas episode, not like when RTD was head writer where the Christmas episode came six months after the series finale.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Which is what I said right? At least we only have a couple of weeks to wait for the Christmas episode, not like when RTD was head writer where the Christmas episode came six months after the series finale.
    Oops didn't spot that bit

Although yeah, that's a perk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Oops didn't spot that bit

Although yeah, that's a perk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Saying that, the Christmas episodes are a mixed bag (much like the seasonal box of Quality Street, other boxes of sweets are available); The Runaway Bride, The Next Doctor, A Christmas Carol and Last Christmas I enjoyed. The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe and The End of Time (1 and 2) not so much and then The Christmas Invasion, Voyage of the Damned, The Snowmen and Time of the Doctor were okay.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Saying that, the Christmas episodes are a mixed bag (much like the seasonal box of Quality Street, other boxes of sweets are available); The Runaway Bride, The Next Doctor, A Christmas Carol and Last Christmas I enjoyed. The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe and The End of Time (1 and 2) not so much and then The Christmas Invasion, Voyage of the Damned, The Snowmen and Time of the Doctor were okay.
    How very true. Although I'm not sure how they'll beat Nick Frost as Mr Claus, if they take that route

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is my theory
    Spoiler:
    Show

Clara didn't die. She was transported to an alternate dimension by the Raven. Doctor finds her and saves everyone in that dimension. Doctor saves Clara. Doctor says to Clara he can't stand to see her die again. Doctor alone. Doctor alone in Christmas episode. Doctor goes bezerk in Christmas episode. Doctor realises he needs companion. Doctor finds new companion in episode 1. Cycle repeats with new companion instead of Clara.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    that episode hurt my heart
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    that episode hurt my heart
    it healed mine
    Spoiler:
    Show
    WHHWAJAJJA she is gooooooonnnnnnnnne :crazy:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    it healed mine
    Spoiler:
    Show
    WHHWAJAJJA she is gooooooonnnnnnnnne :crazy:
    Cavy, you have suddenly become less cute and loveable
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    Cavy, you have suddenly become less cute and loveable
    :cry2: whaaaaatttttttttt nooooooooooooo!!!
    i need you love!
    please forgive me oh cupcake :adore::adore::kiss2::kiss::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    clara just annoyed me that's all
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    cupcakes87 :

see? that was the ultimate act of devotion, now i have elliegoulding in my youtube recommendations

ReputationRep:
    Was fully expecting at least half of the run you clever boy thing, oh well.
    Also I rewatched the flesh episodes and remembered tat technically 11 can come back - I really want 12 to meet him.
    Twelve is great but I prefer 11/10/9 I was looking at some really funny instagram posts and laughing- my parents thought I was crying about my exams!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (I've done that enough already)
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    :cry2: whaaaaatttttttttt nooooooooooooo!!!
    i need you love!
    please forgive me oh cupcake :adore::adore::kiss2::kiss::kiss ing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::lo veduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    clara just annoyed me that's all
    cupcakes87 :

see? that was the ultimate act of devotion, now i have elliegoulding in my youtube recommendations
    awwwwww! yous too coot for life!!! its okay! she was annoying :mmm: im just emotional! :bawling:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.