Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MdTahmid)
    Same here! How did you find them? What do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like this year?
    Same did both in June (sorry to gatecrash your party) Let's just hope that the grade boundaries are not as strict as last year.. People who were predicted A's came out with D's...

ReputationRep:
    Same here! How did you find them? What do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like this year?
    That physical paper threw me; i honestly think i' ve failed that, which sucks because i studied so hard. I think it was because i had the 2 and a half hour english exam just before it Hopefully my coursework and other papers that i did last year will pull my grade up.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else having money off they're parents for passing GCSES?
    I get £10 for a C
    And £20 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn.. I am now seriously worried about AQA Geography.

Pleaseee let the grade boundaries be low!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I hope AQA individual sciences are 43 for 100 IMS :awesome: :crossedf: I got 44 44 and 45
    I think it will be because core science ISA's were marked with these boundaries However do you think AQA will be strict in marking the papers this year? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    I get £10 for a C
    And £20 for an A
    I don't think I am, but I'm not in a desperate need for any right now. What does annoy me though is when I hear of people who get paid hundreds for A*s, or even for failing!

ReputationRep:
    I get £10 for a C
    And £20 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your sooo lucky all my parents are going to do is say well done and forget about it in a week.

ReputationRep:
    Damn.. I am now seriously worried about AQA Geography.

Pleaseee let the grade boundaries be low!!
    me too, i did wjec and the exam was quite easy but i'm still worried that the boundaries will be so high that i'd get a bad grade. regret picking geography tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    I think it will be because core science ISA's were marked with these boundaries However do you think AQA will be strict in marking the papers this year? :eek:
    Hmmm I think they'll be more strict on the exams (especially re-sits) that the CA's so if you re-did for triple any of the 1's or 2's I expect them to have harsher marking this time (or slightly higher boundaries) - Due to there being more past papers available and better teaching structure now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    What have people got in their science modules so far??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A*A*A*AAAABB, retook both B's this summer, really scared tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    I'm not sure yet, i don't think i will take it because i'm not exceptional at maths but economics sounds interesting so i'm stuck:confused:
    At the moment i'm taking biology, chemistry, maths and economics What about yourself?
    thing is you don't need further maths to do it at most of the universities I don't think erm I'm doing maths, further maths, mandarin, economics and English literature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    As the results day gets closer its still feeling as if its so far away because time is passing that slowly-I had been thinking to myself about how close it would feel when we get to this point and the grade boundaries are just over 2 days away and it still feels absolutely ages away but on the plus side, today has felt like a very quick day unlike every other day in the past 2 weeks ,its probably only because I woke up at 3pm though

I also have jsut realised this is my 6,000 post, after 2 years and 2 months bar 2 days on thestudentroom.
    Lol, congrats! Let's just toast to it not taking any longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    thing is you don't need further maths to do it at most of the universities I don't think erm I'm doing maths, further maths, mandarin, economics and English literature
    are you taking mandarin externally or will you be going to the lessons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    are you taking mandarin externally or will you be going to the lessons?
    having lessons (just to be clear I'm not Chinese aha), but I'm the only person doing it in my year :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I get £10 for a C
    And £20 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I'm hoping the examiner is kind with my writings! I got full marks in the orals so I'm hoping for something similar.
    My teacher wouldn't tell me what I got in my controlled assessments so your lucky to knoww roughy what you will be getting on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    So far for aqa bio, chem and phys i have been getting (in Biology, chem and physics respectively): A, A, B, B, A, B. How has everyone else done?

ReputationRep:
    They were okay but the confusion about one of the questions in the population section of the human paper was strange! Which topics did you do for each paper? If I had to guess I think the grade boundaries will be low (they usually aren't that high anyway and our papers were more difficult than previous years.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mascot of NI)
    I'll try to remember and you can tell me how youts went. I think my teacher probably had a similar opinion of me haha. I know somebody starting chemical engineering at it and they are really looking forward to the course. And thanks, you too.
    Yeah I will definitely It's so close now as well ahhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Hmmm I think they'll be more strict on the exams (especially re-sits) that the CA's so if you re-did for triple any of the 1's or 2's I expect them to have harsher marking this time (or slightly higher boundaries) - Due to there being more past papers available and better teaching structure now
    What about the unit 3s?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.