Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Got slaughtered on here once for saying it, but I never got the fuss about Eduardo. People just seemed to take a liking to him and then convinced themselves that his injury prevented him from being a 20 goal a season striker. Check out his pre-injury EPL scoring record for a start. I remember him struggling in lots of games pre-injury. He was a good squad player for us, but injury seems to make players into giants in the eyes of fans.

Spurs have had a similar thing going on with darren anderton and reckoned he was the next Pele if not for his injuries. People feel sorry for the player and people really buy into those kind of narratives. I'm guilty of it too with Rosicky/Diaby who I probably overrate because of their injuries, I still think they are borderline world class without injuries.
    I remember Eduardo, i think the reason why arsenal fans bum him so much is he represented the last time arsenal were seriously considered for the title. hes like a smell at a old house

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal fans will be encouraged to read the latest from Gonzalo Higuain's father and agent, Jorge. He's told Fox Sports Argentina that talks are set to get underway with Real Madrid after a fee - believed to be £20million - was reportedly agreed.

"We have been given permission by Real Madrid to negotiate with Arsenal."

ReputationRep:
    Got slaughtered on here once for saying it, but I never got the fuss about Eduardo. People just seemed to take a liking to him and then convinced themselves that his injury prevented him from being a 20 goal a season striker. Check out his pre-injury EPL scoring record for a start. I remember him struggling in lots of games pre-injury. He was a good squad player for us, but injury seems to make players into giants in the eyes of fans.

Spurs have had a similar thing going on with darren anderton and reckoned he was the next Pele if not for his injuries. People feel sorry for the player and people really buy into those kind of narratives. I'm guilty of it too with Rosicky/Diaby who I probably overrate because of their injuries, I still think they are borderline world class without injuries.
    Another reason he got hype is he cost less than half what spurs payed for Darren bent t the same time and people loved trying to rub it in as shown by the Eduardo silva arsenals number 9 song

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...nal-deal-close

Looks like the deal will hopefully be wrapped up this week.

ReputationRep:
    Why is frimpong still here Surely there's some stupid team we can offload him to.

ReputationRep:

Tbf rosicky has shown his quality but he's pretty old now. Antonio di natale is another prime example, diaby is young and has shown glimpses of his quality but I think when on form he's a quality player.

Darren anderton, I'm guessing that's because of that wondergoal he scored. Remember danny rose as well.

ReputationRep:
    Now obviously this isn't meant to be taken as a definite move, but betting on Luis Suarez to Arsenal has been suspended.
    Thoughts on him at Arsenal?
    Definitely think he has the quality and in terms of footballing attitude, I think he's fine bar the theatrics (he works hard for the team etc)
    It's just the nastier parts of his personality that put heavy doubt in my mind and you really can't forget everything he's been involved in.
    No player greater than the club and all that, so I wouldn't wanna risk him putting our club into disrepute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    Now obviously this isn't meant to be taken as a definite move, but betting on Luis Suarez to Arsenal has been suspended.
    Thoughts on him at Arsenal?
    Definitely think he has the quality and in terms of footballing attitude, I think he's fine bar the theatrics (he works hard for the team etc)
    It's just the nastier parts of his personality that put heavy doubt in my mind and you really can't forget everything he's been involved in.
    No player greater than the club and all that, so I wouldn't wanna risk him putting our club into disrepute.

The signing of Higuain confirms the Sun's rumour was total BS. Where would he play? On the left? He wants to be the main striker. he wont get that at Arsenal. I thought life in England was unbearable

Would I have him have at Arsenal? No way. We would just be a stepping stone for his move to Spain. I don't want Arsenal to get bullied by LS. He successfully conned Liverpool fans to defend him to the hilt, they looked like right clowns when he started talking about a move.

ReputationRep:
    Coquelin heading on loan to Freiberg with option to make permanent apparently. Ruthless stuff. Bet AW would send Chamakh to Siberia if he could

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...nal-deal-close

Getting excited now

Hope gets announced in next 1-2 days

ReputationRep:
    betting sites have suspended bets/\,. Hope this for real this time.

Any further movement on bender?

ReputationRep:
    What's up with the barrage of negs? All seem like perfectly reasonable posts. Anyway, glad we're close to sealing the Higuain deal but I'm wondering why it's only a three year deal. Hes only 25, something smells a little fishy. I hope we keep this guy through his peak.

(Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    What's up with the barrage of negs? All seem like perfectly reasonable posts. Anyway, glad we're close to sealing the Higuain deal but I'm wondering why it's only a three year deal. Hes only 25, something smells a little fishy. I hope we keep this guy through his peak.
    When a series of posts seem to be getting negged for no reason at all, it's probably by some serial negger with nothing better to do. I wouldn't worry too much about this, those sorts of members tend to have 0 rep power anyway.

The Higuain deal looks to be completed over the next couple of days, then. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    What's gonna happen with santos? Are we gonna be stuck with him till the end of his contract? That's like nearly 3 more years. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to chant "Higgy Higgy Higgy, can't you see? Sometimes your goals just hypnotise me"

(Original post by goofymark13)
    What's gonna happen with santos? Are we gonna be stuck with him till the end of his contract? That's like nearly 3 more years. :eek:
    My understanding of the situation is that we don't really want him here, he doesn't want to be here, but the clubs that want him can't afford his wages. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    can we bust out the champs then lads, looks like a done deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Can't wait to chant "Higgy Higgy Higgy, can't you see? Sometimes your goals just hypnotise me"
    That was amazing :laugh: repped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    My understanding of the situation is that we don't really want him here, he doesn't want to be here, but the clubs that want him can't afford his wages. :sadnod:
    I'd gladly subsidize his wages myself if it meant that fat **** would drag his ass somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    Anelka to WBA. Didn't see that one coming.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.