Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zonkfrog)
    Been there. You just want a cuddle but say something stupid and then you've upset everyone and made yourself worse
    I quite angrily said "can you not hear that" about the rain, and he has hearing problems :getmecoat:
    Hope your ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luno)
    You watched Dodgeball at school for PE?! That's amazing! Watching it would have been so much more fun... then again playing it was also quite fun because no one took it seriously
    Hell to the yeah :yep:
    Apparently because it was exercise related it was acceptable to watch it at the end of term and stuff

I dont think my group were ever aloud to play dodgeball itself, we would have hurt each other most likely :yep: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just getting down thoughts/ feelings, you can read it if you can be arsed

Spoiler:
    Show
    feeling very odd tonight, not sure if it's good or bad. A year a go I was in a full time job, earning money doing a course I loved with great friends and a happy family, saying bye to my brother who was off to china for a year. I was happier than I had been in a long while.
    This year I have no job, failed the degree I loved, with no friends, my brother is away for another year or 2, my sister Iain a horrible relationship and is having a kid with a horrible person. My step dad wants me to move out of the house ASAP and my mum has no time for me because she's working all the hours god sends to pay for my step dads hobby.
    The only good thing in my life currently is my boyfriend. I don't even know why he's with me. I'm a horrible girlfriend and a mess, both physically and mentally.

He doesn't even know but I freak out whenhe kisses parts of me as it triggers memories, I panic when I'm left alone with his family, and I feel so lonely when he sleeps during the day. I'm so selfish.

My behaviour is getting worse I'm slowly destroying myself, and I can't even stop. He's so supportive of me, and helps me out so much. He deserves better.

I'm selfish with my sister, because I'm feeling so low I want all my mums attention, but my sister is getting it, and I try to steal my mum away, she's even turning down work to set aside days when I go back home, because I want her to, not because she wants to, because I'm forcing her to.

My boyfriends mum is also being so nice to me, she's taking me up to the drs tomorrow so I can try and get more meds, she doesn't need to do that at all! I don't deserve help and I certainly don't deserve support.

I know people will read this and see it as a moan, but it's genuinely how I feel, I don't know how the **** to deal with all these thoughts and feelings, it's so ****ing hard. I just don't know anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Fell and smashed my knee in the shower today and I have another day of teambuilding activities that will probably require a hell of a lot of movement. Really not looking forward to it but I can't sit out as I'm supposed to be the one getting everyone involved.

Weighed myself this morning and i'm finally (and healthily) starting to lose my mirtazapine weight at a consistent kinda pace so that's perked me up a little. I'm hoping that the next two weeks of strenuous activities will get me back into the rhythm of working out daily.

Still having to use all my energy to avoid another relapse though. I'm hoping I'll be okay once I'm away at camp on Monday or that I'll be too tired to do anything about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    UNDER THE SEA! UNDER THE SEA! LIFE IS MUCH BETTER DOWN WHERE IT'S WETTER, TAKE IT FROM ME! :banana:

:getmecoat:

I don't randomly bring Disney songs into conversation IRL too. Promise :ninja:
    It's all good!! :lol:

I always do song references in real life

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Back from holiday now, had a good time Sorry these replies are so late!

(Original post by rmhumphries)
    Wtf! Seriously, I think you are in good contention for having the most useless medical person.

Yes you do need the level of DLA you get. Given mine and SW's application for DLA, I would be surprised if there is even one person on DLA who is on a level too high. You are not lying, nor are are weak or pathetic. Listen to people who you trust, as opposed to the idiot you unfortunately got at the CMHT.

Lastly, at a point where you are hopefully feeling better, get someone to help you make a complaint, as I don't think a person like that should have the job they do.
    She was definitely up there with the most useless I've ever seen... I know, I talked to my girlfriend about my DLA, and she helped calm me down because I didn't actually lie on the form, and I was honest, so I should of got the right level. She's kinda put me off the CMHT in general, but trying to tell myself that not everyone will be like that. And yeah, I will be making a complaint when I feel more up to it

(Original post by moonkatt)
    I'd go back to the GP who made the referral and tell them what this nurse was like with you and ask to be referred again but to someone different. You have every right to ask this, I can't believe someone working in mental health would be like this. It just sound so unprofessional and dismissive. The mental health trust should have a PALS team who you could complain to, which I think you should. I'm sick of hearing about useless nurses, they make the rest of us look bad.
    I'm going back to the GP next week, so I should be able to talk to her again about the referral and see what she thinks. Yeah, I found details of the PALS, so I will make a complaint at some point. I agree, I've seen lots of good nurses, she was just the exception - well, that's what I'm trying to tell myself anyway!

(Original post by superwolf)
    :eek: That woman deserves a punch in the face! Definitely definitely complain about her, because not only is she rude, she's also dangerous being in a job working with vulnerable people. I mean just seeing her once has made you want to go off your meds, so imagine what she could be doing to people she sees more often!

Also I find making complaints when merited helps me feel better about what's happened, as you're not passively becoming a victim, you're doing something and standing up for yourself.
    I know I feel sorry for her clients, she must be a nightmare... Yep, sometimes a good old complaint is all you need! I'll get my girlfriend to help me right it, as I'm so uselessly unassertive. Just feel a bit put off by it really, it's a new area and my first contact with them is rubbish, I just hope not everyone is like that.

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    That is so ****ing unprofessional. I'm so shocked but not surprised because I think I remember you saying people have been similar ****ty towards you before. Please don't think you're a lying attention-seeking weak pathetic person: you're none of those things whatsoever. That woman you saw was a complete ***** and didn't know what she was talking about :no:

Sorry this message is so delayed - was out of town with no TSR access, so only just seen this :jumphug:
    Thank you. That's what I'm trying to tell myself, I just get really paranoid over being an attention seeker - I'm worried I am one all the time!

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: You're not making things up, don't doubt yourself and don't listen to that complete *****. What a moron how does someone like that even keep their job in this area?

If you think increasing the quetiapine will help you should give it a go.

Is there anything you can do to calm the voices down? I dunno some loud favorite music or something?
    Thanks. Yeah I may give it a go, I'm gonna talk to my GP about it. Yeah I usually do listen to loud music if they get too much. They've been a bit better since getting back from holiday though, so that's good.

(Original post by htc one s)
    definitely take the medication, at the end of the day her opinion doesn't mean anything, you should take care of the problem
    Thanks, don't worry, I doubt my girlfriend would let me stop them anyway!

__

Hope everyone is okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Aching all over, extremely exhausted, got to go to the ward I was staying in before the birth for a ward round meeting. I have already had to phone them twice in the past few days due to not coping. I feel like I'm ready to be discharged from the unit now but I need to make sure the proper mental health support is put in place for me. I feel like I'm going to get PND.

ReputationRep:
    And here was I joining this website so I could get more information and help about my school work and there's all these members looking out for each other. That makes me think that joining was a good decision
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by HmMusic)
    Aching all over, extremely exhausted, got to go to the ward I was staying in before the birth for a ward round meeting. I have already had to phone them twice in the past few days due to not coping. I feel like I'm ready to be discharged from the unit now but I need to make sure the proper mental health support is put in place for me. I feel like I'm going to get PND.
    :hugs: Try not to presume the worst. The fact that you're aware of the high risk and vulnerability towards getting PND would be half the battle won, if you DO end up getting it (not saying you will). My limited understanding of the issue is that many women suffer in silence or don't realise that something is wrong and needs medical attention. So if you can get a support system in place, likeliness is either that you won't get it, or that IF you get it it can be addressed/tackled very quickly indeed, at the early stages :hugs:

(Original post by mhairicolette)
    And here was I joining this website so I could get more information and help about my school work and there's all these members looking out for each other. That makes me think that joining was a good decision
    Welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhairicolette)
    Hello and welcome! I'm glad it's made a good impression on you and there will be atleast someone here to help you if you need it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Hello and welcome! I'm glad it's made a good impression on you and there will be atleast someone here to help you if you need it
    brilliant, always good to have somewhere to come talk if you need to
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Phone call half way through job interview telling me I've got a mental health act assessment in 30 mins. You'll know what happened if I don't report back
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Phone call half way through job interview telling me I've got a mental health act assessment in 30 mins. You'll know what happened if I don't report back
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    So I have a drs appointment on Monday which will hopefully give me meds, we have another meeting on Tuesday :ninja:

But I'm terrified as I meet the boyfriends grandma tomorrow and all his family friends on Saturday :eek:

I'm feeling a bit better than last night, possibly eating has helped as well maybe :ninja:

Just want to hide this weekend though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They're at the door :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!! :hugs: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Girly stuff, beware.

Spoiler:
    Show
    why the **** did my idiot doctor take me off the pill? She said if I wasn't using it as contraception then the blood clot risk is unjustifiably high... but that totally ignores the fact that being on my period is totally incapacitating. Am not sure anyone who hasn't experienced this stuff realises how triggering it is to bleed a ****tonne without any warning or predictability. Adding to that a ****load of pain really does wonders to make ptsd more bearable... gotta love pain triggered flashbacks. I can't deal with this and it's just making me want to die. Even though I know it will be over in a week or so and I can lie if that is what's necessary to get the pill, I just can't do it anymore. I don't know how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    Girly stuff, beware.

Spoiler:
    Show
    why the **** did my idiot doctor take me off the pill? She said if I wasn't using it as contraception then the blood clot risk is unjustifiably high... but that totally ignores the fact that being on my period is totally incapacitating. Am not sure anyone who hasn't experienced this stuff realises how triggering it is to bleed a ****tonne without any warning or predictability. Adding to that a ****load of pain really does wonders to make ptsd more bearable... gotta love pain triggered flashbacks. I can't deal with this and it's just making me want to die. Even though I know it will be over in a week or so and I can lie if that is what's necessary to get the pill, I just can't do it anymore. I don't know how.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Is there not another form you can look at that isnt the pill? Because its totally unfair to leave you in that situation. Is there a dr that understands all the PTSD stuff that you could talk to about other options which would help you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    Girly stuff, beware.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've been suffering the exact same for the last two days. So painful I passed out last night. It's horrific and you have my sympathies.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.