Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    This applies to every course.

I'm asking whether or not the other applicants will have much higher grades than me. For example, to do an arts degree at Oxford you need AAA but many people who apply have much higher.
    My reply was in response to you saying you already hv AAB and whether you hv a chance given that almost everyone else who will be admitted or offered a place will hv predicted grades of at least AAB. So, the answer is Yes, you will be one of those with the minimum grades required and many will hv grades higher than yours, obviously since yoirs is the minimum.

ReputationRep:
    Does LSE Economics ask for UMS scores? Is it similar to Cambridge as in they send out a SAQ?

Also, Is it just Maths and Econ scores or all of your AS levels?

Any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infinity5)
    IN!!! Dreams coming true people! Ready for you London ..will see you soon people!
    Course: BMS
    Hall: Bankside
    Same as me :p:D I have a space in a twin ensuite @ £141.05 which I think is the bigger of the twin ensuite rooms on off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econam)
    Does LSE Economics ask for UMS scores? Is it similar to Cambridge as in they send out a SAQ?

Also, Is it just Maths and Econ scores or all of your AS levels?

Any help would be much appreciated
    Individual maths/further maths ums scores are asked (I.e. D1-98 ums, c1-90 ums etc.)
    Then you also get asked what ums you got overall for all ur other subjects (I.e. Economics-198/200 ums).
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitzy09)
    Individual maths/further maths ums scores are asked (I.e. D1-98 ums, c1-90 ums etc.)
    Then you also get asked what ums you got overall for all ur other subjects (I.e. Economics-198/200 ums).
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perfect - thank you

Has there been any correlation between averages and acceptances such as that in Cambridge? Ie. What would be good scores to be competitive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going LSEEE... so excited, even though i missed the grades that i needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopDog123)
    I'm going LSEEE... so excited, even though i missed the grades that i needed
    Which course?
    Congrats btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econam)
    Perfect - thank you

Has there been any correlation between averages and acceptances such as that in Cambridge? Ie. What would be good scores to be competitive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they would like to see 90+ in the maths/fm modules (especially in the core ones). Your ums in the other subjects dont matter as much I dont think but obviously the higher the better but yh id say the maths scores are the ones they mostly look at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whocares1)
    Anyone doing PPE?
    Me

ReputationRep:
    I got into LSE today but wondered if I could retake an A-level module while studying there?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone looking to buy the first year books for EC102, MA100 and GY100 let me know. I just finished first year so I don't need them anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    I got into LSE today but wondered if I could retake an A-level module while studying there?
    Why? Chill and move on. Your hands going to be full with new stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    Same as me :p:D I have a space in a twin ensuite @ £141.05 which I think is the bigger of the twin ensuite rooms on off.
    That is awesome!! It so great to meet classmates in advance
    So..what are you up to?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I got into LSE yesterday for Maths with Eco.
    I got A*A*A.
    They said if you've got in then LSE will email you, and that you don't need to do anything.
    But they haven't emailed me so should I be worried or is everyone else the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentalMath)
    Hello,
    I got into LSE yesterday for Maths with Eco.
    I got A*A*A.
    They said if you've got in then LSE will email you, and that you don't need to do anything.
    But they haven't emailed me so should I be worried or is everyone else the same?
    Just chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitzy09)
    I think they would like to see 90+ in the maths/fm modules (especially in the core ones). Your ums in the other subjects dont matter as much I dont think but obviously the higher the better but yh id say the maths scores are the ones they mostly look at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright that sounds great!

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you know are there any LSE student who are willing to share their personal statement? I would like to have a read on it just to get an idea as I'm really clueless to start. Very much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    Why? Chill and move on. Your hands going to be full with new stuff.
    Yeah I understand completely but got 100 in core 3 and then 70 in core 4. If it were another subject id accept it but because it's maths, it's playing on my mind.

ReputationRep:
    It can be a ego thing. But nothing wrong with that
    Received email re: accomodation

ReputationRep:
    I have a room at WBSA and willing to swap it for a single ensuite at another LSE hall. PM if interested

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.