Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asr11)
    It wouldn't have been a bad punt, Mourinho was always going to be more defensive against Arsenal and there's always a chance of a assist/header against a not so good Leicester defence.
    Was considering getting Cahill instead of Fabregas but I was worried Mourinho would start Zouma against Leicester :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Through a ridiculously unfortunate set of circumstances, I managed to lose 66-69 to an inactive opponent on H2H.
    He basically had over 20 points on his bench; all who got subbed on...obviously.

66 points is hardly good considering i had 6DGW players, but I did somehow still move up a good few places on the main league.

I was checking transfers out yesterday - does anybody know why Cazorla has just had a huge price drop?
    He isn't injured and he's been playing 90 minutes; I was gonna bring him in but am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 transfers I can make this week.

Do I:

- Bring in Ramsey and Benteke and remove Silva and Murray.

- Bring in Sanchez for Bolasie.

So I could have:

Myhill
    O'Shea Terry Bertrand
    Sanchez Hazard Silva Coutinho
    Murray Kane Aguero

or:

Myhill
    O'Shea Terry Bertrand
    Ramsey Hazard Silva Coutinho
    Benteke Kane Aguero

ReputationRep:
    Had to get an Arsenal mid in to prepare for the double. Opted for Ozil but can never be certain which one of our mids will be amongst the points lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What 3 Arsenal players are people getting? Personally i'm going for Kos, Giroud and Ramsey instead of Sanchez to make up ground.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asr11)
    What 3 Arsenal players are people getting? Personally i'm going for Kos, Giroud and Ramsey instead of Sanchez to make up ground.
    Double defence and Giroud. Arsenal midfield is an absolute minefield for points, too widely distributed, whereas they will surely keep clean sheets in all the home games

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've brought in Giroud this week since Arsenal's final games are pretty easy enough.

Bit annoying since I don't like to double up so much. Got 2 Chelsea attackers and 2 Arsenal attacks now.

Sterling would be the logical captain since QPR suck but Liverpool have been so bad lately. Hull might put in another good performance against Arsenal so I've captained Hazard on the basis that Chelsea will want to destroy them to win the title..

ReputationRep:
    Can we all just have a minute of silence for Newcastle fans?

they really don't deserve this - i should know.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Can we all just have a minute of silence for Newcastle fans?

they really don't deserve this - i should know.
    Newcastle were 17 points ahead of Leicester the last time they picked up a point. Today it'll be down to 1.

ReputationRep:
    Transferred in Morgan last night, finally a gamble in FPL pays off for me lol :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Newcastle were 17 points ahead of Leicester the last time they picked up a point. Today it'll be down to 1.
    it's absolutely ridiculous.

i didn't think they were in danger before, but what if sunderland beat soton which is a real possibility?

that would make it:

Newcastle 35 (P35)
    Hull 34 (P34)
    Leicester 34 (P35)
    Sunderland 33 (P34)
    ----------------
    Villa 32 (P34, but they play today)

suddenly you have hull, leicester and villa who have all been decent recently and all who i would count on finishing above newcastle.

for all we know it might just end up being the two north east rivals battling it out to avoid relegation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Transferred in Morgan last night, finally a gamble in FPL pays off for me lol :cool:
    Was going to transfer him in for the DGW but thought that Chelsea would run riot and wouldn't have wanted him for after that as I don't trust the Leicester defence. All I can say is 'meh'. I considered it but thought better of it. I was wrong. Time to move on.

ReputationRep:
    Things are much worse for Newcastle than I anticipated above.

Villa winning, Sunderland winning.
    They're in trouble. Big trouble.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely livid at Liverpool right now. Stampie G missing the pen which would have earned Skrtel an assist and then conceding a goal and then Sterling missing an open goal

The double Leicester def is the only thing keeping my score in double figures.

ReputationRep:
    Myhill on bench.

Oh well Benteke came in this week for me and Coutinho did well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Incredible. 9 saves, a clean sheet and a penalty save from Myhill. 17 points. Suck on that, life!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 points today.

Myhill has 14 but he's on my bench. I honestly give up with this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Was going to transfer him in for the DGW but thought that Chelsea would run riot and wouldn't have wanted him for after that as I don't trust the Leicester defence. All I can say is 'meh'. I considered it but thought better of it. I was wrong. Time to move on.
    Yeah, funny how things work out on FPL, you win some, you lose some. On the one hand I brought in Morgan last night, on the other hand I had a choice between Pantillimon and Myhill, and I went for Pantillimon, it was a close call, something inside was telling me Pulis's West Brom would maybe sneak a 1-0 today, but I decided in the end that surely United would manage to score at least a goal against them and I was wrong and to make things worse, Myhill goes and saves a penalty, makes 9 saves and will get all 3 bonus points which means with bonus points he'll be on 17 :eek:

Bugger :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Myhill on my bench. Please bench Ospina for whatever reason Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I have 3 points today.

Myhill has 14 but he's on my bench. I honestly give up with this season.
    On my bench too

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.