Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm really nervous about Sunday. Aguero and Silva will cut our defence up like ribbons. Hopefully we can grab an early first goal. We've beaten them once already this season, hopefully we can do it again. How I would love to see Klopp winning a trophy in a few short months at the helm...

ReputationRep:
    They really wont

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomMaslen)
    what does YNWA mean?
    You'll Never Walk Alone (comes up in a google search tbh).

(Original post by The.Joker)
    I'm really nervous about Sunday. Aguero and Silva will cut our defence up like ribbons. Hopefully we can grab an early first goal. We've beaten them once already this season, hopefully we can do it again. How I would love to see Klopp winning a trophy in a few short months at the helm...
    You never know what Man City side will show up.

However Man City have been awful against the "big teams" this season. If you look at a mini-table between Man City, Leicester, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, and Spurs for league games, they have won no games from the 8 they have played (2 draws, 5 losses).

ReputationRep:
    Yh City have been poor in the big games and we have beaten them in the past two meetings. But this is a cup final and I'm not so sure if we will win tbh, actually pessimistic on this one. Depends on which City turn up but they have all of Toure, Silva, Aguero and Kompany this time round.

As for the EL draw, I want Dortmund, that game will be so good. Don't want United as I can't take inevitably losing to them again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Yh City have been poor in the big games and we have beaten them in the past two meetings. But this is a cup final and I'm not so sure if we will win tbh, actually pessimistic on this one. Depends on which City turn up but they have all of Toure, Silva, Aguero and Kompany this time round.

As for the EL draw, I want Dortmund, that game will be so good. Don't want United as I can't take inevitably losing to them again.
    On the basis that they will play Yaya Toure in midfield, I think we can dominate the middle of the park with our energy and running. That hopefully then means we can feed Coutinho/Firmino more to create chances or Sturridge to show his clinical abilities.

Our problem is Silva picking up the ball for Aguero or Kolorov getting the ball into the box from crosses.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Jamie Carragher will be sitting down with Noel Gallagher for an interview ahead of the Capital One Cup final this weekend. Must watch!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Liverpool v Man Utd.

ReputationRep:
    United (home first leg).

ReputationRep:
    We're out. we're *****er than Man Utd, and they did a double over us in the league. Can't see that changing. We scrapped past Augsburg too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Huge. Huge. Huge.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs vs Dortmund and Liverpool vs United. Great games!

ReputationRep:
    Well that didn't take long..

Huge game and the atmosphere could be amazing.

Could be these be the ties that see LVG get sacked or become a hero?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the days when those two used to fight for the title. Now they'll fight for a place in a European quarter final.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs and Dortmund is going to be so tasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Really hope we get United.
    They're so hyped after beating some unknowns so the shock when Sturridge rapes them would be tasty
    Called it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Ah, the days when those two used to fight for the title. Now they'll fight for a place in a European quarter final.
    Shame really since you lose the whole European element of it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    City (cup final)
    City (h)
    United (a)
    United (h) (EL)
    United (a) (EL)

What a 20 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    City (cup final)
    City (h)
    United (a)
    United (h) (EL)
    United (a) (EL)

What a 20 days.
    Damn Imagine you lose all those games. It would be heartbreaking, especially losing to United twice in a row and 4 times this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Damn Imagine you lose all those games. It would be heartbreaking, especially losing to United twice in a row and 4 times this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The worst thing is both games will likely be low scoring with United clinching it on away goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    City (cup final)
    City (h)
    United (a)
    United (h) (EL)
    United (a) (EL)

What a 20 days.
    You mean Palace not United.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.