Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleSquid)
    guys i've seen loads of people post about how they do a mock the day before their real exam and then get stressed out

therefore, take my advice - DON'T do mocks the day before your real exam
    do a mock maybe 2 days before and use that day to properly go through your answers to learn from your mistakes
    then use your last day to only do practice questions - a few from each section to keep your brain warmed up and re-familiarise yourself with the style of questions that can come up

taking a mock the day before and getting a low result can really stress you out and cause you to panic which isn't a great mindset for the actual exam
    if you do a mock 2 days before then you will feel calmer even if you get a low score as you still have time to keep practising, even if it's just an extra day

feeling calmer on the day of your actual test is such an advantage as it'll help you think clearly especially during the first section (VR) which can be very pressurised
    Thanks for your advice. I was legit thinking of doing a mock the day before but I've decided now to just do practice questions, relax and have an early night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    This is one of the best responses with regards to AR. I wanted to write patterns down too but realised that I actually am getting better because I'm remembering them now. I feel like some of them come to me subconsciously.
    Thank you! I see a lot of bad advice floating around on here, maybe it's personal preference but I was also writing them down just for the sake of doing something. Then signed up to Medify and so I was constantly busy with practice and didn't write any down. Indeed, your brain will become adjusted to finding what it wants to after being pushed so hard with only that. But yes, I scored well in AR and that's my advice. Appreciate your comments!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archie2004)
    Are the UKCAT mocks on the website anything like the real thing?! I have done terribly on the two that I have done on there. Please tell me they're way harder!
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    I feel this too but haven't sat exam yet so can't comment unfortunately
    Yeah they're much harder according to everyone's real result when compared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFCBP)
    Sorry, wait, what actually is the glitch you're saying exists?
    when using ukcat ninja dont subscribe to there services, you can use the free trial and then still be able to access questions after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Yeah they're much harder according to everyone's real result when compared.
    squishy... your eyes are soo nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archie2004)
    Are the UKCAT mocks on the website anything like the real thing?! I have done terribly on the two that I have done on there. Please tell me they're way harder!
    From what I've heard the VR is harder, QR is much easier and AR is about the same/slightly easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys My weakest section is VR and Im good at both QR and AR but my best is AR. Do you think Knowing every pattern in Medify from the practice questions and Mocks can help me get 800+ cause im really hoping this section can help avg out my VR score.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i have very poor internet access and im findinf it difficult to search each uni and their requirements.
    I have 5A*s 4As in GCSEs
    A*A*A in A-levels
    620 Avg band 2 ukcat

Im a re-applicant as i got rejected preinterview last year.
    Please can someone advice me on where i should apply. Any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niraxas)
    Guys My weakest section is VR and Im good at both QR and AR but my best is AR. Do you think Knowing every pattern in Medify from the practice questions and Mocks can help me get 800+ cause im really hoping this section can help avg out my VR score.
    Don't memorise EVERY pattern ffs, only the ones that frequently come up or are likely to come up in the exam. Some of the Medify patters are complete nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a209150)
    Hi guys i have very poor internet access and im findinf it difficult to search each uni and their requirements.
    I have 5A*s 4As in GCSEs
    A*A*A in A-levels
    620 Avg band 2 ukcat

Please can someone advice me on where i should apply. Any help would be appreciated
    BMAT

ReputationRep:
    I have 5A*s 4As in GCSEs
    A*A*A in A-levels
    620 Avg band 2 ukcat

Don't just go for the BMAT like the other guy said. Try looking at entry requirements and selection procedure. See how they weigh applicants. Your UKCAT is decent but great enough to be used to boost ur application. Your GCSEs and A-levels are quite very good so look at universities who take preference and account of people with good A-levels and GCSEs. I would also apply to some bmat if u want to, UCL might be a good option.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else find the AR questions in the official ukcat mock B and C much harder than the medify and kaplan (online) ones ,exams tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a medify acc Im willing to give away, valid until 5th Oct, so quite some time, Ive completed the mocks on it so you cant do them but it has an extensive bank of questions that you can cycle through, only if you genuinely need it, hover over my name and send me a private message.

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT is tomorrow! Any last minute tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoggie98)
    Anyone else find the AR questions in the official ukcat mock B and C much harder than the medify and kaplan (online) ones ,exams tomorrow...
    I couldn't do mock B AR lmao it made me want to cry I think I got 550 as I guessed pretty much all of them, I'm putting loads of practice in rn to try and improve. I used medify too and I find AR on that quite mixed like sometimes easy and sometimes impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    UKCAT is tomorrow! Any last minute tips?
    Wake up early and before going to the test centre only revise AR, you'll find your'e not on point as you were in the upcoming days, it'll take a few sets for you to get back into the swing, this was invaluable for me!!! If i went and did AR without this I would of got lower than 820

ReputationRep:
    Thank You for you reply... But can you suggest some unis that i should apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    Wake up early and before going to the test centre only revise AR, you'll find your'e not on point as you were in the upcoming days, it'll take a few sets for you to get back into the swing, this was invaluable for me!!! If i went and did AR without this I would of got lower than 820
    Well done on the AR I can't do it lol. I'm predicting myself (optimistically)
    VR - 630
    QR-720
    AR-580
    SJ- 2

Let's see how it turns out lmao. I want to be a doctor so bad but a part of me has just given up on ukcat - I've never been so opposite of motivated before. Thanks though.

ReputationRep:
    Thank You for you reply... But can you suggest some unis that i should apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not entirely sure, take a gander at the ukcat cut off scores and application process from last year.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the ukcat mock C? I got 600 on AR. Found it pretty harder than the Medify mock 2 and 1( somehow managed to get 700 each on AR). Also made a few silly mistakes on mock C but even then that would have only got me 650 max which isnt enough as i struggle with VR. Mock 2 QR was slightly easier in terms of difficulty but quite lengthy hence i guessed quite a few (650).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.