Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Yeah it's really good, I've seen all of it Watching that as well as The League is what got me in to American Football in the first place.
    I powered through season 1 over about 2 weeks and just started season 2. I'm such a sucker for American football films and shows, have you seen the Friday Night Lights film? That's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK)
    I powered through season 1 over about 2 weeks and just started season 2. I'm such a sucker for American football films and shows, have you seen the Friday Night Lights film? That's awesome.
    I haven't actually, only because I heard about it after starting the show, and apparently its not as good so I'm not too fussed. But yeah FNL is so good, and Tyra and Lyla :coma: I really do recommend The League, its probably only about 20% football but it really is hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    I have the under for the Ravens Game and the Packers tonight. I hope they pull through.

ReputationRep:
    Holiday. What a freeking animal.

ReputationRep:
    Up to now, the broncos/ravens game is epic!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Just joined Broncos v Ravens! That is why I can't see past Peyton Manning and the Broncos for the Superbowl!

ReputationRep:
    This is a great game!

ReputationRep:
    THIS GAME IS INCREDIBLE.

Come on Baltimore! Bring that AFC Championship to Foxboro!

ReputationRep:
    Whoa Flacco did it, going to OT. I just wish I was at home to see the first three quarters :/

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Awful defence but a fine throw by Flacco.

ReputationRep:
    I just woke up, that play was fudging disgusting for the Broncos! If they go out I'll be unbelievably pissed!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, the Broncos can **** off. They should have tried to score rather take a knee. Only needed to be in field goal range with timeouts remaining. Too much fear of something going wrong... And now they're on the back foot at the start of OT with Ravens having the ball. Serves them right.

ReputationRep:
    this game is so good... :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    this game is so good... :drool:
    Not when you've got £5 on Bronco's to win the Superbowl, and it fudges your accumulator at the first point of asking, this game is disastrous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Oh, the Broncos can **** off. They should have tried to score rather take a knee. Only needed to be in field goal range with timeouts remaining. Too much fear of something going wrong... And now they're on the back foot at the start of OT with Ravens having the ball. Serves them right.
    Personally I would do the following:

Run clock to 1 second and call Timeout. Throw desperate Hail Mary.

You can understand them being scared of an interception if Manning forces intermediate throws into a (generally) talented Ravens secondary. But the Hail Mary which in turn expires the clock would be worth the effort IMO. Even if its picked off, they would be on their arse way down field anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd have drawn an over celebration penalty when Flacco got sacked! :party:

Come on Broncos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Authority_Song)
    Personally I would do the following:

Run clock to 1 second and call Timeout. Throw desperate Hail Mary.

You can understand them being scared of an interception if Manning forces intermediate throws into a (generally) talented Ravens secondary. But the Hail Mary which in turn expires the clock would be worth the effort IMO. Even if its picked off, they would be on their arse way down field anyway.
    No, I can't understand fear, to be honest. You'd have faith in your side to get the job done in the first minute, so why not the last? Send your guys out there to do what they do best. Play football. It's just incredibly weak, in my opinion. I'd have had no problem with them doing what you suggest either.

I'm sure they've delayed the kick off of the other game in the past when the first game has gone to OT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    No, I can't understand fear, to be honest. You'd have faith in your side to get the job done in the first minute, so why not the last? Send your guys out there to do what they do best. Play football. It's just incredibly weak, in my opinion. I'd have had no problem with them doing what you suggest either.

I'm sure they've delayed the kick off of the other game in the past when the first game has gone to OT.
    Surely the odds of throw a hail mary pick 6 are lower than a completed hail mary, as it's basically 50/50 anyway once its up in the air.

Great pick! COME ON BALTIMORE. I want an AFC Championship rematch!

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic kick under pressure from a rookie. Everything was great about Ravens in the last few minutes starting with the phenomenal desire to tackle the Broncos player for a loss on the punt.

ReputationRep:
    Peyton chokes again :laugh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.