Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Doctor. SW
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cherrion)
I remember a while back river said she was in prison for killing a very good man. I've got a feeling that she does kill the doctor anyway at some stage. Thats my theory, its probably wrong but hey.
If she turns out to be the little girl in the astronaut suit as well then she definitely kills the doctor, as we saw it happen.
Blob2491
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't wait for the next half!
In the meantime I'm gonna re-watch Doctor Who from Tennant onwards
dunnicare
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
Well of course it's going to be obvious or disappointing if you read spoilers, trawl the internet or spend time in a spoilers and speculation thread. :facepalm2:
I feel sorry for the people that did this. I'm so glad I didn't.
squareroot1764
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When Silurian lady said about "he has risen higher than before" (or something like that) was she talking about Rory or the Doctor? Because if he has risen that means he'll fall :cry2: And if that's Rory *shakes fist*

(Original post by Colonel.)
Why was River's name on the crib? I thought it was the Doctor's crib?.
I'm guessing because the Doctor gave it to Amy and Rory, he put River/Melody's name in there.

I wonder why River takes the name of River and not Melody?
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JessicaW)
This. I am slightly disappointed, but I can admit it's probably mostly my own fault. And whether people were disappointed about River or not, it was still a really good episode.
I have to admit, regardless of the ending, I didn't really enjoy the episode. Maybe I just don't like episodes set in the future, but none of it really gelled for me. There were some good moments though I admit, and it was acted well.
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sure thats about 4 times that Balloons have either appeared or been mentioned in this series, is there something in that or am I reading too much into it???
Kieran?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
River is the Astronaut from 1969. We don't know about the 2011 Astronaut.
I really hope that she somehow doesn't turn out to be the 2011 astronaut because that would be too obvious
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didn't look at online spoilers, yet I still found the revelation fairly obvious. So there.
Satta101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But why does she kill the doctor???? (assuming that its her)
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also, maybe the crib is a timey wimey crib with no origin (like the fob watch in Lost for those who watched that) and that's why River's/Melody's name was on the crib?
JamesPen
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well Mr Moffat that wasnt predictable.......
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yoghurt)
I'm sure thats about 4 times that Balloons have either appeared or been mentioned in this series, is there something in that or am I reading too much into it???
Don't worry about reading into things. Have you not heard my obsession with finding red things in series 5 and 6?
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
Was there a trailer at the end of the episode?
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miski)
When the kid was conceived, it was exposed to the time vortex whilst on the Tardis (The wedding night when they shagged)

This episode actually tells us quite alot/hints at the origins of Time Lords which is fascinating.

They were also once a human race whose exposure to the schism/vortex on Gallifrey made them time aware
Could it be any Humanoid race?
(Original post by squareroot1764)
When Silurian lady said about "he has risen higher than before" (or something like that) was she talking about Rory or the Doctor? Because if he has risen that means he'll fall :cry2: And if that's Rory *shakes fist*

I'm guessing because the Doctor gave it to Amy and Rory, he put River/Melody's name in there.

Doesn't River say that the Doctor will rise then fall? I can't remember.
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ??????????????????)
Doesn't River say that the Doctor will rise then fall? I can't remember.
Yeah she does.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They also mentioned two Doctors again this episode. Ha.
slylee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Is that like Father Octavian and Madame Kovarian's daughter? :pierre:
Lol i just saw the name 'madame Octavian' on a reply and thought it was her^^ i meant madame Kovarian :]
Etoile
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just have to say about that last episode : O. M. G. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
shinysheep
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by squareroot1764)

Im guessing its the other way round
River - Pond
Melody - Song Maybe?
rae_
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi,

Today was the first time I have ever watched a full episode of Doctor Who and I loved it. Does anyone kne where I can watch previous episodes online?

Thanks
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.47%
No - but I will (74)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (463)
47.93%

Watched Threads