Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    awwwwww! yous too coot for life!!! its okay! she was annoying :mmm: im just emotional! :bawling:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::knudd el::knuddel::love::loveduck::lov ehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing2::k nuddel::knuddel::love::loveduck: :lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kissing 2::knuddel::knuddel::love::loved uck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie::kis sing2::knuddel::knuddel::love::l oveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lovie: :kissing2::knuddel::knuddel::lov e::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2::lo vie::kissing2::knuddel::knuddel: :love::loveduck::lovehug::lovie2 ::lovie::kissing2::knuddel::knud del::love::loveduck::lovehug::lo vie2::lovie::kissing2::knuddel:: knuddel::love::loveduck::lovehug ::lovie2::lovie:

yayayayayayayayayayay thank you sooo much!! my heart has been restored!!!!!!!! :loveduck::loveduck::loveduck::loveduck::loveduck::loveduck::lovie2::lovie2::lovie2::lovie2::lovie2::lovie2::lovie::lovie::lovie::lovie::lovie::lovedup::lovedup::lovedup2::lovedup2::lovedup2::love::love::love::lovehug::lovehug::lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the fact that it wasnt very significant made me think she wouldn't die in this episode. Shes been with doctor who for ages though i'd like a new companion now
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    This is my theory
    Spoiler:
    Show

Clara didn't die. She was transported to an alternate dimension by the Raven. Doctor finds her and saves everyone in that dimension. Doctor saves Clara. Doctor says to Clara he can't stand to see her die again. Doctor alone. Doctor alone in Christmas episode. Doctor goes bezerk in Christmas episode. Doctor realises he needs companion. Doctor finds new companion in episode 1. Cycle repeats with new companion instead of Clara.
    Sounds about right to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The "run you clever boy" cliche would've been old so they decided to throw in a twist, i.e. the Doctor says "don't run, stay with me". In the end it turns out that Doctor isn't the one who's running ("No.You stay here..." ) but it is in fact Clara.

Not a perfect episode to shut off a character, though definitely better than the terribad Amy and Rory closure we had two seasons back (s5 to mid s7 was just pointless). The plot in this episode had rough edges, probably would work better as a suspenseful two parter.

But we can all agree Murray Gold, as always, dominated Clara's final scene.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    this rosheilda person is irritating
    we have already had this girl who can't die/did die whatever before
    srsly moffat make some coherrant, original stories
    In all fairness, the concept of infinite lifespan, finite memory is entirely new to DW. And I don't think we've had someone who actually couldn't die before, besides the Time Lords - just people who died multiple times

ReputationRep:
    Leaked pic of the next episode of Doctor Who got, well, leaked.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Shows Clara again.

FFS just die pls.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    x
    You should probably put this in a spoiler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    This!

I was so afraid they'd make the whole episode when she left about her leaving. This was exactly the way I wanted her to go.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, I was seriously unimpressed - I watched a little bit of graham norton last night, and Peter Capaldi was on it, and he said that it was the end of the road for Clara. It's so ridiculous when they put massive spoilers like that in unexpected places

I don't think we saw enough about next week to know how it's going to be, so I'll reserve judgement until then.
    Don't forget to add spoiler tags! I mean it was only the other week you said this because someone confirmed that was basically given away in the preview:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Do people seriously not read the thread title? :facepalm2:Please put this in spoilers. I did not know this and you have now ruined the surprise, so I hope you are pleased with yourself
    :p:p:p:p
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Leaked pic of the next episode of Doctor Who got, well, leaked.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Shows Clara again.

FFS just die pls.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you look at this page you can see she's in the last episode of this season too. So she definitely isn't dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kool_Panda)
    Don't forget to add spoiler tags! I mean it was only the other week you said this because someone confirmed that was basically given away in the preview:

:p:p:p:p
    Huh? I mentioned something that happened in the actual episode. I don't get what your point is...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you look at this page you can see she's in the last episode of this season too. So she definitely isn't dead.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I suspect she'll be a recurring character because of that time stream thing with Matt Smith.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aula)
    Huh? I mentioned something that happened in the actual episode.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't get what your point is...
    Fixed that for you 👌

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Huh? I mentioned something that happened in the actual episode. I don't get what your point is...
    Oh, I get what you meant now!! Completely forgot Graham Norton was on a Friday. I thought you meant that Capaldi was saying that Clara was 100% dead with no chance of coming back, which would have been a spoiler in my opinion.

Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kool_Panda)
    Oh, I get what you meant now!! Completely forgot Graham Norton was on a Friday. I thought you meant that Capaldi was saying that Clara was 100% dead with no chance of coming back, which would have been a spoiler in my opinion.

Sorry
    Ohhh! Yeah, fair enough. No, that I would have put in a spoiler. Equally, had I posted about it on Friday eve I'd have spoilered it :yep:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My partner got me a tardis teapot as an anniversary present, i feel like a proper whovian now

ReputationRep:
    Lol Sherlock is meeting doctor who right now. Good episode so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    personally i am really looking forward to next weeks episode now

ReputationRep:
    I thought 'Heaven Sent' was excellent, the final bit reminded me of the ending to White Bear (the Black Mirror episode), the ideas in this episode were very bold and the acting from Capaldi was outstanding, My only quibble was Clara's cameo didn't add anything (especially when this episode was billed as Capaldi on his own) but everything else was really well done and sets up next week's finale (hopefully it delivers).
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hugs31)
    I thought 'Heaven Sent' was excellent, the final bit reminded me of the ending to White Bear (the Black Mirror episode), the ideas in this episode were very bold and the acting from Capaldi was outstanding, My only quibble was Clara's cameo didn't add anything (especially when this episode was billed as Capaldi on his own) but everything else was really well done and sets up next week's finale (hopefully it delivers).
    I think it did. Through the years The Doctor has had many companions and he always seems to bounce back from losing them. But this year the running theme has been the curse of immortality. I think her cameo was another way of showing how hard he actually takes it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    personally i am really looking forward to next weeks episode now
    Next Saturday can't come any quicker

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.