Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    Cynicism, woohoo! I hope that cynicism does mean being cynical, if not... ignore that first sentence!
    yes it does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    haha I don't want to go to my Sixth Form, it sucks, and I need to meet new people, preferably so I can meet someone who is of the right sexuality:moon: #MyProblems
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    i hate when stuff happens like this. But I also hate when people are naturally gifted at a subject to the extent they take the mick. Someone in the last French Writing got an A*, better than me, and the first time they saw the questions was when they sat down to do it. It makes me angry because I work for what I achieve
    I disagree with that bit

Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't work directly for my speaking the other week, yet I got full marks... Doesn't mean I don't deserve it :/ because obviously I did...

Same with Geography and that in exams...

Not saying I'm naturally gifted but not everyone has to slave away for them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Your posts are so dramatic lol

Ensure that I didn't stay at my current school
    Ah, at least I won't have that problem, I can't stay at my school even if I wanted to!

(Original post by Jina)
    Hahaha it's not mean... She's an ex-friend. :P I hope so too, though in their school they get to talk in their exams. -_- Urgh, life isn't fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh good, I didn't want to come across as excessively mean again! :emo: TALK!? What about the invigilators? Aren't they external?

i hate when stuff happens like this. But I also hate when people are naturally gifted at a subject to the extent they take the mick. Someone in the last French Writing got an A*, better than me, and the first time they saw the questions was when they sat down to do it. It makes me angry because I work for what I achieve
    I wouldn't say it's taking the mick, personally, I would actually do that if I still had to do French writing controlled assessments next year, as I don't need to do well in those.

(Original post by Jina)
    Lol I'm a very dramatic person... I'm true to this in real life more so. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    #GirlsSchool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    This! Arghhhh! Haha I know people who never revise, yesterday one got nearly an A for her French speaking havin revised the night before. They're so naturally gifted and they know it. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep, especially for something I'm not that good at If it's like RS (which I can do 5 minutes revision for and get between A and B depending on the questions) but for like French or English
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What's up, peeps? I just had a wonderful 2 hour nap after a couple hours at my local charity shop. How is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Posting this to see my phone signature

Using the TSR app ~ Smile, you are amazing!

ReputationRep:
    yes it does
    Ok good, I'm so glad I wasn't endorsing some obscene practice!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jina)
    This! Arghhhh! Haha I know people who never revise, yesterday one got nearly an A for her French speaking havin revised the night before. They're so naturally gifted and they know it. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or, they've been taking French for eight years prior to their Standard Grades (GCSEs) like moi :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, at least I won't have that problem, I can't stay at my school even if I wanted to!
    Why not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Or, they've been taking French for eight years prior to their Standard Grades (GCSEs) like moi :rolleyes:
    How good would you say you were?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any tips for GCSE Psychology? I'm worrying a lot over how much there is to revise.

ReputationRep:
    What's up, peeps? I just had a wonderful 2 hour nap after a couple hours at my local charity shop. How is everyone?
    I'm good
    I wouldn't say it's taking the mick, personally, I would actually do that if I still had to do French writing controlled assessments next year, as I don't need to do well in those.
    I know it just really annoys me and it's worth 20% per CA and they are like incredibly intelligent at everything
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I disagree with that bit

Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't work directly for my speaking the other week, yet I got full marks... Doesn't mean I don't deserve it :/ because obviously I did...
    I know, it's just I work for it and do terrible, and I'm always jealous when people do well when I do badly (after being happy for them.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    :lolwut:
    I know very few people the same as me (in that sense). New people means hopefully I'll find one

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing french for year 10 and 11 (did spanish from year 7-9) and I find french coursework really easy, especially writing, not because I'm good at french because I have a good memory - but I definitely need to step up my revision for the exams :P
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    How good would you say you were?
    Let's just say, I won't have to worry about revising French and over the holidays I engaged in some discourse with certain French females.

ReputationRep:
    I envy them I wish my parents had taught me a second language when I was born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tardiss)
    Does anyone know any tips for GCSE Psychology? I'm worrying a lot over how much there is to revise.
    GCSE psychology? Never heard that one before

ReputationRep:
    I'm good

I know it just really annoys me and it's worth 20% per CA and they are like incredibly intelligent at everything
    I know, it's just I work for it and do terrible, and I'm always jealous when people do well when I do badly (after being happy for them.)
    Aww I'd have written you an A* standard piece (or helped to) for you to have learnt... But ah

Let's just say, I won't have to worry about revising French and over the holidays I engaged in some discourse with certain French females.
    Pretty good then?

ReputationRep:
    Aww I'd have written you an A* standard piece (or helped to) for you to have learnt... But ah
    gutted. I've done them all now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.