Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would be gutted if wanyama ends up going to cardiff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Surprised no one else seems to be going for him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Anelka to WBA. Didn't see that one coming.
    This is a really bad signing for WBA if you consider the signings the likes of Norwich, Cardiff, Villa...... have been making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Don't worry, Wenger will sign Butland to please you.

ReputationRep:
    Glad Higuain looks like its getting done so he can have the pre season, bit weird if its a 3 year deal because it will need re-doing next summer or January but oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Nah he wants ross barkley
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Lol What the hell, caughoffside are at it again.... Will believe it when Skysports report it!

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/07...r-deal-agreed/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    He will be using his brain for once then.

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Nah he wants ross barkley

I dont see why your hating on barkley, the most talented young english player coming through other than wilshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    He will be using his brain for once then.

I dont see why your hating on barkley, the most talented young english player coming through other than wilshire
    I'm not hating on him - I think he's a good player but I find it weird how much you want him especially a while ago.

Why would you want Butland?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not hating on him - I think he's a good player but I find it weird how much you want him especially a while ago.

Why would you want Butland?
    Butlands talented and has quite a bit of experience for a 20 year old keeper, I rate him more than I rate schezny but i dont really care about the goal keeping position, if we dont get fourth next season then i cant see it being down to schezny being crap so i wont complain if we don't get a goalie but nevertheless in an ideal situation we would get another goalie with mannone gone.

As for Barkley, I reckon we could get him pretty cheap before he turns out brilliant and then everyone comes in for him.

ReputationRep:
    any truth in the rumours about higuain failing a medical at arsenal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    any truth in the rumours about higuain failing a medical at arsenal?
    How would he fail?

EDIT: I looked it up and it says asthma but then it says because of the dust in our trophy cabinet so.......

ReputationRep:
    How would he fail?

EDIT: I looked it up and it says asthma but then it says because of the dust in our trophy cabinet so.......
    Lol decent joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Lol decent joke
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I just can't get my head around Spurs fans being able to laugh about our trophy drought. Does the idea of trophies not trigger a chain of thought which leads them to remember they haven't won a non-joke trophy since 1991?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    I just can't get my head around Spurs fans being able to laugh about our trophy drought. Does the idea of trophies not trigger a chain of thought which leads them to remember they haven't won a non-joke trophy since 1991?
    Its an absolute joke. You see them on twitter giving it the big un about Arsenal ''making up the numbers in the CL'' when Spurs have only ever been in it once(and didnt come anywhere near winning it obviously).Spurs fans are so proud of their League Cup in 2008 and have somehow convinced themselves that they have a glorious recent history when they havent won a proper trophy in my lifetime or won the league since 1961.

Arsenal fans have their issues, but the delusions of Spurs' fans borders on insanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Its an absolute joke. You see them on twitter giving it the big un about Arsenal ''making up the numbers in the CL'' when Spurs have only ever been in it once(and didnt come anywhere near winning it obviously).Spurs fans are so proud of their League Cup in 2008 and have somehow convinced themselves that they have a glorious recent history when they havent won a proper trophy in my lifetime or won the league since 1961.

Arsenal fans have their issues, but the delusions of Spurs' fans borders on insanity.
    Best part is that they don't realise when they start building their stadium their gunna suffer 10x worse than Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Best part is that they don't realise when they start building their stadium their gunna suffer 10x worse than Arsenal.
    I honestly dont think Spurs will build it. For a start they wont be able to fill 60,000, not even close and secondly they cant afford to spend 400m on it with their revenue streams. Arsenal were fine with the Emirates but they're operating on a much smaller scale and dont have CL revenue or sponsorship deals like we did. They wont be able to fill it with corporate types either because no one wants to visit the ****hole that is Tottenham and they lack prestige etc. Wouldnt mind if they build it because there is a realistic chance of them folding under the strain of it.

The reality is that they just want a stadium because we built one. Difference is that we build one after we outgrew Highbury ...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    How would he fail?

LOL! That's jokes :lol:

(Original post by Zürich)
    I honestly dont think Spurs will build it. For a start they wont be able to fill 60,000, not even close and secondly they cant afford to spend 400m on it with their revenue streams. Arsenal were fine with the Emirates but they're operating on a much smaller scale and dont have CL revenue or sponsorship deals like we did. They wont be able to fill it with corporate types either because no one wants to visit the ****hole that is Tottenham and they lack prestige etc. Wouldnt mind if they build it because there is a realistic chance of them folding under the strain of it.

The reality is that they just want a stadium because we built one. Difference is that we build one after we outgrew Highbury ...:rolleyes:
    Yep, and unlike Arsenal, they don't have a manager of the same standard of Wenger (to keep a relatively inexpensive/'meh' team in the top 4 continually)! He's good, but he has quite a way to go.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the all the jokes which have been floating around on Twitter about Higuain's supposed medical (or lack thereof) and the time it's taking to complete, right? Well, I just saw this:

DAY 42: Higuain still having Medicals at Arsenal. Does he have HIV?

Seriously, what the actual ****? :lolwut:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.