Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    Brilliant win after some poor results, last weeks last minute equaliser was disappointing to concede.

Armstrong signing til the end of the season is huge, his hatrick (should have been 4!!) shows his quality. The midfield looks solid with Vincelot and Fleck.
    Vincelot and Fleck are a heck of a duo in the middle of the park. They need to get Armstrong, Maddison and Murphy on the pitch as much as possible until May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Vincelot and Fleck are a heck of a duo in the middle of the park. They need to get Armstrong, Maddison and Murphy on the pitch as much as possible until May.
    Madison has done really well since coming back, scoring the winner a few back. His movement and pace in behind is a threat and he could easily play in a higher division. Murphy, out wide can deliver the cross or come in and score with both feet, going either way past defenders. His decision making has rapidly improved.

ReputationRep:
    For what it's worth, that was never a penalty! Felt bad for the dismissed Shrews player. You fully deserved the romping victory, though.

Which one? I thought both were pretty soft tbh.

Brilliant win after some poor results, last weeks last minute equaliser was disappointing to concede.

Armstrong signing til the end of the season is huge, his hatrick (should have been 4!!) shows his quality. The midfield looks solid with Vincelot and Fleck.
    Wait, I thought it was us who conceded it, not you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Anyone see Ross Wallace's goal for Sheffield Wednesday, gotta be one of the goals of the season that.

ReputationRep:
    Any other Blackpool fans like me on 'ere suffering from two years and likely more of torture?

Come sympathise, please :cry2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Madison has done really well since coming back, scoring the winner a few back. His movement and pace in behind is a threat and he could easily play in a higher division. Murphy, out wide can deliver the cross or come in and score with both feet, going either way past defenders. His decision making has rapidly improved.
    He's been linked with a £10m move to Arsenal and Liverpool, which is silly money to be honest, but I'd be amazed - if Coventry failed to get out of the third tier this year - he didn't follow Callum Wilson's precedent and move up a league.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Anyone see Ross Wallace's goal for Sheffield Wednesday, gotta be one of the goals of the season that.
    Unbelievable strike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    Which one? I thought both were pretty soft tbh.

Wait, I thought it was us who conceded it, not you
    Sorry, I was thinking of the home game against Oldham.

We should have beaten you though, you scored from your only shot on target. The goal from Maddison was pretty sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I was thinking of the home game against Oldham.

We should have beaten you though, you scored from your only shot on target. The goal from Maddison was pretty sweet.
    Fair enough but very much disagree with that, thought a draw was a fair result but a home win wouldn't be too undeserved. Could be because I'm used to defeat after defeat for the last two months but yeah can't deny that Maddison's goal was special
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great strike by Wallace, admittedly, but plenty of other great goals from around the grounds this weekend. Pick of the matches - aside from Chesterfield and Coventry's drubbings - seemed to be at Bramall Lane, where Peterborough (still the highest scorers in the third tier) put three past Sheffield United in a five-goal thriller.

ReputationRep:

The advantage of having him on loan is he can't be bought off us this month and it is up to Newcastle where he goes, I would expect him to stay here and continue to score goals before going to a Championship club or first team next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cole had one of his strongest games on Saturday which suggests that he could be close to match fitness by now also. The promotion race will be wide open, all we need to do is remain in contention until April and then push on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Cole had one of his strongest games on Saturday which suggests that he could be close to match fitness by now also. The promotion race will be wide open, all we need to do is remain in contention until April and then push on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Burton keep winning despite not boasting a great squad. They just keep on getting those clean sheets, and it's remarkable they've picked up this amount of points despite not playing well.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Burton keep winning despite not boasting a great squad. They just keep on getting those clean sheets, and it's remarkable they've picked up this amount of points despite not playing well.
    To think we could be playing them next season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Walsall, Coventry, Wolves, Birmingham, Villa in one league.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Walsall, Coventry, Wolves, Birmingham, Villa in one league.
    And possibly throw in Sunderland and Newcastle, plus the likes of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, it will be one heck of a league next season, bit like the old first division back in the early 90s.

ReputationRep:
    They have benefitted greatly from being able to field a consistent team without major injuries so far (off the top of my head). But they are yet another example of just straightforward good management making the difference in a poor league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be fair your budget will dwarf theirs by an obscene margin so you should come out on top there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midlander)
    To be fair your budget will dwarf theirs by an obscene margin so you should come out on top there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I don't know, knowing Randy Lerner he won't give any money at all.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    And possibly throw in Sunderland and Newcastle, plus the likes of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, it will be one heck of a league next season, bit like the old first division back in the early 90s.
    Great league. I already love the Championship - and it will only get better.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Meanwhile though more problems for Bolton as it looks like they will be forced to sell players http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35222429

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.