Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Pocket squares - yay or nay?
    Only if you would normally wear one.

When someone's style is effortless, it fits in. When it's clearly something they are trying to do to impress/make some kind of statement, it usually looks a little odd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by specterlitt)
    Interview with Morrison & Foerster
    have you had an interview with them yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview with Morrison & Foerster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Fair enough - any particular reason?
    I generally play safe and dress neutrally. Bear in mind that reactions to more confident dress senses may vary, depending on the subjective views of the interviewer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bermudas)
    I generally play safe and dress neutrally. Bear in mind that reactions to more confident dress senses may vary, depending on the subjective views of the interviewer.
    Completely agree. It's a job interview, you should focus on looking professional rather than showing off how elegant you are. A pocket square isn't going to get you the job but it may well count against you if you don't judge it properly. Best play it safe at first & worry about stuff like that later when you've actually got a foot in the door.

ReputationRep:
    A white silk pocket square is 100% fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon762)
    No I've had an interview (it was really informal and chilled) but they said id hear back last Friday but still nothing so they're clearly still interviewing- thought they'd stopped last week though!
    Hi, have you heard back from WS? They told me I would hear back from them on Monday, it's Thursday now and no reply yet...

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from Hill Dickinson yet? Did video interview and Watson Glaser on the 17/3/15 and still heard nothing? Have noticed others commenting on this earlier on in the thread - I have applied for the Spring Vac Scheme which starts in 3 weeks time, just wondering if people have had PFO's or offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawwwwwwwwgal)
    Forsters, Charles Russell Speechly, Wedlake Bell?

I had a face to face interview with Wedlake Bell last week but still yet to hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBoy 12)
    Has anybody heard from Hill Dickinson yet? Did video interview and Watson Glaser on the 17/3/15 and still heard nothing? Have noticed others commenting on this earlier on in the thread - I have applied for the Spring Vac Scheme which starts in 3 weeks time, just wondering if people have had PFO's or offers?
    In the same boat. Still not heard a thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigPal)
    In the same boat. Still not heard a thing!
    I mean they obviously will tell us soon, just seems like terrible admin from them considering it is now getting so close to the starting date of the Spring Vac Scheme and people have to sort out accomodation etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Weightmans or Browne Jacobson anyone?
    just heard from Browne Jacobson today- invited to do Watson Glaser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    anyone still waiting on mischon de reya post video interview?
    Mee! How long ago did you do the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharifa22)
    just heard from Browne Jacobson today- invited to do Watson Glaser
    Same! Excited

Can you share any resources for it?

I've never done one before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Same! Excited

Can you share any resources for it?

I've never done one before
    PM'd you

ReputationRep:
    Interview with Hay Kilner. It's an 'interactive interview' - any ideas what this means?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from Stevens & Bolton post video-interview or from Bevan Brittan post-application?

ReputationRep:
    Just got offered HD Spring Vac Scheme Finally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBoy 12)
    Just got offered HD Spring Vac Scheme Finally
    Congrats! I applied for summer so guess will hear soon. Did they ring or email? Well done again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vikkis20)
    Mee! How long ago did you do the interview?
    Me too! Did the interview about 2 weeks ago, what about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.