Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquaxo)
    I can imagine! Oh well, grass is always greener

Fingers crossed :-)

Oh okay - do you mean a rejection or invitation for interview on the 20th? I guess there is no point worrying for now but it's hard to just forget about it I did my admissions test way over a month ago!
    Invitation for interview

Yeah, I'd try and relax a little because as everyone says, you can't change things now.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything regarding interviews for law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    I am from a state school but I am an international applicant from Germany.
    If I look up my school type it says grammar school but it is not exactly like this. German school system is complicated But it is definitely state owned and you can go there if you only want - there are just quite a lot that don't make it till the end.
    My school never had even an Oxbridge applicant btw
    Sounds great :-) what subject are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlan)
    Invitation for interview

Yeah, I'd try and relax a little because as everyone says, you can't change things now.
    Good luck!
    Oh awesome! So you did an interview last year I assume? If so, how was it?!

(Original post by AceAttorney123)
    Anyone heard anything regarding interviews for law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nada :-(

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from the physics department? Or mansfield for that matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquaxo)
    Sounds great :-) what subject are you applying for?
    PPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcmh)
    Seeing all these biochemistry interview offers makes me so nervous! Currently waiting for a decision on my biochem application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here D: still waiting for an answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlaneovertheSea)
    I am still trying to figure out some coping mechanism. Applying was and is a really long shot and I know that, but I cant get over my hopes and all the (probably totally inacurate) pictures in my head. I am forcing myself into this sort of limbo where I kind of expect a rejection but am hoping for an invitation like crazy and to be honest I just want to know which one of those it will be to properly deal with it....
    Thank you for summing up exactly how I feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenstemsandroses)
    Awesome! Yeah, I don't think I've seen anyone else who's applying for that either. Well, all the better for less competition. What college did you reply for, if you don't mind me asking?
    Worcester, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmeimfailing)
    Has anyone heard anything in terms of interviews for physics? I know it's still early but I'm still curious haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Dontknowhy)
    Anyone heard from the physics department? Or mansfield for that matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For physics you won't hear until late November/early December time (and you won't hear directly from the physics department, contact will be from your college) because they have to look at your application with PAT results - basically the only invitations going out now are for subjects with no written work and no tests.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an interview for Law yet? I'm kinda realisticly preparing myself for a rejection as an international student, but at the same time hoping for an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasoning)
    Did anyone get an interview for Law yet? I'm kinda realisticly preparing myself for a rejection as an international student, but at the same time hoping for an offer
    No, I don't think anyone has received an answer for law yet. Give it another one or two weeks, I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    I don't get this. If applying was/is a really long shot, why bother getting hope and imagining yourself there? Just think of it as a 'meh might as well try'
    With a 14% acceptance rate, it's always a long shot, no matter how good you are.

ReputationRep:
    With a 14% acceptance rate, it's always a long shot, no matter how good you are.
    I think so too.
    And especially when you are applying for a subject with an admissions test, a lot depends on this test anyway, so you can never really know before

ReputationRep:
    Guys, please pray for France and the people in Paris - our country has been so shaken up and needs all the help it can get!
    What happened was horrible, I'm so lucky that I don't live in Paris but many people (including some of my family) do and have been injured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Guys, please pray for France and the people in Paris - our country has been so shaken up and needs all the help it can get!
    What happened was horrible, I'm so lucky that I don't live in Paris but many people (including some of my family) do and have been injured.
    I am so sorry for the wickedness that the people of Paris had to witness or endure. I am a Muslim and I can hardly believe that these people live by a religion called peace. Killing innocent people is wrong regardless of context, regardless of who you are. Hope your family are well.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, I agree - so no point overthinking it and starting to picture yourself there. My course is a 6% acceptance rate and while I think my chances are probably better than 6%, it'd be pretty silly to get worked up about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    Judging from you're name, I was wondering if you're Greek?
    I am and I also live in Athens!
    :eek: What are the chances? I'm actually Greek Cypriot, I live in Cyprus, but close enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    You have good taste in colleges
    How did you find the BMAT?
    Sections 2 and 3 I found surprisingly easy, but Section 1... Well, actually I found it like I usually had been finding the past papers: really confusing. I don't want to make any predictions on that score, but Sections 2 and 3 I am confident about. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    Sections 2 and 3 I found surprisingly easy, but Section 1... Well, actually I found it like I usually had been finding the past papers: really confusing. I don't want to make any predictions on that score, but Sections 2 and 3 I am confident about. What about you?
    I found sections 1 & 3 easy enough, although with section 1 you never really know how you did until you get your marks lol
    Section 2 was okay, but barely finished it on time and judging by what people said were answers, I've got like 5 wrong already
    Sucks because I'm 100% reliant on BMAT getting me an interview since I don't have GCSEs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.