Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    I'm fully aware of the definition.
    Yet unable to apply it in practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    Its not a truce and its not unconditional, the condition is 72 hours which islamonazis will violate anyway like the other previous ones
    Okay.

ReputationRep:
    Its not a truce and its not unconditional, the condition is 72 hours which islamonazis will violate anyway like the other previous ones
    The problem with you, is that you don't have a balanced argument. All of your posts contain the same puerile - islamonazis, really? - content. Every post I've read from you in this thread has been ridiculous. Do I need to remind you of Israel breaking the ceasefire back in 2012? The ceasefire was signed on the 21 November of that year, yet these offences went virtually unreported in Western media:

22/11/2012

"Israeli forces shot and injured a Palestinian man east of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip late Thursday after he approached a fence on the border, medics said."

23/11/2012

"A 20-year-old Palestinian was killed and 10 others injured by Israeli forces Friday, Palestinian medical officials told NBC News, despite the U.S.-brokered cease-fire declared Wednesday." (Read more)

25/11/2012

“Israeli forces opened fire at a group of Palestinians in Gaza on Sunday, lightly injuring one man, a Gaza medical official said.” (Read more)

26/11/2012

“Two people were shot by Israeli forces east of Rafah on Monday, a health ministry spokesman said, in the second consecutive day of shooting along Gaza's border.” (Read more)

28/11/2012

“Israeli forces detained nine fishermen off Gaza's north coast on Wednesday, a local official said. As part of a ceasefire to end Israel's recent eight-day war on Gaza, Israel agreed to allow fishermen to sail six nautical miles off the coast of Gaza instead of three, which had been the limit under Israel's siege” (Read more)

29/11/2012

“Israeli military vehicles crossed near the al-Qarara town northeast of Khan Younis on Thursday in a new breach of the Gaza ceasefire, a Ma’an reporter said.” (Read more)

“On Wednesday Israeli forces shot and injured seven Palestinians near the border in the central Gaza Strip, medics said. Seven people were shot at east of al-Maghazi and al-Bureij refugee camps and transferred to the al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital. One man sustained serious injuries, medical officials told Ma'an.” (Read more)

"Earlier, 27-year-old Hassan Ahmad Nseir was shot by Israeli forces near Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip while collecting iron and gravel, medics told Ma'an."

30/11/2012

“On Friday, 11 Palestinians sustained wounds by Israeli fire along the borders between the Gaza Strip and Israel."

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, Hectic ethered Sic semper erat.

ReputationRep:
    A Palestinian terrorist civilian-murderer was shot dead in Jerusalem today, after he went mental in an excavator machine and started running people over with its tank tracks. Madness. Thank god the terrorist was shot dead, good riddance to human garbage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hectic)
    Good way to not debate facts, I think that's the best response you could have given. The fact is, Israel has been guilty before of breaking a ceasefire.
    Lol, sorry who broke the ceasefire? In the 72-hour ceasefire most recently, it was Hamas. And the ceasefire just before the ground offensive, Hamas refused a ceasefire. And it was Hamas who broke the 2012 ceasefire by commencing a rocket bombardment of Israeli cities.

But hey, if you sympathise with a homophobic, misogynist, fascist terror organisation, that's totally cool. We understand you want to murder gays, kill women who "don't do what they're told", and basically liquidate any Paestinians who objects to Hamas' and the terrorists' reign of terror or tries to prevent them from launching a rocket near their house (yes, Palestinian terrorists murdered an innocent father who confronted terrorists who wanted to launch a rocket from next to his house)

But keep defending the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians
    :lol: If Israel was indiscriminately killing civilians, you'd probably have 15,000 dead, not 1,500 (which is like a heavy week of the Syrian Civil War, where Muslims kill 500 to 1,000 other Muslims every single week). The Palestinian death toll is entirely a function of Hamas' siting their rocket batteries in heavily civilian areas hoping that the Israeli retaliation will result in dead children they can exploit for PR purposes

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing special about this conflict in terms of casualties, there are a lot worse things going on.

I doubt you had any sympathy for Israel in the first place. The fact that Israel never bombs the West Bank (maybe because they dont shoot rockets or dig tunnels there?), and never bombed Gaza before Hamas and rocket attacks started, sums up who here is at fault. Someone who is fair minded would see that.
    What's happening in Libya, Syria and Iraq is an outrage of course. It's terrifying actually. However that is being perpetrated by Islamist mercenaries who are a) not recognised as a legitimate state by anyone and b) are broadly condemned by the West and most right minded Muslims for their mindless violence.

The difference with Israel is that we have a legitimate army of a sovereign state, a close ally of the most powerful nation in the world, launching rockets at a densely populated civilian area that they have placed under siege so it's economy stagnates and the people are constantly on the verge of famine. Gazans are largely defenseless apart from ineffectual Hamas rockets (which I condemn) and Israel have killed large amounts of civilians.

To assume I never had any sympathy for Israel in the first place exposes your own narrow mind set. I acknowledge Israels right to exist peacefully so I am for all intents and purposes a Zionist. I condemn Hamas and their Qatari leadership. However I reserve the right as a citizen of the world to be critical of a government that behaves in this manner. There seems to me to be plenty of Israelis intent on living peacefully with their Palestinian neighbours so I do of course have sympathy for liberal, co-operative Israelis and Arabs. Maybe my problems lie more specifically with Likud, the IDF and Hamas.

As for the West Bank, Israel has hardly behaved impeccably there. Are we supposed to just be happy that they're not dropping bombs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_guns)
    Lol, sorry who broke the ceasefire? In the 72-hour ceasefire most recently, it was Hamas. And the ceasefire just before the ground offensive, Hamas refused a ceasefire. And it was Hamas who broke the 2012 ceasefire by commencing a rocket bombardment of Israeli cities.
    If you read my post properly, you would know that I was talking about 2012. If you think that Hamas broke the ceasefire in 2012, then you really don't know much about this situation. If you read my post properly, you would have also known the context - I wasn't even talking about the recent ceasefire. Spare me with your cheap propaganda.

But hey, if you sympathise with a homophobic, misogynist, fascist terror organisation, that's totally cool. We understand you want to murder gays, kill women who "don't do what they're told", and basically liquidate any Paestinians who objects to Hamas' and the terrorists' reign of terror or tries to prevent them from launching a rocket near their house (yes, Palestinian terrorists murdered an innocent father who confronted terrorists who wanted to launch a rocket from next to his house)
    Typical apologist response - most people, who defend the Palestinian people, will come across this generic response. Nowhere have I categorically shown support for Hamas. What next for you? Are you going to tell me that Hamas use humanshields too?

:lol: If Israel was indiscriminately killing civilians, you'd probably have 15,000 dead, not 1,500 (which is like a heavy week of the Syrian Civil War, where Muslims kill 500 to 1,000 other Muslims every single week). The Palestinian death toll is entirely a function of Hamas' siting their rocket batteries in heavily civilian areas hoping that the Israeli retaliation will result in dead children they can exploit for PR purposes
    Nonsense. Indiscriminate isn't associated with a particular number, it can be 10, it can be 20, etc., it doesn't have to be thousands. It actually means the Israelis have shown poor judgement. The IDF has the most modern and fearsome weapons available and does not hesitate to use them. In this current assault on Gaza the IDF are using flechette shells, which spray thousands of tiny but lethal darts over a wide area. None of these weapons can be used to accurately target 'terrorists', particularly in what is one of the world’s most crowded strips of land.

ReputationRep:
    The truth about Gaza.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinio...21ecf41e6fd2d0

ReputationRep:
    A Palestinian man uses a digger to kill an Israeli and turn over a bus in Jerusalem. What a sick sick man

ReputationRep:
    Zionists are two faced and you see it most in politics particularly from the so called left wing Zionists. One day they can be giving a speech to a group of Muslims denouncing what Israel is doing, the next day they'll be grovelling their hearts out about how much they love Israel and how Britain will always support it.

ReputationRep:
    This is what people fail to see. The pro-Palestinian supporters on here portray Hamas as an innocent organisation. They are either incredibly naive or just plain dumb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    A Palestinian man uses a digger to kill an Israeli and turn over a bus in Jerusalem. What a sick sick man
    And Israel is fine for killing 1,500+ ?

That was a rhetorical question, I'm not going to wait for a dishonest answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    And Israel is fine for killing 1,500+ ?

That was a rhetorical question, I'm not going to wait for a dishonest answer.
    I will answer anyway. Israel are defending themselves against the terrorist organisation while this man was only interested in murdering people on the street. He is sick.

ReputationRep:
    I will answer anyway. Israel are defending themselves against the terrorist organisation while this man was only interested in murdering people on the street. He is sick.
    What about that IDF soldier who was shot in the stomach? Was that a "terror attack" and attempted murder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    What about that IDF soldier who was shot in the stomach? Was that a "terror attack" and attempted murder?
    Any death linked to the organisation Hamas is in affect a "terror attack" considering they are a designated terrorist organisation.

ReputationRep:
    Any death linked to the organisation Hamas is in affect a "terror attack" considering they are a designated terrorist organisation.
    This has yet to be linked to HAMAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    This has yet to be linked to HAMAS.
    I could try and convince you with my sources however since I have little % on my iPad I will say this-type Hamas and terrorism on google and you have 10s of millions of sites to look through, I'm sure at least one will fit your criteria.

If you can not accept Hamas is a terrorist organisation, may god help you.

ReputationRep:
    I could try and convince you with my sources however since I have little % on my iPad I will say this-type Hamas and terrorism on google and you have 10s of millions of sites to look through, I'm sure at least one will fit your criteria.

If you can not accept Hamas is a terrorist organisation, may god help you.
    Let me be very clear because I have conversed with you on a number of topics and you haven't seemed to have picked the points up quickly. To be fair, the rest of your pro-zionist cohorts are the same.

The attack on the soldier has not been linked to HAMAS, contrary to your erroneous assertions...

ReputationRep:
    Another 72 hour truce. Let's see how long this lasts for.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.