Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Pathway)
    feel so stupid because im trying to figuree out what to tell my gp and i dont know how to word anything? like i just want to cry i dont want to do this on my own because its scary. feel so alone :cry:
    don't be afraid .. i'm worried too! Hopefully someone on this thread can help us out!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Guess I'm not so great after all huh? :sad:
    You're fantabulous (as in you as a person are fantabulous, even if you don't feel like it atm) :yep:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    also I mentioned to my parents about getting help for possible anxiety but now they are questioning if its even serious and making me think really hard about how it impacts on me! It's just making me think that maybe i don't have it.

I want to get some help but I really don't know the best place!
    I'd say go talk to your GP about it, regardless of what your parents think. Parents don't like to believe that anything is "wrong" with their child. They're not always right. You know your own health better than your parents do :yes:

(Original post by CescaD96)
    No, I've not heard this one.

I really don't. Nothing ever works out. My best is never enough. I'm a failure.
    Ah well basically everyone has a bit of their brain which is called Evil Brain. Evil Brain is basically out to get you and will do everything in its power to convince you that you're an awful person. Like that little nagging voice you might get telling you that your best is never enough and that you fail. That's not the way things are. That's just your Evil Brain telling you things and you not realising that it's Evil Brain but confusing it for the truth :sadnod:

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    fml this is utter hell.
    Can come on Facebook if needed?

(Original post by Pathway)
    feel so stupid because im trying to figuree out what to tell my gp and i dont know how to word anything? like i just want to cry i dont want to do this on my own because its scary. feel so alone :cry:
    Write your GP a note saying that some friends (you don't have to say Internet friends!) think you are showing signs of paranoia, because you think people are following you and/or are out to get you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I really want to stay friends with him, at least that side of things won't be an issue when we're 300 miles apart.

Just kinda getting the feeling that he'll go back to his home town, find some wonderful girl, and settle down with her even though he's said he doesn't want that at all with me, because she's 100% better than I am. And I'll be single and stuck for the next fifty years until I die alone in a nursing home.

Ever the dramatist I am
    That distance will likely be a blessing as you can catch up with him every once in a while and maintain that friendship without being around each other all the time

He may or he may not, the future is the future and one we'll only find out when it comes along. But I'll be damned if you don't find someone at some point in your life! You're clearly a lovable person and one that deserves to be. Okay I don't know you and the last time I spoke to you was probably a year or so ago and you may not remember who I am cause of it :lol: But you care about people, you deserve to be happy with someone and I honestly think you will!! When? No idea, where? No idea, who? I barely know people on my street so no clue there either...but it'll happen

I am a dramatist all the time, it's all good

I sometimes use the manners I was taught.

It's been so long. I doubt I will for a very, very long time yet.
    Although it's adorable how polite you were, I was just happy you accepted

You're amazing (at least to me you are), I really hope you find that happiness one day. Until then, me and the MHSS are right there behind you and once you reach your happiness, well guess what!?.............we'll still be here behind you :teehee: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    You're fantabulous (as in you as a person are fantabulous, even if you don't feel like it atm) :yep:
    You really believe that? :puppyeyes:

Can I have a TLG hug?

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling too great! I think you're lovely and one great interweb friend of mine for what it's worth
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You really believe that? :puppyeyes:

Can I have a TLG hug?

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling too great! I think you're lovely and one great interweb friend of mine for what it's worth
    Of course I really believe that! Would I say it if I didn't mean it?!??!! Believe it or not, I'm not always nice to people on TSR

Of course, you can have zillions of TLG hugs :jumphug: :hugs: :lovehug: :hugs: :jumphug: (OK, so five hugs may not equal a zillion, but you get me )

Thanks! Am slowly getting better, I think, but just don't wanna be like PSYCHOSIS HAS GONE :king1: coz I did that this time last week and then BOOM! it was back
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Ah well basically everyone has a bit of their brain which is called Evil Brain. Evil Brain is basically out to get you and will do everything in its power to convince you that you're an awful person. Like that little nagging voice you might get telling you that your best is never enough and that you fail. That's not the way things are. That's just your Evil Brain telling you things and you not realising that it's Evil Brain but confusing it for the truth :sadnod:
    It seems the truth right now. It always has been. :nod:

Although it's adorable how polite you were, I was just happy you accepted

You're amazing (at least to me you are), I really hope you find that happiness one day. Until then, me and the MHSS are right there behind you and once you reach your happiness, well guess what!?.............we'll still be here behind you :teehee: :hugs:
    Hugs from friends are great. Although now I'm embarrassed because I'm not adorable.

Still embarrassed! Ah, I'm not amazing. There's jack all special about me. Happiness comes to the lucky and I'm in no way lucky.

ReputationRep:

I'd say go talk to your GP about it, regardless of what your parents think. Parents don't like to believe that anything is "wrong" with their child. They're not always right. You know your own health better than your parents do :yes:

Can come on Facebook if needed?

Write your GP a note saying that some friends (you don't have to say Internet friends!) think you are showing signs of paranoia, because you think people are following you and/or are out to get you :hugs:
    it''s alright, don't think im entirely coherent atm
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It seems the truth right now. It always has been. :nod:
    The trick is to learn to identify Evil Brain for what it is when it speaks to you. They'll teach you that in CBT if you get put on a list for it. Really improved my quality of life, figuring out what Evil Brain was and how to identify it and how to (try and) ignore it

it''s alright, don't think im entirely coherent atm
    OK, sure, dw hun, was just offering in case it might help :console:

ReputationRep:
    Can hardly breath, no idea how im going to do 3 changes on trains tomorrow and deffo dont know how im gonna make it up 2 flights of stairs to the flat! Gonna have to beg my boyfriend to carry my suitcase up! Best get out my puppy dog eyes :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    The trick is to learn to identify Evil Brain for what it is when it speaks to you. They'll teach you that in CBT if you get put on a list for it. Really improved my quality of life, figuring out what Evil Brain was and how to identify it and how to (try and) ignore it

OK, sure, dw hun, was just offering in case it might help :console:
    Apparently I'm on a list. Will check Thursday.

[QUOTE=The_Lonely_Goatherd;549618 55]You're fantabulous (as in you as a person are fantabulous, even if you don't feel like it atm) :yep:

Yeah I suppose so, its just hard without support. I'm not use to going to places with my own will..

Yeah I suppose so, its just hard without support. I'm not use to going to places with my own will..

Sounds like he's either too overprotective, or a knob? :dontknow:

he doesn't do it on purpose. I think. Or at least he thinks its good for me. Basically, he wants me to undergo a therapy cause if I can become mentally stable I will be his dreamt girl (which is the main reason why I wanna go on therapy). But by questioning my every choice and laughing at it, he wont help me in increasing my self esteem

ReputationRep:
    feel like im going to cry :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    don't know what to do anymore :'(

ReputationRep:
    don't know what to do anymore :'(
    :hugs:
    Me neither Scary, really want to leave. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    :hugs:
    Me neither Scary, really want to leave. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too :'(
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Big hugs to Sen and Scary and Pathway and anyone else struggling :grouphugs:

Feel so tired and low and hopeless, just sat here crying and don't even know why

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    me too :'(
    :hugs: Take care of yourself Scary.
    You are a valuable lovely human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Big hugs to Sen and Scary and Pathway and anyone else struggling :grouphugs:

Feel so tired and low and hopeless, just sat here crying and don't even know why

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ugs: furry.
    Hope those tears disappear soon! And we can get a happy furry soon. A happy furry is pretty rad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.