Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Don't memorise EVERY pattern ffs, only the ones that frequently come up or are likely to come up in the exam. Some of the Medify patters are complete nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol some of the mEdify ones are RUBBISH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Well done on the AR I can't do it lol. I'm predicting myself (optimistically)
    VR - 630
    QR-720
    AR-580
    SJ- 2

Let's see how it turns out lmao. I want to be a doctor so bad but a part of me has just given up on ukcat - I've never been so opposite of motivated before. Thanks though.
    Mate I was struggling to break 600's dont worry you'll shock yourself when you come out of the exam, but what you should do is work on your flaws ie AR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a209150)
    Thank You for you reply... But can you suggest some unis that i should apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Barts, UEA, Liverpool, Keele

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    Mate I was struggling to break 600's dont worry you'll shock yourself when you come out of the exam, but what you should do is work on your flaws ie AR
    Awwn thanks! Yeah I guess I'm going to be cramming AR all night. lmao Joke Ill probably stop practising at about 9pm. I did my work experiecne a GP last week and I went in pretty relaxed about my future and options but now because I've got the experience I'm taking it way more seriously. Kinda gutted I didn't realise this till last week otherwise I would've spent more time on the ukcat. I know for definite that I want to be a doctor now .

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do on the medify mini mock for VR? Is representative of the actual exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a graduate in a non related degree I've kind of got over my tendency to 'freak' as such, but my exam is tomorrow morning and I haven't got over 600 overall in any of my mocks. Can anybody give some last minute tips or words of wisdom?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474214956.567248.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  151.0 KB
    Finally came across it 😜 no wonder I got it wrong lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archie2004)
    As a graduate in a non related degree I've kind of got over my tendency to 'freak' as such, but my exam is tomorrow morning and I haven't got over 600 overall in any of my mocks. Can anybody give some last minute tips or words of wisdom?
    My test is tmrw too xD Good luck dude

Just saying get a good nights rest and dont worry at all. Be as calm as possible before starting not much we can do anymore. I'm applying for undergrad and have to retake my ib boards cause i couldnt meet my conditional offer due to a medical condition last time. Had 690-713 avg in medify but still scared. Just did 2 mocks but i practised a lot. Did every question in Medify for every section except VR. xD

Goodluck again

ReputationRep:
    Guys should i revise on the day of the exam? If yes what should i revise? My exam is at 9 AM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    How did everyone do on the medify mini mock for VR? Is representative of the actual exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey I got 670, which has been the best VR score I've got other than another mock where I also got 670. How did you do? Not taken the actual exam yet though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looooooool the first time I saw this I was just like wtf I'm done for tonight

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why did you get it wrong? It was fairly obvious.... wasn't it?
    When i did it i never thought "Ohh it's fibonacci" it's more that the next box is the two previous boxes added together; that's what's quite easy about it. I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to put this in the real ukcat it seems normal.

ReputationRep:
    Eat some nuts tonight and in the morning.
    Also, people get 600 in mocks and like 680ish in the real or higher too so it doesn't really matter what u get in the mocks, they aren't all that representative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Why did you get it wrong? It was fairly obvious.... wasn't it?
    When i did it i never thought "Ohh it's fibonacci" it's more that the next box is the two previous boxes added together; that's what's quite easy about it. I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to put this in the real ukcat it seems normal.
    erm no im pretty bad at AR not sure if you have read any recent posts of mine. its more of a joke on the thread, but if you found it easy fair enough but it's difficult if you're trying to stick to a time limit otherwise yes i might have figured it out too, and at the end of the day everyone finds different questions easy/hard.

ReputationRep:
    I have my ukcat tomorrow and i have no idea what kind of score is considered good??? Should all the sections have a score 800+ or is 700 okay??

ReputationRep:
    erm no im pretty bad at AR not sure if you have read any recent posts of mine. its more of a joke on the thread, but if you found it easy fair enough but it's difficult if you're trying to stick to a time limit otherwise yes i might have figured it out too, and at the end of the day everyone finds different questions easy/hard.
    I came across this too Michaela and had absolutely no idea! What sort of scores have you been getting in AR if you don't mine me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I came across this too Michaela and had absolutely no idea! What sort of scores have you been getting in AR if you don't mine me asking?
    Thank you this makes me feel better 😅 when it's a stressful time you don't need people telling you it's easy as that's never comforting. I haven't actually done anything other than I did mock B ukcat a few days ago and got 550 but this was before I revamped my AR lmao and now I mostly get 4/5 on medify and sometimes 3 so woooo I'm getting the patterns more now which is the main part. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol alright........
    I haven't read ur comments either. I thought u were implying the question was ridiculous and not likely to be in ukcat.
    it's difficult if you're at the end of the AR read any recent posts of mine but if you found it a joke on the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoggie98)
    Anyone else find the AR questions in the official ukcat mock B and C much harder than the medify and kaplan (online) ones ,exams tomorrow...
    i found them much harder than the 1000 UKCAT questions book. I dont even know how people come up with patterns like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    lol alright........
    I haven't read ur comments either. I thought u were implying the question was ridiculous and not likely to be in ukcat.
    it's difficult if you're at the end of the AR read any recent posts of mine but if you found it a joke on the thread.
    Well I really doubt that sequence would come up in the UKCAT but there you go that's just my opinion. I'd just advise showing more empathy when everyone is a bit stressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.