Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky91)
    I agree with this, but if you are actually carrying out an investigation/experiment you proceed to analyse your data, present your results, explain what you have found an then write your conclusion/discussion... in an investigation like this there is no argument, hence why I asked I there is an experiment being preformed, if there is perhaps there is no place for an argument. But if there is no experiment/investigation being undertaken then I completely agree that both sides of the argument should always be given
    Form what I have read hers isn't! Also this isn't true i managed to do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    Form what I have read hers isn't! Also this isn't true i managed to do it!
    As I said I agree in most cases that you can argue both sides, and I'm not saying you cant do it.. but when you have raw (primary) evidence to suggest that something is 100% true after pages of statistical workings, then you can only accept or reject your original hypothesis and try to explain what you have found and possibly suggest further work which you might do to further investigate your findings... there are forms of a scientific investigation in which there is no argument involved, you just present what you have found.

ReputationRep:
    As I said I agree in most cases that you can argue both sides, and I'm not saying you cant do it.. but when you have raw (primary) evidence to suggest that something is 100% true after pages of statistical workings, then you can only accept or reject your original hypothesis and try to explain what you have found and possibly suggest further work which you might do to further investigate your findings... there are forms of a scientific investigation in which there is no argument involved, you just present what you have found.
    Touché

ReputationRep:
    Is a Gantt chart something you do at the start or is it like a diary which u fill out as you go along? I've done it so that I fill it out as I go along so each stage may be of completely different lengths...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydude)
    Is a Gantt chart something you do at the start or is it like a diary which u fill out as you go along? I've done it so that I fill it out as I go along so each stage may be of completely different lengths...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Start, you do a separate diary, you plan on here and if you do it at a different date highlight in a diff colour

ReputationRep:
    eeep, EPQ has been marked by my supervisor and I got 49/50 :woo:

Good luck you guys :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssimplyme)
    eeep, EPQ has been marked by my supervisor and I got 49/50 :woo:

Good luck you guys :hugs:
    Well done! Let's hope it's not changed too much then

ReputationRep:
    Yay epq :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My EPQ is due on 3rd April, and I know for a fact I'm not going to finish on time!
    I'm in year 11, and it was massively getting in the way of my GCSE revision, so I kept putting it off and prioritising the subjects I was falling behind in.
    As a result, I'll be honest in saying that I only have 600 words written out of 5000. I'm a music blogger, and find it so easy to write, so I thought relating my essay to music would make it easy! But with Harvard referencing and everything, I just find it impossible to even start.
    If I did nothing but EPQ for the next two weeks, then I know I'd be fine... but I'd like an extension so that I can say that I gave it my best shot? I really don't want to fail!
    I've also only had about 75-80% attendance since September, because I've continually been really ill... Is it at all possible that I could get an extension on my essay? Alternatively, would I get a U if I withdrew at this stage?
    I could probably get a doctor's note if required...

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Let's hope it's not changed too much then
    Thank you lovely

Yeah, fingers crossed it goes okay during moderation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssimplyme)
    Thank you lovely

Yeah, fingers crossed it goes okay during moderation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Welcome! :P you've got 4 marks lee way so should be good!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done an EPQ in relation to Primary Education for example reading or teaching methods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McMedic)
    Does anyone have any or know where I can get any good examples (A/A* grade) of the production log? I'm doing my Extended Project Qualification with AQA and am nearing the end so would be grateful for any help
    If you google them, AQA have few examples online, stating what grade the person got on the first page which is helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heya, does anyone know if it's okay to use first person when writing the report?

ReputationRep:
    Want to do an epq related to accounting and finance... Has anyone done one or have any ideas of what I should base my project around?

some of my ideas are :

something ng about the recession... Are we still in it?
    effect of large companies tax avoiding
    something based around lowering taxes

thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coxy1234)
    Want to do an epq related to accounting and finance... Has anyone done one or have any ideas of what I should base my project around?

some of my ideas are :

something ng about the recession... Are we still in it?
    effect of large companies tax avoiding
    something based around lowering taxes

thank you
    If I was you I'd simply look into those topics and see which one you can find the most information about, the one thing I'm struggling with is finding the information I need to put into my EPQ and write about and i just wish I'd looked into the topic a bit more beforehand as I would have seen there is no information on the internet and chose a different topic probably!

ReputationRep:
    As always I'd definitely give both sides, examiners of all natures despise one sided arguments, it's not scientifically correct to argue without balance
    Yes I'm VetMed too! :banana: It sounds like a for and against argument could be really cool, but it's hard to know, maybe if you start your research then the right way to structure it might just appear? Its so hard starting it, for me that was the hardest part and I did end up altering the way initially thought I would present my data... Are you going to be carrying out an investigation/experiment or is it going to be purely research based?
    Sorry guys I've just seen these
    Well I was looking into it, maybe more just collecting data or doing some kind of nature survey that kind of thing, but I cant think of anything relevant that I'd be able do well!
    And I was concerned about ending up with a one sided argument as well, seeing as most of the research supports my question. But there's plenty of contradictory views like Descartes etc

ReputationRep:
    Interesting article about the EPQ...'should year 13s do it?'

http://www.theguardian.com/education...-form-students

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyTractor)
    Interesting article about the EPQ...'should year 13s do it?'

http://www.theguardian.com/education...-form-students

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im a yr 13 and I do it currently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flou_fboco2)
    im a yr 13 and I do it currently
    I meant 'should year 12s do it?'

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.