Had an abortion - boyfriend found out! Watch

This discussion is closed.
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bslforever)
Yes he can. Although they both caused the pregnancy, she caused the abortion.
Well you can hardly say she should have kept it if she didn't want it just because it would make her boyfriend upset otherwise. This is the consequence of causing an unwanted pregnancy- the girl quite rightly gets to decide. If he doesn't like that he should have broken up with her or been extra safe with the contraception. He would have had no right to try and make her keep it.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
Fundamentally, if this guy thinks that a foetus is a baby then why wouldn't he flip out? I think he stayed comparatively calm to how I would have reacted. It simply isn't the case that one side is right and one side is wrong, it's morality. If she knew his position, as all men and women who enter a sexual relationship should, she should have not slept with him knowing full well he believes abortion is murder.
Actually, I think it's more if he knew that she would have an abortion if she got pregnant, he shouldn't have slept with her. At the end of the day, she has the ability to have an abortion, and he doesn't have the ability to stop her, so the onus is really on him to say no to sex if he isn't comfortable with the possible consequences.

Even if he doesn't want it there is a que of people a mile long who happily will. If you can't cope with having a child don't be a stupid whore?
Why not? If you believe it's moral, having an abortion is a perfectly viable option instead of having a child. You can be a stupid whore and still not cope with having a child if you can cope with having an abortion.

I agree that people shouldn't have sex if they can't cope with the consequences. But a child is an avoidable consequence if you are willing to have an abortion.

O, I see, so you look to the government to dictate your morals to you do you? So, when homosexuality was illegal it was perfectly right to imprison/institutionalise homosexuals was it?
Alternatively he could just believe that vigilante justice isn't justice and is never justifed. If someone breaks the law, try them. If someone doesn't and you disagree, you can argue as much as you like, but it's not your place to stop them. Your personal morals may be different, as everyone's are, but it's not your place to impose your morals on others on your own. The law is there to impose the collective morality and to provide a base for a stable society. You may think it should go further, but until it does, you can't impose your morals beyond the law on others.

The government doesn't dictate morality, it dictate's legal actions, supposidly by listening and enforcing a collective, democratically-agreed set of rules. It's there to stop people going "I think this is wrong" and forcing other people to comply.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by WelshBluebird)
Well clearly, considering the responses in this thread, you are wrong.
A lot of people seem to thing it was totally wrong for her not to tell him.
I agree that in the end it is the woman's choice, but morally he should at least know.
I didn't say most people's morality said she shouldn't tell him, I said most people's morality said it was her right to choose. I then added, indeed my key point was, that given her mind was made up, not telling him might be better for him, making it not a selfish act.

We are all just a bunch of cells though... I'm really not sure how a foetus is any different. It has less cells...but still. The cells are unarguably alive. I really don't see how you could think otherwise.
A parasite is also unarguably alive, but I'd be quite happy getting rid of one that was attached to me without a second thought. The question isn't whether it's alive or not. To me, the question is whether it's viable or not. I believe a woman has the right to say whether or not he body can be used as a host. If you can remove the foetus without killing it, by all means do.

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
She should have thought about that before she got pregnant.
Perhaps he should have thought about the possibility of her having an abortion before he got her pregnant. Pro-life people often talk about appreciating the consequences of sex, and one of the possible consequences of sex with a girl who's pro-choice is that she has an abortion. If you're not comfortable with that, don't sleep with a girl who's pro-choice.

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
Bunch of cells:
http://papercastlepress.com/blog/wp-...8/11/cells.jpg

Baby:
http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/images/6weeks.jpg

There's a difference.

Like I said before, Law =/= Morals.
Most abortions happen when it's in the former stage. By this post are you suggesting that it's fine to remove it when it's a bunch of cells but not when it resembles a baby? If so, what has she done wrong?
tinktinktinkerbell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Of course, thats fine. Why should anything ever inconvinience you at all? Life is all about you, and if a baby was to get in your way hell, rip the thing out. You should always come first. Always.

oh for gods sake, maybe she cant afford a ******* bratt, she doesnt want one so why the hell should she have one
Bslforever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
oh for gods sake, maybe she cant afford a ******* bratt, she doesnt want one so why the hell should she have one
Look, we've already estabished that you are Miss World already, i think its time for you to stop parading what a fine specimen of a human being you are.
Bslforever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Drogue)

A parasite is also unarguably alive, but I'd be quite happy getting rid of one that was attached to me without a second thought. The question isn't whether it's alive or not. To me, the question is whether it's viable or not. I believe a woman has the right to say whether or not he body can be used as a host. If you can remove the foetus without killing it, by all means do.
I can't see how a foetus would not be viable. Unless a woman is medically unfit to bear a child, the foetus is most certainly viable.
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Look, we've already estabished that you are Miss World already, i think its time for you to stop parading what a fine specimen of a human being you are.

:rolleyes:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
If you can live with that, if you can repeat what i wrote and smile then thats just fine. You are a right piece of work though, thats for sure.
OK fair enough. That was slightly cold-hearted.

I understand that you think it was atrocious of me to abort it and not to care but the truth is I cant take care of a baby and the only solution was to get rid of it – whether that makes me evil I don’t care.

Just because I appear not to show any compassion doesn’t mean I don’t care – its because I care that I had the abortion in the first place if that makes sense.

Honestly if you met me and knew what I was like you would immediately advise me to abort it.

Ok that’s it I’m done trying to justify my decision – if you don’t like it you can **** off.
Bslforever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
OK fair enough. That was slightly cold-hearted.

I understand that you think it was atrocious of me to abort it and not to care but the truth is I cant take care of a baby and the only solution was to get rid of it – whether that makes me evil I don’t care.

Just because I appear not to show any compassion doesn’t mean I don’t care – its because I care that I had the abortion in the first place if that makes sense.

Honestly if you met me and knew what I was like you would immediately advise me to abort it.

Ok that’s it I’m done trying to justify my decision – if you don’t like it you can **** off.
I really feel sorry for you. Principally because you thought that abortion was the only solution. You are so egotistic that you actually believe that.

Its the only solution that is quick, easy and painless. It was not, by any means the only solution. It was the only solution that appealed to you. Don't try and justify yourself by thinking that you had no other choice. You had plenty of choice.

I would never advise you to abort a child. There are better options out there. My younger sister is adopted, from a mother who was completely hopeless. She had a history of child abuse, burning children in her care and my sister was taken from her shortly after birth, after she had been negleted - she wasn't fed for days and her liver was failing. If some immature, selfish little prick had have told my sister's birth mother to abort her then someone i care about immensely would not be alive.

If she had have taken the selfish, easy, self centred way out, my little sister would be dead.

This woman had neither the emotional, practical nor economic means to raise a child. I'm so glad that even though she was a waster, she was nothing like you.

Never. Ever. Ever, say that you aborted your child out of kindness.

I'm done here.
missygeorgia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really feel sorry for you. Principally because you thought that abortion was the only solution. You are so egotistic that you actually believe that.

Its the only solution that is quick, easy and painless. It was not, by any means the only solution. It was the only solution that appealed to you. Don't try and justify yourself by thinking that you had no other choice. You had plenty of choice.

I would never advise you to abort a child. There are better options out there. My younger sister is adopted, from a mother who was completely hopeless. She had a history of child abuse, burning children in her care and my sister was taken from her shortly after birth, after she had been negleted - she wasn't fed for days and her liver was failing. If some immature, selfish little prick had have told my sister's birth mother to abort her then someone i care about immensely would not be alive.

If she had have taken the selfish, easy, self centred way out, my little sister would be dead.

This woman had neither the emotional, practical nor economic means to raise a child. I'm so glad that even though she was a waster, she was nothing like you.

I'm done here.
Yeah, I don't think anyone needs a self righteous, cruel, ignorant misogynist around here anymore thanks.
Bslforever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by missygeorgia)
Yeah, I don't think anyone needs a self righteous, cruel, ignorant misogynist around here anymore thanks.
I'm a misogynist? That's really sad.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago

I would never advise you to abort a child. There are better options out there. My younger sister is adopted, from a mother who was completely hopeless. She had a history of child abuse, burning children in her care and my sister was taken from her shortly after birth, after she had been negleted - she wasn't fed for days. If some immature, selfish little prick had have told my sister's birth mother to abort her then someone i care about immensely would not be alive.

I'm done here.
I love how you’re talking as if you know the ins and out of my situation and you know everything about me.
Abortion was the only option – I haven’t told you my situation in full as I only came on here to ask help on my ex. You don’t even know the rest of it so don’t start judging me.

Oh what would you know – at the end of the day your just a guy ffs.
Bslforever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I love how you’re talking as if you know the ins and out of my situation and you know everything about me.
Abortion was the only option – I haven’t told you my situation in full as I only came on here to ask help on my ex. You don’t even know the rest of it so don’t start judging me.

Oh what would you know – at the end of the day your just a guy ffs.
I don't need the ins and outs of your situation. A baby would have inconvinienced you. You didn't want it. You had an abortion. Do i need any more than that?

I know nothing of your situation and it doesn't matter. This is a principle, its not consequentialist at all - your situation is irrelevent.
missygeorgia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't need the ins and outs of your situation. A baby would have inconvinienced you. You didn't want it. You had an abortion. Do i need any more than that?

I know nothing of your situation and it doesn't matter. This is a principle, its not consequentialist at all - your situation is irrelevent.
So is your opinion. This isn't debate about abortion now, I don't know what you're hoping to achieve except trying to bully an already traumatised girl. Just leave it, it's not your place to try and make her feel **** about her decision.
Bslforever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So is your opinion. I don't know what you're hoping to achieve except trying to make a traumatised girl upset. Just leave it, it's not your place to try and make her feel **** about her decision.
She seems rather happy with her decision, and not in the least bit traumatised.

I'm still not sure how this makes me a misogynist. I hate women because i'm against abortion? I'm against eating too much fatty foods, doesn't mean i hate obese people.
missygeorgia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
She seems rather happy with her decision, and not in the least bit traumatised.

I'm still not sure how this makes me a misogynist. I hate women because i'm against abortion? I'm against eating too much fatty foods, doesn't mean i hate obese people.
Like I said, this isn't a debate anymore, this is you personally attacking someone for their decisions. There's a big difference. Just leave her alone.
Pink Bullets
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As always, this thread once again shows that pro-lifers are the best argument for abortion.
Bslforever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Like I said, this isn't a debate anymore, this is you personally attacking someone for their decisions. There's a big difference. Just leave her alone.
Didn't i say that it wasn't about her circumstances? How can i attack an anonymous person personally?

The choice is wrong under any circumstances, i don't care who made it.
Sophistress
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're (Bslforever) just coming across as really obnoxious at this point, to be honest. Obviously your view is coloured by the fact that you are anti-abortion. You're just going to have to face it that not everyone feels the same emotional response that you do. This young woman has made a perfectly legitimate decision that thousands of other women make.

Frankly this is an inappropriate soapbox for your views on abortion.
missygeorgia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Didn't i say that it wasn't about her circumstances? How can i attack an anonymous person personally?

The choice is wrong under any circumstances, i don't care who made it.
Then keep that view to yourself. Anyone with a shred of decency knows that you don't say stuff like that to a woman who's just had an abortion, whether you're anti-abortion or not. You just don't. It's beyond debating the rights and wrongs of abortion, it's another level, keep your condemnation to yourself.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.64%
No (521)
72.36%

Watched Threads