Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have you NOT tried cannabis? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would like to try it, it IS less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes, it was proven by a researcher at a university who was fired from a board of health experts who advise the government for his views as apparently it's quite hard to change something from being illegal to legal. You also can't die by smoking weed whereas you can from drinking too much alcohol in one go.

In some places in the U.S places are beginning to open up that prescribe cannabis for people with medical problems. This ranged from cancer patients to people with minor headaches (as I suffer with crippling migraines from epilepsy I'd love to try some cannabis to see if it helped).

But addiction is where it all goes wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to try it, it IS less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes, it was proven by a researcher at a university who was fired from a board of health experts who advise the government for his views as apparently it's quite hard to change something from being illegal to legal. You also can't die by smoking weed whereas you can from drinking too much alcohol in one go.

In some places in the U.S places are beginning to open up that prescribe cannabis for people with medical problems. This ranged from cancer patients to people with minor headaches (as I suffer with crippling migraines from epilepsy I'd love to try some cannabis to see if it helped).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithoughtofthis)
    I couldn't tell

weed

ash

You must be dumb as hell to buy a bag of ash instead of weed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)

You must be dumb as hell to buy a bag of ash instead of weed.
    9 Pts for effort Would give you 10 but cant really see the weed picture, but i know you tried!

ReputationRep:
    Distruste of dealers. If the drug market were legalised and regulated, I'd have no problem with buying cannabis (except I hate smoking and I've never met anyone who actually bakes hash brownies...they seem to be the stuff of myth rather than reality). But while there's no guidelines in place, I don't want to risk it.

ReputationRep:
    I am aware that cannabis is not as bad as smoking in the long-term, but I am naturally inclined to obey the law unless it is absolutely necessary not to do so. But, the stuff also stinks! And the neo-liberal David Cameron allegedly smoked it at Eton and was forced to write Latin lines haha

ReputationRep:
    My mates who have got into the stuff have to associate with some pretty dodgy and dangerous people to get a hold of it. Plus the fact that now most of their stories are like "I spent the weekend in a vegetative state wbu?", life without weed just seems an all-round better option.

ReputationRep:
    I have enough vices already.

ReputationRep:
    Kottonmouth Kings - Rest of my life. Sums weed up.

ReputationRep:
    I want to try weed but I'd be worried about the negative side effects of it and what it would make me like. Another problem is that I don't know anyone who wants to try it, I will be considered a "druggie" if I try it. Maybe sometime I will try it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terpsikhore)
    Distruste of dealers. If the drug market were legalised and regulated, I'd have no problem with buying cannabis (except I hate smoking and I've never met anyone who actually bakes hash brownies...they seem to be the stuff of myth rather than reality). But while there's no guidelines in place, I don't want to risk it.
    Actually eating hash brownies is much worse in many ways when compared to smoking it because the THC takes much longer to get into the blood stream so people often consume dangerous levels of THC.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'd have to interact with some low life ruffian to purchase it. Some people actually have self respect !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    Actually eating hash brownies is much worse in many ways when compared to smoking it because the THC takes much longer to get into the blood stream so people often consume dangerous levels of THC.
    There is no such thing as a 'dangerous' amount of THC

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

im barely clinging on to sanity as it is

ReputationRep:
    Weed wouldn't appeal to me seeing as no way would I want to be seen as someones who takes drugs . . . also by saying 'hey what's wrong with taking weed once in a while?' what happens if that then leads to taking some ecstacy once in a while.. or LSD.. cocain.. heroin... I know that's far-fetched by why even get into drug taking? It only increases the risk of you going off the rails into debt and disaster.

ReputationRep:
    Cannabis is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I just never felt like I need to, and I dont find it very appealing. I dont even smoke cigarettes, so I dont see why I should try anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Never been offered, though alot of my friends have done it, but I don't see the appeal, have you also noticed that regular users/ addicts appear braindead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpowertj)
    There is no such thing as a 'dangerous' amount of THC
    hmm not medically proven but I have got so high I forgot who I was

ReputationRep:
    Distrust of dealers.
    Addiction.
    Side effects.
    Don't see the appeal of losing control like that.

I'm just not a drugs person.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.