Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Angry? That's simply the unedited truth. I don't beat around the bush, I say it as it is.
    Displacement imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Angry? That's simply the unedited truth. I don't beat around the bush, I say it as it is.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue acre)
    Displacement imo
    Displacement?....

(Original post by Trigger)
    Why?
    Eh? That doesn't really make sense. If you want to know why I don't beat around the bush, it's because I don't see the point; why drag out one sentence into 10...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsaNameAndIUseIt)
    Jimbo, you're wasting my time.

As a matter of fact, I couldn't care less to be on their arms really. Not my cup of tea. Stop assuming things about me, you barely know me.

Please don't assume that my boyfriend is not hot because he's with a fatty Jimbo. Call me all you want m'lovie, but lay off him, yeah? He's a good guy, thankfully. Unlike some eh, Jimbo?

Anyway, don't bother quoting me again. You're wasting my time. A good troll is funny at first Jimbo, but you need to learn your limits. You promise to know when to shut up, and I'll keep my portion sizes small, yeah?
    Ha, not your cup of tea.....you mean you could only wish, but then the truth hurts too much so you go into denial.
    Your bf is not hot as he is fat. Fat is never hot as is shown by every person who is renown for being beautiful. He might be a good guy, but he will be a far cry from being physically attractive.
    Anyway, I can see the truth is starting to dig in and make you uncomfortable so I will understand it if you do not reply. :rolleyes:

(Original post by StressReliever)
    Sorry, but 3 is not 14% body fat and neither are the pussycat dolls/VS models. 14% body fat (for a woman) is more akin to your example of 'muscular'. It's extremely lean and defined.

This is also 14% body fat:
    Spoiler:
    Show

As is this:
    Ah yeah, I know sub 20% body fat will make you look very toned. I was simply trying to tell the person that the human body does not need much body fat on it to be healthy as they thought it did.

(Original post by Beth Angharad)
    I don't think it's fair to assume that the woman in the photo is unfit; outward appearances aside, she might actually be very healthy. I see plenty of larger women at the gym, and they're often doing just as much exercise as the slimmer girls are. No, she obviously isn't a slim girl, but I don't really think she's overweight either. My reasoning for this is because although I'm not overweight, I do put on weight very easily and I can sympathise with any woman in a similar position; for some women, it's just so difficult to keep weight off. That's coming from someone whose favourite food is celery

But I do agree with you; the media rarely promote girls with average figures. You're either a stick, or you're fat. What about us girls with size 8/10/12/14 figures?

Incidentally, I heard that size 14 is the average figure for a woman in the UK. What are your thoughts on this?
    For someone to have that much fat would make me believe that she does very little exercise and therefore is unfit.

As for people keeping off weight, it all depends on dedication, motivation, and life style. If you have a proper diet and exercise regime then it will be easy to control your weight. However if you slip up on one of these things then it is very easy to gain those extra pounds.

Size 14 in the UK is disgusting sadly. Now I say this as the average height for women in the UK is only 5ft 4' meaning the average British girl is a dumpy little blob.
    And why?
    What reason do they have when they live in such a developed country bar their own short comings making them unattractive in every way.

ReputationRep:
    In the same way that anorexia and over-skinny models shouldn't be promoted, neither should over-weight women, as you've shown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Considering the physical and mental implications of being fat (much higher chance of depression), yeah, being fat is going to cause you problems. To say otherwise is going against what doctors say :o:
    I'm not being rude, I'm being honest. If you think the truth is rude, that just highlights your own problems and insecurities.
    The fact that you like fat people DOES make you a freak. This is not a case of conforming, this is a case of what is natural, so don't try to make it out as if you're some enlightened person when in fact it's just that you're fuelled by insecurities.

Please explain the logic to me that a fat person can be a nice person. Not including those who are fat due to medical reasons, fat people are:

- Gluttonous (simply eat too much)
    - Selfish/Hedonistic/Decadent (Put personal pleasure before health)
    - Lazy (Eat too much for the amount of exercise they do)

Which one of those are good qualities?

So a main priority of yours is not to be healthy? For someone to care so little about their own health certainly is not good. What's the point of the rest of those things if you look in the mirror and realise you don't like what you see (which you, won't due to nature) whilst feeling lethargic etc?
    But the fact that you say "thin" instead of healthy shows that you are approaching it from all the wrong angles and are pretending it's all aesthetic rather than important due to the health implications. Not to mention how will you feel when you look back later on and realise you threw away a large part of your youth for food?

No one who has thought it through decides to be fat as there are no advantages to it, just disadvantages. So yes, I will come on here and be honest with you because clearly no one in your life is which is going to help no one. You can't "deal" with being fat because it is a CHOICE you have made, not some disability you are unable to solve.

I am a nice person. You are just an insecure girl burying your head in the sand. Honestly, if you don't sort your weight out, you will regret it whether it's in 6 months or 10 years.
    I really doubt I will regret it, tbh.

I say 'thin' because this thread wasn't about health. From the OP, this thread was about what size is socially acceptable for women. THIS is the topic I'm discussing.

I never said I liked fat people, darling. Stop putting words into my mouth. Nor do I not like fat people. I do not care about a persons size, because contrary to your close minded views, a persons looks do not indicate their entire personality.

Thank you for assuming I am insecure. It's lovely to know that you've taken all this time to get to know me. Go you.

You have just said that fat people cannot be nice people, and therefore I refuse to waste my time with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Ha, not your cup of tea.....you mean you could only wish, but then the truth hurts too much so you go into denial.
    Your bf is not hot as he is fat. Fat is never hot as is shown by every person who is renown for being beautiful. He might be a good guy, but he will be a far cry from being physically attractive.
    Anyway, I can see the truth is starting to dig in and make you uncomfortable so I will understand it if you do not reply. :rolleyes:
    Don't patronise me Jimbo.

I'M fat, not my bf. Learn to read.

I can see that I have no desire to speak to you, so I will understand it if you do not reply

ReputationRep:
    woop, 2nd post on 25 page thread xD Now i wish i had said something more worthwhile in it =P

ReputationRep:
    she is beautiful however if a few sizes smaller she would be even more gorgeous

ReputationRep:
    We'll see who's laughing when she's got heart disease, diabetes, et cetera... Sure you shouldn't be a skinny anorexic person, but you definetely should not be a lard arse mother ****er - you're only shortening your own life and putting a strain on the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Because this idiotic thinking should not be accepted. It means guys have to look for a woman in a country filled with fatties, fatties who are depressed & bored. And another side of the argument is why should I have to pay for these peoples anti-depressants because of their own idiocy? And the model is not "a bit chunky", she's flat out fat.
    Everyone should be accepted. We're all different, and of course people may think like this if they wish. Everyone has different opinions, different preferences, different outlooks. You don't have the right to tell people their opinions and the way they want to live shouldn't be accepted.

Who says she's depressed? She's clearly very happy with herself, she's done an underwear shoot - something a lot of slimmer girls wouldn't be comfortable doing. Yes, there are a lot of overweight depressed people, because in some people, the antidepressants cause weight gain. Being fat in itself doesn't cause depression. Also, fat people pay their taxes, so they're entitled to NHS treatment. That argument doesn't work. Should smokers not get treatment then? What about women on the pill, they have a higher risk of breast cancer from taking it, should we not treat them because they knew the risks? :rolleyes: Everyone is at risk from something.

I don't think she's huge, she's overweight, but not massive. You still haven't given a credible reason for why you can tell her (or any overweight person) how to live her life.

ReputationRep:
    She's gorgeous.

ReputationRep:
    Don't patronise me Jimbo.

I'M fat, not my bf. Learn to read.

I can see that I have no desire to speak to you, so I will understand it if you do not reply
    Ah yes, I confused you with someone else. You just have the ugly bf.
    As I have asked before:
    Why do you choose to be fat?
    How has being fat helped you?
    :rolleyes:

This is my whole point about why 'plus sized' models disgust me as it is a bad as advertising smoking or other things that are damaging to your health.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, 'Matzy' turned up too!

This thread is complete.

ReputationRep:
    more cushion for the pushin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Everyone should be accepted. We're all different, and of course people may think like this if they wish. Everyone has different opinions, different preferences, different outlooks. You don't have the right to tell people their opinions and the way they want to live shouldn't be accepted.

Who says she's depressed? She's clearly very happy with herself, she's done an underwear shoot - something a lot of slimmer girls wouldn't be comfortable doing. Yes, there are a lot of overweight depressed people, because in some people, the antidepressants cause weight gain. Being fat in itself doesn't cause depression. Also, fat people pay their taxes, so they're entitled to NHS treatment. That argument doesn't work. Should smokers not get treatment then? What about women on the pill, they have a higher risk of breast cancer from taking it, should we not treat them because they knew the risks? :rolleyes: Everyone is at risk from something.

I don't think she's huge, she's overweight, but not massive. You still haven't given a credible reason for why you can tell her (or any overweight person) how to live her life.
    Why should everyone be accepted?! That's ****ing retarded; where do you draw the line? Rapists? Paedophiles?
    If what someone does causes unnecessary strain for society, it should not be accepted. Being fat is not sane. It is not healthy & it causes the tax payer problems due to health implications. If the tax payer has to pay for some fatties beta blockers due to their addiction, why not pay for someone's coke addiction?
    If you are fat you are more likely to be depressed - it works both ways, not just anti-depressants causing weight gain. Do your research & google the paper about it because this is fact. Oh right she is so happy she is jeopardising her own health for no reason other than laziness :top: How the **** did you work that one out?
    Fat people should have to pay for their health treatment entirely out of their own money as it is a self inflicted problem. Would you not deem it unfair if someone broke their finger every other day so that they had to go to hospital or did some other self inflicted act?
    No smokers should not get treatment. They know the risk, they should live with the consequences. What does the A in A&E stand for? ACCIDENT. When you self inflict, you know the possible consequences and therefore it is not an accident.

I gave many reasons, clearly you're not the brightest bulb in the Christmas tree;
    - Increased NHS costs.
    - Problematic for men to find attractive women.
    - Bad for society as a whole as hedonism is not agreeable with society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    Ooh, 'Matzy' turned up too!

This thread is complete.
    Not yet, we still need Neil_K or whatever his name is. The one who tried to tell me women are naturally ugly and we should all take whatever we can get as soon as we can. :rolleyes:

Mysoginistic trolls: If you hate us so much, there's always men...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Not yet, we still need Neil_K or whatever his name is. The one who tried to tell me women are naturally ugly and we should all take whatever we can get as soon as we can. :rolleyes:

Mysoginistic trolls: If you hate us so much, there's always men...

Haven't heard of Neil_K, I feel like I'm missing out.

You can guarantee though, if there's a thread about fat people, Matzy/Jimbo1234 will be in here screaming 'HEDONISM' and 'DEPRESSED FAT PEOPLE' before you can say 'cheeseburgers'.

ReputationRep:
    I really doubt I will regret it, tbh.

I say 'thin' because this thread wasn't about health. From the OP, this thread was about what size is socially acceptable for women. THIS is the topic I'm discussing.

I never said I liked fat people, darling. Stop putting words into my mouth. Nor do I not like fat people. I do not care about a persons size, because contrary to your close minded views, a persons looks do not indicate their entire personality.

Thank you for assuming I am insecure. It's lovely to know that you've taken all this time to get to know me. Go you.

You have just said that fat people cannot be nice people, and therefore I refuse to waste my time with you. Do not quote me again, you're an idiot
    So when you wake up next to a man in 10 years, thinking "What if I had made more out of myself?"you won't regret anything? Bull ****. You know that you will question what your life & partner could have been if you had put in more effort.
    This thread is about fat. Of course it's also about health. There you go with your denial trying to separate weight and health in an attempt to comfort yourself.
    Fat is not socially acceptable and never will be thanks to nature. Fat = unhealthy therefore it is not EVER going to be seen as socially acceptable.
    If you don't like fat people, you don't like yourself. Simple logic :o:
    You don't care about a persons size, therefore you are exceptionally shallow and short sighted as you do not realise that you can tell a lot about a persons character from their appearance. As I stated before, you can tell certain negative traits if a person is overweight e.g. hedonistic and more likely to be depressed than your average person.
    You are insecure. Why else do you warp reality? Fun? No, it's because you are insecure. It's not like I need to know what your hobbies are or what you do on Saturday to know if you are insecure or not. You ignore your health & just "accept" you are fat. Congratulations you have given up on trying to be healthy. Because that's a sign of a secure person.

I did not say fat people cannot be nice people. Nice strawman argument & pathetic way to bail out of an argument. Also kudos on the childish insult at the end. So you are insecure and unpleasant. I guess it'd just be karma if you had an unhappy life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Why should everyone be accepted?! That's ****ing retarded; where do you draw the line? Rapists? Paedophiles?
    The line is drawn where harm to others is caused. Fat people aren't harming you.

If what someone does causes unnecessary strain for society, it should not be accepted. Being fat is not sane. It is not healthy & it causes the tax payer problems due to health implications. If the tax payer has to pay for some fatties beta blockers due to their addiction, why not pay for someone's coke addiction?
    Fat people pay their taxes, so they're paying for their own treatment.

If you are fat you are more likely to be depressed - it works both ways, not just anti-depressants causing weight gain. Do your research & google the paper about it because this is fact.
    And promoting images of overtly skinny women causes eating disorders (which can lead to a whole host of other health problems), depression, unhealthy body image, need I go on? So stop acting as if fat people are the cause of all the problems.

Oh right she is so happy she is jeopardising her own health for no reason other than laziness :top: How the **** did you work that one out?
    It's her choice. Also, size isn't the only indicator of health.

Fat people should have to pay for their health treatment entirely out of their own money as it is a self inflicted problem. Would you not deem it unfair if someone broke their finger every other day so that they had to go to hospital or did some other self inflicted act?
    They pay their taxes like everyone else, so they do pay for their own treatment. As I said, everyone has problems that can be argued to be self inflicted. Smokers, drinkers, etc.

No smokers should not get treatment. They know the risk, they should live with the consequences. What does the A in A&E stand for? ACCIDENT. When you self inflict, you know the possible consequences and therefore it is not an accident.
    At least you're consistent. I personally disagree, I don't have a problem with smokers being treated. What's your stance on self harmers then? People with mental illnesses who self inflict their wounds? Is that entirely their fault? Just extending your argument to see how far you take it.

I gave many reasons, clearly you're not the brightest bulb in the Christmas tree;
    - Increased NHS costs.
    - Problematic for men to find attractive women.
    - Bad for society as a whole as hedonism is not agreeable with society.
    Ha, not the brightest bulb in the Christmas tree? Not to 'pip my own horn', but I'm one of the top students in my year and quite intelligent, but yes, your judgement on my intelligence is clearly correct, Mazty. :rolleyes:

I countered all of them, therefore, you've yet to give me a decent reason.

"Men to find attractive women" is the most pathetic reason I've ever heard. I see plenty of unattractive men all the time. Also, people find different things attractive, so yeah, fail.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.