Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wq11byy)
    mine hasnt just wanna know if this is normal.....
    Mine changed on Friday. But it's completely normal for it to take ages. Its normally late January, i was surprised mine came so soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killfestab)
    Why hello there

I also got an offer from Pembroke to READ biochemistry
    If you don't mind my asking, you've applied to 4 medicine courses and one non medicine at oxford, are you going to reject oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitarmike456)
    If you don't mind my asking, you've applied to 4 medicine courses and one non medicine at oxford, are you going to reject oxford?
    Thats pretty much the story of my life right now....

Give up an undergrad medicine offer.... which i have worked really damn hard for.... and go to oxford... do Biochem (a course which i know i Would LOVE) ... and then go onto do Grad entry medicine..... which might be a bit tougher.... considering the circumstances right now... giving up the offer for medicine would seem stupid because i have the opportunity to do it NOW... whereas in the future things may change... you never know... i mean the FEES COULD ****ING RISE agen :P... or i dont know something happens... nd i wont be able to enter medicine... :P

but i know the course at oxford will give such good foundations....
    sigh... i really dont know...

im not making any decision now

any suggestions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killfestab)
    Thats pretty much the story of my life right now....

Give up an undergrad medicine offer.... which i have worked really damn hard for.... and go to oxford... do Biochem (a course which i know i Would LOVE) ... and then go onto do Grad entry medicine..... which might be a bit tougher.... considering the circumstances right now... giving up the offer for medicine would seem stupid because i have the opportunity to do it NOW... whereas in the future things may change... you never know... i mean the FEES COULD ****ING RISE agen :P... or i dont know something happens... nd i wont be able to enter medicine... :P

but i know the course at oxford will give such good foundations....
    sigh... i really dont know...

im not making any decision now

any suggestions
    i think you will hardly get another chance to get into oxford. (but you can still try for graduate, at the end of the day..)

a question, why don't you apply to read medicine at oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocoPop)
    Just wanted to say congrats to the engineers who got an offer this year! 940 people applied for a place, about 450 were interviewed, and 160 (17%) received an offer
    Where did you get this from?

That's a big change from what it says in the prospectus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moritzplatz)
    ..i think you will hardly get another chance to get into oxford
    Never say never though; I just got in aged 49! Suspect Killfestsab might have a few years ahead of him before reaching my ripe old age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoshin)
    Never say never though; I just got in aged 49! Suspect Killfestsab might have a few years ahead of him before reaching my ripe old age
    yes of course
    i was thinking about undergraduate!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I've been a bit busy last past days but don't worry I will aim to update the list as soon as possible, so sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moritzplatz)
    i think you will hardly get another chance to get into oxford. (but you can still try for graduate, at the end of the day..)

a question, why don't you apply to read medicine at oxford?
    coz im an international student and was honestly scared about even getting into medicine... my aim was to apply into med schools that would give me the best chance of getting a place :P - edinburgh medical school was like the big one ....
    oxford has like 3 -6 places for international students' medicine... and like 250 - 300 ppl competing for those seats.... just was scared about the compeition i guess?

ReputationRep:
    I also got an offer to do Biochemistry at Pembroke

ReputationRep:
    *read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    :yep:
    Have you chosen what your insurance will be, btw?
    I think it will be St Andrews, since Durham doesn't look like it will accept anything lower than AAA...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadence)
    Where did you get this from?

That's a big change from what it says in the prospectus!
    Yeah, I think it was last year that the number of applicants rose by 50% (from 600ish in 2008 entry to 900ish in 2010 entry) - I read this on the Keble College website, which publishes admissions stats each year. I got this year's statistic from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vAKoTSf9dM.

The stats on the uni website/prospectus seem a bit outdated. The 27% success rate must be from at least 4 years ago :/

ReputationRep:
    Mine changed on Friday, was a nice surprise!

ReputationRep:
    Offer coming through on Track made me very happy! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think it was last year that the number of applicants rose by 50% (from 600ish in 2008 entry to 900ish in 2010 entry) - I read this on the Keble College website, which publishes admissions stats each year. I got this year's statistic from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vAKoTSf9dM.

The stats on the uni website/prospectus seem a bit outdated. The 27% success rate must be from at least 4 years ago :/
    Wow ... That's a big increase ... Didn't think engineering would be that competitive ...

ReputationRep:

Do you mind sharing the link of the admissions stats from Keble College? or did they only publish stats for Engineering? because I can't seem to find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalaberlin)
    Do you mind sharing the link of the admissions stats from Keble College? or did they only publish stats for Engineering? because I can't seem to find it
    They published it last year after the 2009 interviews, but seem to have taken it down recently. Hopefully that means they'll be putting up this years stats soon.

They gave statistics for pretty much all of the subjects that Keble offers. Some of the stats were college-specific, but they gave some uni-wide statistics as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I've got an offer from St. Edmund Hall for Law. Any other lawyers about, or people going to St. Edmund Hall?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone advise me - I was rejected by Oxford post interview and would like to apply again next year. My question is should I apply to the same college which I really liked or a different one? I had two interviews one could not have gone better and the other could not have gone worse - altough I have not got any feedback as yet I feel I know what let me down. I would really like to apply to the same college again but is this stupid would love some advice from anyone who has applied this year for the second time. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.