Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkiee)
    Did they tell you straight on the phone interview if you have being succesful or not?
    They told me straight away, but I've heard of some people who got called back after a few days, I guess it could take up to two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_sim_simma)
    They told me straight away, but I've heard of some people who got called back after a few days, I guess it could take up to two weeks.
    Oh Okay, Thank you. Also what sort of questions did the ask on your telephone interview, i will appreciate if you can advise me. Got one for oxford street tomoro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justagrad)
    Not sure only went for assessment last week.
    Have you heard back yet? I just got an offer today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkiee)
    Oh Okay, Thank you. Also what sort of questions did the ask on your telephone interview, i will appreciate if you can advise me. Got one for oxford street tomoro

sorry didn't see this, how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by migueljohn)
    Hey guys, so I went for my assessment group thing a week and a bit ago now, and I thought it went pretty well, except for the person interviewing me was new there too, and had just moved from Scotland, so had no idea about the store opposite that had shut down was a department store also that I worked in for almost 2 years lol.

Anyway, I still hadn't heard back from them, so I rang on friday, and the lady said my file hasn't been updated, so i guess this means they're either still making a decision or haven't updated my file on their computers and said she would call me back on Monday....does this sound good or bad?

how long on average does it take them to reply back after a recruitment event?
    have you heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    have you heard back yet?
    Yeah it was for the croydon store, and even though there was only 6 of us and I was the only guy, I didn't get the job, and i've worked in the rival department store opposite for two years before it closed down as well as M&S over christmas, so i'm not being bigheaded, i was so confused when I called them for a second time and she said it looks like I wasn't successful..

I booked feedback for tomorrow morning, this should be interesting.... all the girls there except for one were really really bland :cookie:

Ah well, their loss, I will go on to do bigger and better things, and laugh at them mentally one day lmao

there was more than one job going aswell thats why i'm confused, but yeah i'll type what the feedback woman says tomorrow, might help some of you, who are gonna go for future interviews

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was for the croydon store, and even though there was only 6 of us and I was the only guy, I didn't get the job, and i've worked in the rival department store opposite for two years before it closed down as well as M&S over christmas, so i'm not being bigheaded, i was so confused when I called them for a second time and she said it looks like I wasn't successful..

I booked feedback for tomorrow morning, this should be interesting.... all the girls there except for one were really really bland :cookie:

Ah well, their loss, I will go on to do bigger and better things, and laugh at them mentally one day lmao

there was more than one job going aswell thats why i'm confused, but yeah i'll type what the feedback woman says tomorrow, might help some of you, who are gonna go for future interviews
    Sorry to hear that, I think they choose really randomly. I was really surprised I even got it because I was the least talkative in the group sessions, but my one-on-one went quite well. On to the next one I guess.

ReputationRep:

I don't think I will be successful either. Only guy too, i have suspicions they bring one guy just to cover equality requirements... oh well I'm with you... bigger and better things :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I will be successful either. Only guy too, i have suspicions they bring one guy just to cover equality requirements... oh well I'm with you... bigger and better things :cool:
    tell me how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've got an interview for 'Restaurant Assistant' role, and I'm stuck as to what I should wear...
    Do we think chinos would be appropriate, bearing in mind it's summer, and pretty warm, or should I just stick to a suit, possibly without a tie?

ReputationRep:
    tell me how it goes!
    Never got the role, perhaps the question I messed up in the interview was the cause (CBA for the feedback meeting).

Not too concerned as I got my results and it was a first class honours so should be able to get into a grad scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsem0)
    Hi,
    I've got an interview for 'Restaurant Assistant' role, and I'm stuck as to what I should wear...
    Do we think chinos would be appropriate, bearing in mind it's summer, and pretty warm, or should I just stick to a suit, possibly without a tie?
    I would go with suit option as I was told the dress code was smart... Chinos seems more smart/casual. First impressions count.

ReputationRep:
    I would go with suit option as I was told the dress code was smart... Chinos seems more smart/casual. First impressions count.
    Yeah that's kind of what I thought, I went out and brought a suit today for £20 in Primark Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I applied for a christmas temp job as a stockroom assistant and will now have a phone interview, was just wondering if anyone could tell me what it involves so I know what to expect? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, new here, I also applied for Debenhams, but my role was for Security Assistant, fortunately but strangely they didn't ask for any SIA licence or other security training licences, which is good because I didn't have any training qualifications just security experience.

Well the interview went well in my opinion, after each question, he said 'great' or 'thats good', he never asked me to elaborate or anything so I guess I gave enough in my answers.

He told me at the end that they will review my application, and they will ring me if I am successful, or email me If I am not.

I'm getting so paranoid, really want this job.

Does anyone find it weird that most retail stores, the security guards are mostly from foreign countries, in my local Tesco, ASDA etc they are Asian or African. I don't understand how they do so good in their interviews, or is there some incentive for retailers to give it to immigrants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiallD)
    Hey guys! I applied for a christmas temp job as a stockroom assistant and will now have a phone interview, was just wondering if anyone could tell me what it involves so I know what to expect? Thanks
    Hey, I just had my telephone interview for stockroom assistant xmas temp an hour ago. The girl was really lovely and made me feel at ease. Firstly she asked me why I applied for a stockroom vacancy AT Debenhams, so I had to answer two questions in one basically so make sure you cover why you want to work in a stockroom (who does?) and why Debenhams. Then I was asked what I think a typical day in the stockroom involved, just read the job description for this. I can't remember the order of the next questions but it was basically, how will I contribute well to the Debenhams team, how I would ensure accuracy in the stockroom and how I would make sure the customer felt that they were at the heart of what I do. She then put me on hold then said I was successful and I'm invited to the assessment day next week. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smclellan91)
    Hey, I just had my telephone interview for stockroom assistant xmas temp an hour ago. The girl was really lovely and made me feel at ease. Firstly she asked me why I applied for a stockroom vacancy AT Debenhams, so I had to answer two questions in one basically so make sure you cover why you want to work in a stockroom (who does?) and why Debenhams. Then I was asked what I think a typical day in the stockroom involved, just read the job description for this. I can't remember the order of the next questions but it was basically, how will I contribute well to the Debenhams team, how I would ensure accuracy in the stockroom and how I would make sure the customer felt that they were at the heart of what I do. She then put me on hold then said I was successful and I'm invited to the assessment day next week. Hope this helps!
    Thanks so much! This is really helpful Well done on getting to the assessment day! The only thing is I wrote down the wrong date for my phone interview, which was really annoying as I was out when it happened so I missed it and therefore had to reschedule, which was kinda embarrassing and I hope it doesn't look bad on me that I missed it, I'll explain what happened to my interviewer in the phone interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smclellan91)
    Thank you so much! I just had my phone interview for the same role and had those exact questions. I am so glad I caught your post beforehand, as I'm now off to the assessment day on Thursday. Are you going for the Manchester job too? And I'm assuming I had the same girl as you. She was lovely and calming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffie)
    Thank you so much! I just had my phone interview for the same role and had those exact questions. I am so glad I caught your post beforehand, as I'm now off to the assessment day on Thursday. Are you going for the Manchester job too? And I'm assuming I had the same girl as you. She was lovely and calming.
    <
    Well done! Yes I'm going to the one in Manchester, it's annoying because I've got to travel up from Notts for it because I'm at MMU and haven't moved back yet, but i'm hoping that will look good ha!<
    It's a lot of interview process for just a temp job isn't it! And these types of group activities don't half panic me, I'd like to know if anyone has been to the assessment day for the stockroom vacancies and can tell me what to expect? I've read a lot about the sales advisor ones but I'm guessing stockroom will be slightly different. May start a new thread for this

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here had the stockroom movement assessment day recently and know what we can expect?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.